No announcement yet.

Unbelievable British Idol Clip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow are finals of that British Idol....

Comment

That was amazing!
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

While I certainly appreciate the power and tone of his voice I have to admit that opera leaves me cold and bores the crap out of me. There is no question this guy is a great singer, but I wonder how much of what you guys are "feeling" from this is based on the audience/judges reactions to his voice, and not his singing alone? Maybe you guys are more sensitive to this type of music than I am..but that bored the shit out of me.

Anyway, he's a better singer than I could ever hope to be - I can't deny that. Thanks for the clip.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
            While I certainly appreciate the power and tone of his voice I have to admit that opera leaves me cold and bores the crap out of me. There is no question this guy is a great singer, but I wonder how much of what you guys are "feeling" from this is based on the audience/judges reactions to his voice, and not his singing alone? Maybe you guys are more sensitive to this type of music than I am..but that bored the shit out of me.

Anyway, he's a better singer than I could ever hope to be - I can't deny that. Thanks for the clip.
            There is a reason the audience/judges reacted like that - it was a fantastic vocal performance! I don't care what genre it is, it is a gift to anyone able to listen to hear someone sing that well and with that much passion.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I am not an opera goer, and I never listen to it, but around where I live there are a lot of opera singers in training (one of the best schools in the world for it is nearby) and so I've been in close proximity to them when they do their thing. At restaurants, on open air festival stages, passing in front of my house!! I know this: a human being's voice can shoot through your body the same way the bass coming off a Marshall 4x12 does, and when it happens, you are definitely not bored by by it.

Comment

Amature, semi-pro, pro in the closet...... whatever and who cares. That was increadible. I could only wish to sing in a way that would touch that female judge like that. Also, that would never make it on American tv. It lacks the "pretty pop songstresses with great cans but no singing ability." to quote VitaminG.

Comment

Isn't that the point of performance though? If you are feeding off the reaction of the audience or the performer's talents doesn't really matter. You are there to be moved and entertained. Besides, when was the last time a guitar solo moved an audience like that where 80% of those standing weren't just the males and 90% of them guitar players themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                    I am not an opera goer, and I never listen to it, but around where I live there are a lot of opera singers in training (one of the best schools in the world for it is nearby) and so I've been in close proximity to them when they do their thing. At restaurants, on open air festival stages, passing in front of my house!! I know this: a human being's voice can shoot through your body the same way the bass coming off a Marshall 4x12 does, and when it happens, you are definitely not bored by by it.
                    Thanks for that, but I am still bored by it...different strokes.
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokesy View Post
                      According to Wikipedia:

Paul has appeared on national and local television and radio. His claim to fame is his 1999 appearance on Michael Barrymore's My Kind of Music. He has spent two summers touring Northern Italy training with one of the major opera schools, training under top teachers Mario Melani and Svetlana Sidrova, and has taken part in master classes with Vilma Vernocchi, Katia Ricciarelli and Luciano Pavarotti. Future plans include a summer tour with the RPO.
                      Wow now this is nice to see. I went maybe two hours ago to wikipedia on the link provided by monk and read exactly this. Also that it was controversial that this guy isn't an amateur but TV wants the audience to believe he is.

Now the wikipedia site misses all the info stating what he already did as a singer. Censorship ? hehe

Flo
                      http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Put it back in
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post

+1

It's quite an experience to see some of these people in person. My first time was in high school. I worked the stage lights in the school theater for extra credit in one of my classes, and we had an opera company do some performances. It was amazing to be around them for warmups, rehearsals, and the shows. Very cool, friendly folks. When they sang, it was hard to believe we come from the same species.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            Here it is ..this 16 year old kid "Ari" won the Finland idol..

Here he is doing "Perfect Strangers"..he's a "metal" singer..imagine that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKSN7EE4Osw
                            he's got the pipes, he knows how to use em, if he sticks to it, he's got a great future in music in front of him.

he butchered The evil that men do though :P
                            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

He truly envokes the spirit of the Prince as intended. Yes, I even think his emotion is stroner than when Phil Lewis vomits out, 'Bitch', from the last bridge in 'Bitch is Back'. Metal cred intact

Comment

wow
                                I used to date a girl who loved opera so we'd go alot.
                                you have to experience it in person to 'get " it.
                                it can be a truly moving experience.
                                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                                X