Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
    Slayer
    When guitar solos were out of fashion I'd hear alot of bands and think this would be ok with a good guitar solo, then I'd hear Slayer and think this would be ok if they'd just LOSE the guitar solos.
    I just think solos should be musical now matter how heavy the music is
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
      The solo in Cult of Personality sucks. Great tune, pitiful solo.
      Great example. Same could be sid for lots of Living Colors songs
      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
        BLS - In this river

The song is ok, I like the beginning, but the solo is so out of place.. Terrible.
        Agreed!!!

Comment

The end of November Rain...how did that get out of the studio?

Comment

Quite simply stated, "Californication." The worst solo in the history of man, with the worst tone ever recorded.

And here it is at 3:26:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4F3x5bRVEg

The fact that he is playing a White Falcon in this video, thus implying that this "retard with a gorilla" tone is coming from that glorious guitar makes me want to send Frusciante a letter bomb.
            Last edited by MBreinin; 10-24-2007, 04:44 PM.
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

My memory eludes me right now but Mick Mars has a couple turds.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
                The end of November Rain...how did that get out of the studio?
                Are you kidding me? That outro made the whole song! That's one of Slash' coolest ever solos, goosebumps when i first heard it.

Comment

+1, it totally kicks the ass of the ballady first 20 minutes of the rest of the song...

I disagree about Californication, I think that solo works.

Comment

I never dug Soungarden that much, but I thought Black hole sun was great-until the solo. What a chunk of shit. Ruined the song for me after that. Kim Thayl sucks.
                    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                      I never dug Soungarden that much, but I thought Black hole sun was great-until the solo. What a chunk of shit. Ruined the song for me after that. Kim Thayl sucks.
                      If you base this guy's playing solely on that solo, yes. Now try the one from "Jesus Christ pose"

Comment

this one is pretty bad.......
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=jFllo3i3HFs
                        If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Anybody that can play a solo and get get paid for it, did a good job....:ROTF: .......and this is coming form someone who thinks The Edge should have his guitar broken over his head...........twice!!! :ROTF:
                          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Originally posted by donf View Post
                            Anybody that can play a solo and get get paid for it, did a good job....:ROTF: .......and this is coming form someone who thinks The Edge should have his guitar broken over his head...........twice!!! :ROTF:
                            The Edge never played any bad solos. That's because he's a good man, and a good man knows his limitations!

Comment

I love Aerosmith but Joe Perry is a bit out there on his solos. A friend of mine told me had to here this song so youtubed it. This has to one of the worst solos I have ever heard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBi7XvJKlMo
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                                Are you kidding me? That outro made the whole song! That's one of Slash' coolest ever solos, goosebumps when i first heard it.
                                I think the melody at the end is amazing, it's just the out of pitch string bends that give me goose bumps...in a bad way...

Comment

Working...
                                X