Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So gas is gonna drop to $1.15 next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1.15 per gallon????

I know you're all sick of us on this side of the pond whinging about it, but we pay about $7.00 per gallon. If it goes up much more I'm going to have to get rid of my beloved Jag and my 4 litre Discovery*. And if it kicks off in Iran and prices really hike, I'm going to be the best guitarist on here, because I won't be able to afford to go out, I'll just stay in all day and practice.

* Naaah, I'll sell smack to schoolkids to feed my Jag, NOTHING will force me to sell that baby.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Lowest we've found it here $1.95 most places are at $2.01

Comment

There's actually a Sunoco in Philly (they're moving) that's having a moving sale. $1.49 a gallon for any grade until the tanks are dry.
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

The futures price for gas is $1.50 a gallon. All the rest is taxes. God Bless the Queen.:ROTF: :ROTF: People really did rebel and cut back on driving. That's why they have to give it away. I hear a tanker truck coming in.:ROTF:
          Last edited by fett; 09-25-2006, 03:14 PM.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

There are claims that I think BP says that they can sell a barrel for $20 and be profitable so its possible with the the oil reserve.

Comment

Hate to say it, but I'll bet the gas prices will go back up after the November elections. Enjoy it while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                Hate to say it, but I'll bet the gas prices will go back up after the November elections. Enjoy it while you can.
                Bingo, It just shows how much the oil companies can control the price of gas and use it to either stuff their pockets or to temporarily give people amnesia about how they've been screwing us for the last year or so, in hopes of saving the election for their party of choice. (see I didn"t name any political party or candidates)
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Elections are coming up. My .02.

edit: LOL! I posted without seeing the last two post. Great minds think alike.

Comment

so let me get this straight... a term is coming to an end and gas prices are starting to drop around the same time. hmm

Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                    Amp... Pioneer
                    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

You guys don't get it. The elections have nothing to do with falling oil prices. Ever since Iraq and Katrina, there has been a potential "Shortage" premium build into the price of a barrel of oil. There has never been a supply issue. It's the oil pit and speculators that really control the price of oil. Once the "Fear Factor" is gone, the price will come down. And it could come down hard. Iran is a wildcard. But the pits say it's no great shieks. (I made a joke:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: )
                      Last edited by fett; 09-25-2006, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Oh, all the familiar faces with the same old conspiracy theories around here.:ROTF:
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Right on, Scott
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There is no conspiracy. There is just a bunch of crazy bastards that are trying to make a fast buck. Watch "Trading Places". That's how it works.

Comment

I think it was $1.53/ litre when the lady filled up on Sunday. You have it easy stateside.

Comment

Well, I'll tell ya what we should do... sticky this post until January 1st.

I'll betcha gas prices at the pump will have risen at least $.50 by then. As a matter of fact, I'll bet a creme Dimarzio Super Distortion on it... The national average is $2.384 taken from here: ttp://www.fuelgaugereport.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X