No announcement yet.

Unbelievable British Idol Clip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHOLY CRAP That guy has some pipes. Look at the ratings. How could someone not give that a 5 star? I can understand if you don't like opera, but damn, that guy is top talent.

Comment

Ok, so now that he's gotten enough credit for having a fantastic voice (he deserves the credit)--and I'm not going to mark him down for being a bit of a semi-pro (he's gotten a lot of training) since so many Idol wannabes are trained--but he does have very poor diction. I think his voice is definitely good enough to become an opera pro (I'm just comparing him to the people at the Eastman school locally) but you can easily tell he has pronunciation problems. Poor guy isn't going to cut it in the opera world. Ironically, god gave him an unbelievable voice, as well as a bad palate for pronunciation (teeth, tongue, etc.).

Comment

I can't really tell if he's saying the words right - I don't know them myself

Comment

I worked around opera singers for 6 years and they are freaks of nature. Its the most demanding and difficult form of singing, period. What sets this guy apart is his tone, as guitarists we can appreciate how much that can matter. This guy has amazing tone, thats what sets the best opera singers apart. I don't know if this guy has enough power to sing in professional opera, unmic'd but I think he does, his singing was effortless and his technique was pretty flawless.

Poor guy isn't going to cut it in the opera world. Ironically, god gave him an unbelievable voice, as well as a bad palate for pronunciation (teeth, tongue, etc.).
          A little I agree, but this is an easy problem to rectify with some proper training.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
            I can't really tell if he's saying the words right - I don't know them myself
            Same with Death metal :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
            X