Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Slayer song

Comment

There's a Lenny Kravitz single, It Ain't Over, or something like that. That solo is really lame. Any solo by Jack White is worthy of hatred. Kurt Cobain could've kicked that guy's ass, why do these twats rate him?
      I like the solo in Cult Of Personality. I always figured it was a kind of "anti-solo". We all know that Vernon has some pretty serious chops, and I reckon he was taking the piss on that one.
      My favourite worst solo, however, is Madam X's High In High School. Yes, it's a fun song, and it's a chick in thigh boots and spandex, but it really is a bunch of unconnected noises. Like a slowed-down Vinnie Vincent. Just painful...

Comment

not a solo as such , but I've always thought slash's guitar part at the start of live and let die sounds terrible

Comment

No no no NO!
          You are all wrong. The absolute worst solo in the history of guitar is: Freight train by out-fuckin'-rageous hair metal act Nitro. Not one but TWO absolute crap solos. In comparison, CC Deville's Unskinny Bop solo sounds like angels singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7VK3dLDAnE

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            OK I love CC and there are worse ones out there, but the solo on "Unskinny Bop" really blew.
            the lick near the end where its completely messed up and horrible?

Comment

Uhm, I thought Beck's solo fit the song perfectly.
              "POOP"

Comment

My vote is for The Kinks - You really got me !!! I cringe every time I hear it !!!!!

Comment

Enter Sandman

Comment

Worst guitar solo of all time? Anything played by me. And that is no lie.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                      You guys are all wrong, the worst solo didn't come from Kurt Cobain who usually plays the vocal melody. (and why are people saying that Nirvana killed off the guitar solo when they DID have solos in their songs?)

It's also not from CC deville or that Guy from Twisted sister.

It's not the mindless widdling from Kerry and Jeff in Slayer tunes.

It's not Vinnie Vincent's 6 note solo in "I Love it loud"

No, the worst solo ever came from this song...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGJynZNr7rk

Guaranteed, it doesn't get any worse than this.

That guy is stoned out of his mind. Did you see how glassy his eyes were? He is on a serious trip!
                      1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                      Jackson SLATQH
                      Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                      Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                      Jackson DKMGT (project)
                      Kramer Focus 1000
                      Ibanez SDGR Bass
                      Ovation Celebrity
                      Martin Backpacker

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                        Good article on Wiki about Creatures of the Night, and who all played on what songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatures_of_the_Night

I now return you to your previously scheduled thread.

- E.
                        Steve Farris & Robben Ford take solos, and Bryan Adams wrote a couple of tunes? Now that's metal!
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                          Katatonia!
                          :ROTF:

Yeah I just clicked on the thread to write it.. Dudes are amazing

I agree with the Slayer comments and Megadeth's new guitar player Glen Drover can write some incredibly shitty stuff, kudos to him
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64
                          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                            Uhm, I thought Beck's solo fit the song perfectly.
                            +1
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

There's a Lenny Kravitz single, It Ain't Over, or something like that. That solo is really lame.
                              It Ain't Over Til Its Over? I like to jam to that song, but I agree its kind of a lame, boring solo. A different guitar tone and no echo could of helped it greatly. No where near as good as Are You Gonna go My Way. Also, the solo to Remedy by Seether hurts me ears.

Comment

neil young the infamous one note cinnamon girl solo
                                ----------
                                Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Working...
                                X