This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
    I agree totally but some people feel good about themselves when they constantly point out the weaknesses in other people.

I guess people are experts on other people's lives when they suck at their own
    +1000. Well put.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
      This sucks - I was going to take the kids to see them on Friday. Then again a refund would be better if this is what we're missing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ljWq08g_D8

Ouch that was painful to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        I agree totally but some people feel good about themselves when they constantly point out the weaknesses in other people.

I guess people are experts on other people's lives when they suck at their own
        damn dude thats cold..lol

accept reality, eds not well bro. not eveyone is the ultimate VH fanboy!

I'll just remember VH for what the were, the ultimate party band, not for what they've become today...
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          damn dude thats cold..lol

accept reality, eds not well bro. not eveyone is the ultimate VH fanboy!

I'll just remember VH for what the were, the ultimate party band, not for what they've become today...
          well, IMO accepting reality isn't talking shit and gossiping
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

He a fucking public figure charging a boatload of money to see him, he owes us something better than what i've seen in these videos. When he pulls shit like this, and then sells EVH guitars on ebay for 6k+, he's wide open for people gossiping and talking shit.

That's just the reality of being a star (or has been star)...

Comment

They need Gary Cherone back on vocals and Sammy Hagar to play guitar and put out VH 4 already! :ROTF:
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Personally, I'd rather see DLR get Vai, Sheehan, and Bissonette and do a new DLR record. I'm so sick of all this EVH drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                  Personally, I'd rather see DLR get Vai, Sheehan, and Bissonette and do a new DLR record. I'm so sick of all this EVH drama.
                  And who's to blame for the drama? Eddie or TMZ? Seems like the guy was slagged alot here for something that's not even true. So back off Eddie a bit, it wasn't his fault TMZ ran with a story with no proof.
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

here comes my favourite subject "he owes us"
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Holy Shit Joe...

I think Rich had a feasable idea..Ed wants Wolf, put him help on second fiddle and bring Mike back. I must give Dave credit for doing well during that monitor tantrum..he completely tuned it out and did his job.

You gotta remeber..we're taking Youtube for granted..just a few years ago, all those vids good and bad wouldn't be availuable to see.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                        here comes my favourite subject "he owes us"
                        In general I agree, he owes us nothing.
                        But when one pays shit loads of cash for tickets to see a show, they expect to get a performance inline with the amount of $$$ paid.
                        That sloppy ass shit don't cut it. I've heard n00b bar bands sound 10x better.
                        And technical difficulties aside, that was just bad form at the end.
                        -Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          well, IMO accepting reality isn't talking shit and gossiping
                          The only person or thing being discussed in this thread that sucks is EVH on this tour. Sorry...

Comment

• I have not read too many posts here about people paying money and Eddie sucking. Most of the scorn comes from crappy, cell phone shot video on youtube. If you paid your money and Eddie sucked up the joint, you have every right to be pissed. I just don't see alot of that here.

Most of the people here who posted here about going to Van Halen has posted a positive expierence. I don't remember a bad one. But I see alot of youtube links.
                            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                              In general I agree, he owes us nothing.
                              But when one pays shit loads of cash for tickets to see a show, they expect to get a performance inline with the amount of $$$ paid.
                              That sloppy ass shit don't cut it. I've heard n00b bar bands sound 10x better.
                              And technical difficulties aside, that was just bad form at the end.
                              WOW!!! Someone actually gets it. VH is charging insance prices for tickets and they are delivering a half assed performance. Don't any of you realize that this tour isn't about the fans... it is about giving Eddie a chance to market his new line of gear and make to make some quick dough. This is why I'm critical... We're not talking about some bar band... this is EVH... the most influencial guitarist of our generation. You guys are way to easily satisfied. I got in the show for free, was in a suite, and had free grub and I was still pissed about paying for the gas I used to get there...

Speaking of bar bands, I've seen plenty around here that routinely turn in better performances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                                Personally, I'd rather see DLR get Vai, Sheehan, and Bissonette and do a new DLR record.
                                That I'd buy, and I haven't bought a retail music CD in 5+ years, but I would buy it. Whether your for Ed or against Ed, its all entertainment.
                                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                                X