• Show
Clear All

Beyond words...
    -Rick

Comment

I don't have the words,
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

My mum emailed me this a couple of days ago. Simply amazing.

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
        Who is the girl judge? I like her
        Amanda Holden. Lovely
        http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0390155/

fwiw, this isn't UK Idol, but Britain's Got Talent. Minor quibble. So this guy is up against knife jugglers, plate spinners and such, not pretty pop songstresses with great cans but no singing ability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britain%27s_Got_Talent
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          Amanda Holden. Lovely
          Marred by the fact that Les Dennis used to put his tadger in her.

"Oh I don't really know Vera..."
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

If what this guy says is true

"German TV reports, that he was on a opera-singing school in the past. Even took lessons with Pavarotti. And English Tv knows about that, but holds back the information for not ruining the "Cinderella-Story".
            Don´t get me wrong, I like that guy very much! But if this would be true, and he wouldnt be the amateur he is told to be, it would definitively leave a bad taste... "

Like the Geico Caveman said: "NOT cool!"
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I saw that a couple of days ago, simply awsome... but you have to see opera live to get the whole "effect"
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

What Ron said sounds right, it's not like a TV company to manipulate something for viewing figures is it?

He's a good singer none the less, but having been lucky enough to see the 4 tenors back in the 90s, he doesn't have the punch or quite the emotion that the fat Italian bloke does. Also he's lacking 15 chins, he's only on 2, he has to eat more pies.
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                  Wow, they should just take him out of the competition and straight to the studio or Opera House... he is just too much!
                  Exactly what I was thinking! He's too good for a one-hit-wonder pop band!

Comment

I saw that Britians Got Talent show. He's pretty amazing. Did they actually say that he has had no training? I don't think they mentioned it directly but there is pretty much no way you can do that without some direction.

Comment

i think the chick judge had an orgasm LMAO
                      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

That is certainly NOT American Idol..where Image comes before talent.

They had a kid named "Uri" ( I think) in Scandanavia..doing classic rock tunes..fuck, was he good!!

Uli covers that song you know..he doesn't sing it of course, that would be hilarious!!
                        Last edited by horns666; 06-16-2007, 05:59 AM. Reason: I fucked up
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

According to Wikipedia:

Paul has appeared on national and local television and radio. His claim to fame is his 1999 appearance on Michael Barrymore's My Kind of Music. He has spent two summers touring Northern Italy training with one of the major opera schools, training under top teachers Mario Melani and Svetlana Sidrova, and has taken part in master classes with Vilma Vernocchi, Katia Ricciarelli and Luciano Pavarotti. Future plans include a summer tour with the RPO.

Comment

I tried to get that Finland Idol on youtube and couldn't find it..it was posted in the artist section I think..not too long ago..
                            Last edited by horns666; 06-16-2007, 06:23 AM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

He is certainly no beginner, but since he work in a phone warehouse I guess he is still to be considered "an amateur". He is pretty good, but I agree that much of it is the "cinderella-story" the production company is trying to add.

Here is his other appearance, in the semi-final:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDB9zwlXrB8

Some info:
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Potts

He still has a long way to go before singing like this, though:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUbA5y1hnFg

Comment

Here it is ..this 16 year old kid "Ari" won the Finland idol..

Here he is doing "Perfect Strangers"..he's a "metal" singer..imagine that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKSN7EE4Osw

Comment

Working...
                                X