This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope they don't replace the guitarist
    Last edited by j4vice; 03-06-2008, 06:41 PM.
    JvicE

Comment

• Originally posted by j4vice View Post
      I got in a fight at the first South Florida show two weeks ago.
      Let me guess. Wolfie spit milk on you, then whipped your ass while licking it off.
      "POOP"

Comment

• Being the huge VH fan that I am (sarcasm, sorry) I have to say some of you guys are quick to stomp on EVH... I don't know what his issue is, I haven't seen them live (and won't be) and all I have heard is gossip. But really before you cruxify the guy you might want to step back a little.

I don't recall anyone ever stating that his addiction was he went into rehab for - but in EVH's defence, I can't imagine being on the road so close after being in rehab is that easy of a thing. he may be perfectly sober and just feeling the frustration of not being 100% the star he was back in their hay day. There's a lot of pressure on the guy to perform night after night, afterall he's EV-fn-Halen he's not allowed to get old or to play slower. He's (apparently) not allowed to have a bad night and when he does everyone knows about it. There's a lot of public stuff out there right now about his personal life (most of it one sided with out his input) and that's a lot to carry while on the road night after night. Just wait and see if they re-schedule those dates. I bet you they do and this'll blow over.
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          This sucks - I was going to take the kids to see them on Friday. Then again a refund would be better if this is what we're missing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ljWq08g_D8

What a fucking piece of shit. I knew he was totally fucked up when he played here. whatever.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• I think the whole point is, when the cheapest tickets are $140, there should be NO bad nights. Hes a professional musician... one of the best there ever was... he, of all people, should know better. If youre gonna rape people for that kinda money, you had better give them their moneys worth. If youre not up to the challenge, then youve got no business being up on stage.

That being said, he played great when I saw him. It was awesome to see him live for the first, and probably last time... I saw the living legend, and for that Im grateful. But I feel bad for the people that didnt see the real Ed.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
              I hope all you guys bashing Ed never, ever have to go through what he's going through with his addiction. You guys think it so fuckin' easy to just quit when you have an addiction. I feel sorry for him. I really feel sorry for Wolfie. Too bad he had to watch his dad go down the drain every night. That must be hard for him.

But the rest of you guys? If you haven't walked in those shoes, shut the fuck up already.

Don't like him? That's cool. But I feel we are watching the downfall of one of the best guitarists in history. If that doesn't make you a bit sad, you are heartless.

He played good here in Des Moines. I guess we were lucky. I wish he would just go back home, live the quiet life, and get himself together. He's done enough for us, hasn't he? Where would all you bitching crybabys be without Eddie? Not here, I bet.
              Bengal, a few things.

its not any picnic to quit an addiction.

everyone (or at least 99%) of the people here LOVE ed. They realize what hes done for guitar, and waaay more importantly, whats happening to him now. I know you dont drink, but if you think ed played anything but shit after the drum solo, you were high as a kite at the show. A friend f mine had a convo with the monitor guy, lets just say ed was fucked up.

Yes, we are watching the downfall of a great. Better than anyone of us on the board. It doesnt make me sad in the least. he revolutionized guitar, has all the fame, money, recognition, EVERYTHING that everyone here would die for. And hes fucking it away because he cant quit drinking? FUCK HIM.

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                Bengal, a few things.

its not any picnic to quit an addiction.

everyone (or at least 99%) of the people here LOVE ed. They realize what hes done for guitar, and waaay more importantly, whats happening to him now. I know you dont drink, but if you think ed played anything but shit after the drum solo, you were high as a kite at the show. A friend f mine had a convo with the monitor guy, lets just say ed was fucked up.

Yes, we are watching the downfall of a great. Better than anyone of us on the board. It doesnt make me sad in the least. he revolutionized guitar, has all the fame, money, recognition, EVERYTHING that everyone here would die for. And hes fucking it away because he cant quit drinking? FUCK HIM.
                Wasn't this like 2 days ago?

Where did I say it was a picnic trying to quit? I'm backing the guy because I know what he's going through. Maybe that didn't come out.

Eds been drunk on stage since 1978. Come on, that's nothing new. I could see him backstage drinking beer out of a can, so I know he was buzzed during the show. But like I said, he's been drunk onstage since '78. How someone plays is subjective. Have I seen him play better? Sure. Did he suck like those youtube videos? Not in the least. So whats your point? Saying I was "high as a kite" is fuckin' childish. Come on dude, your from Des Moines, you're better than that.

You start off saying it's not easy to quit an addiction but your last sentence makes it sound like it should be a picnic. I don't know what you're trying to say there.

If you're pissed at him, great. Own it and live with it. I'm not. I got my moneys worth at that show. I paid 120 for 2 great seats. I didn't get ripped off at all.

And I would say those monitor guys were drinking as well. Seeing how much the band was yelling at them the whole show.

EDIT: But trust me, I know what pricks artists can be when it comes to monitors.
                Last edited by Bengal; 03-04-2008, 09:56 PM. Reason: Because I Fucking Wanted To!
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• Well, if Ed is taking time off there is one thing he should do. Eat a bunch of jalapeno poppers, and shit them down Valerie's throat so she'll shut the fuck up about his personal life on women's talk shows.
                  EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Wasn't this like 2 days ago?

