Worst Guitar Solos of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
    feel free to post links to videos of your wife standing in front of a load of people with her norks hanging out!

+1!!! yes!!! best...thread...evah!!!

Comment

Watch "Smells Like Teen Spirit", their breakthrough. It features a typical Cobain "solo".

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
        Well in that case feel free to post links to videos of your wife standing in front of a load of people with her norks hanging out!
        I can't imagine my wife would ever do it. I'm lucky she gets them out for me. But that's not why I married here.

Sluts are great, but you wouldn't want to marry one. Totally impractical!
        so getting your boobs out in front of people makes you a slut? My mum was an artist's model for years - I guess her posing in front of a class of art students makes her a slut?

Anyway, which is the nomination for Kurt Cobain's entry into the World's Worst Guitar Solos? I'm no real fan of his stuff, so I can't claim to have heard loads of his tracks, but I'm pretty sure what I have heard, there were no guitar solos in them. That, in my book should get him some respect, he has acknowledged his limitations and not made a twat of himself.
        I don't actually nominate Cobain as worst solo. I haven't heard enough of his stuff to comment. Avoided the stuff as much as possible back in the day, despite my friends (having just discovered music) telling me I really REALLY have to listen to this songwriting genius.

I was simply making fun of all the people who are nominating individuals in a thread that's supposed to about "the World's Worst Guitar Solo". Even if you hate everything a particular guitarist played, surely they would have a "worst" solo which you could nominate.
        Unlike B F M........
        Big Friendly.....?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

"Monkey Bars" by Coney Hatch, the song is great until that solo lmfao.

Steve Vai's lame-ass attempt at the solo to on fire...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MA7gKkpKh0w
          Out Of Ideas

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqDuuX-31xM
            So we've all seen this parody, but holy shit is this solo terrible. Sounds like he just randomly threw in all the shred warm up exercises he knew in the key of the song to make a solo. No flow, no dynamics, straight shit.
            EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

The only problem I have with the solo to We Will Rock You is the irony.

"We will, we will ROCK YOU!" endlessly through the song, and then the big build-up to the solo that you KNOW is going to rock you, but doesn't.

The guitarist in me says "wow, I'm underwhelmed" but the comedian in me is laughing his ass off
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

good call, Newc!

That song has always been like sex for me - a big buildup, the anticipation, the excitement about what's to come. And then within a few seconds, you're left with an anticlimactic wet noodle and a gay lead singer saying "that's okay - we can try again later."

Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                  Steve Vai's lame-ass attempt at the solo to on fire...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MA7gKkpKh0w

This vid will not play for me...
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dont Have time to read through this entire thread but did anyone mention...

Living Colour's "Cult of Personailty" solo

Its funny I thought that was the worst solo when the song came out but by todays standards its pretty darn good.

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      so getting your boobs out in front of people makes you a slut? My mum was an artist's model for years - I guess her posing in front of a class of art students makes her a slut?
                      Not a bit of it, boobs are wonderful things, some are functional (thanks Mum), some are objects of beauty, simply getting them out doesn't make anyone a slut.
                      However, if her name is Courtney Love, she is standing slurring at a large crowd of people to look at her tits, then, yes, she is a slut, simply because her name is Courtney Love. I'd rather have Nancy Spungen as my missus (she'd be a bit mouldy by now though). Anyway, her tits are like a roof-tiler's nailbag, she should keep them covered up!

On the subject of Brian fucking May, the guitar solo which is the best/worst of his career is in the cover of Bohemian Rhapsody by Bad News. Truly painful, as it was intended to be.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

• The Courney Love video was shot after Kurt blew his head off. I believe that song came out in '99.

Comment

• I'd hazard a guess she wasn't a nice balanced individual before he did himself in though.
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

• Pretty much all slayer solos....all RANDOM notes.

Everyone I know agrees.

Comment

Working...
                            X