Where did I say it was a picnic trying to quit? I'm backing the guy because I know what he's going through. Maybe that didn't come out.

Eds been drunk on stage since 1978. Come on, that's nothing new. I could see him backstage drinking beer out of a can, so I know he was buzzed during the show. But like I said, he's been drunk onstage since '78. How someone plays is subjective. Have I seen him play better? Sure. Did he suck like those youtube videos? Not in the least. So whats your point? Saying I was "high as a kite" is fuckin' childish. Come on dude, your from Des Moines, you're better than that.

You start off saying it's not easy to quit an addiction but your last sentence makes it sound like it should be a picnic. I don't know what you're trying to say there.

If you're pissed at him, great. Own it and live with it. I'm not. I got my moneys worth at that show. I paid 120 for 2 great seats. I didn't get ripped off at all.

And I would say those monitor guys were drinking as well. Seeing how much the band was yelling at them the whole show.

EDIT: But trust me, I know what pricks artists can be when it comes to monitors.
                    You misinterpreted what i was saying. I know its no picnic trying to quit something, im not bagging on him for trying. But thats irrelevant. Yes, i would agree that the DM show was better than the youtube. But ive seen VH probably 10 times. The show in DM started mediocre and went downhill from there. Thats cool you think you didnt get ripped off. But i would argue there were many people there that did. Our drummer came up to me after the show and said "I waited for 33 years to see ed and that was it?" Ill give the guy a break, hes a fucking legend. The "high as a kite" comment was in jest, i obviously wasnt watching the same show you were.

But i stand by my last comment. If youre charging $120+ for tickets? You better deliver. Otherwise, come see my gay cover band play 80s covers for $6

Comment

• Originally posted by drockilles View Post
                      Well, if Ed is taking time off there is one thing he should do. Eat a bunch of jalapeno poppers, and shit them down Valerie's throat so she'll shut the fuck up about his personal life on women's talk shows.
                      I've seen her on two shows, including Larry King, and she's yet to say anything bad about Ed. Matter of fact, she's been pretty damned hard on herself.
                      "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                        You misinterpreted what i was saying. I know its no picnic trying to quit something, im not bagging on him for trying. But thats irrelevant. Yes, i would agree that the DM show was better than the youtube. But ive seen VH probably 10 times. The show in DM started mediocre and went downhill from there. Thats cool you think you didnt get ripped off. But i would argue there were many people there that did. Our drummer came up to me after the show and said "I waited for 33 years to see ed and that was it?" Ill give the guy a break, hes a fucking legend. The "high as a kite" comment was in jest, i obviously wasnt watching the same show you were.

But i stand by my last comment. If youre charging $120+ for tickets? You better deliver. Otherwise, come see my gay cover band play 80s covers for $6
                        I understand what you are saying. No worries on the High Kite comment, I need to get some thicker skin. The "your from Des Moines" comment was in jest too. But we are better than the rest of these guys!

I'll change one point. If I had never seen Van Halen before, I think I would be pissed too. But I've seen them 4 times (I think) and it was in line with those. But I will say again, his solo is a fuckin' train wreck. Even he admits it. He has no clue what he's going to do, it's just a sporatic wank fest. That pissed me off a bit. Eddies solos in the past have been great.

I also paid $80 for 2 shirts. So total was $200. I thought the shirts were a little high. Wait, not a little, they rip you off with those. But I keep buying them. Goes back to when I was in Junior High, if you don't have a shirt the next day, you didn't go to the show.

Let me know when your "gay cover band" is playing and where. I'd come out and see you guys!
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          I've seen her on two shows, including Larry King, and she's yet to say anything bad about Ed. Matter of fact, she's been pretty damned hard on herself.
                          Well, my girl was watching oprah the other day when i got home from work, and i saw val talking about how ed cried and shit when they first fucked. so i don't know what else was said. either way, she should stick to eating her low carb meals and not relapse like kirsty alley. or she could take bill up on his offer.......

Comment

I understand what you are saying. No worries on the High Kite comment, I need to get some thicker skin. The "your from Des Moines" comment was in jest too. But we are better than the rest of these guys!

I'll change one point. If I had never seen Van Halen before, I think I would be pissed too. But I've seen them 4 times (I think) and it was in line with those. But I will say again, his solo is a fuckin' train wreck. Even he admits it. He has no clue what he's going to do, it's just a sporatic wank fest. That pissed me off a bit. Eddies solos in the past have been great.

I also paid $80 for 2 shirts. So total was $200. I thought the shirts were a little high. Wait, not a little, they rip you off with those. But I keep buying them. Goes back to when I was in Junior High, if you don't have a shirt the next day, you didn't go to the show.

Let me know when your "gay cover band" is playing and where. I'd come out and see you guys!
                            my gay cover band is playing this saturday, opening for firehouse (!) They actually sound really good. We play at bricks everyonce in a while.

And yes, you got ripped off with the 2 shirts, haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by drockilles View Post
                              Well, my girl was watching oprah the other day when i got home from work, and i saw val talking about how ed cried and shit when they first fucked. so i don't know what else was said. either way, she should stick to eating her low carb meals and not relapse like kirsty alley. or she could take bill up on his offer.......
                              Kind of harsh, but I guess you have your reasons.
                              "POOP"

Comment

• I do, I wan't val to plump up so i can keep her in my gingerbread house......

Comment

Working...
                                X