Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spike Lee's Katrina MOVIE..oh my hell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yard dawg
    He could have called the govenor of Louisana too. Bush is a moron but he isnt the only one who made mistakes during that hurricane. Lets pass the blame around is all im saying. Black people in NO arent the only victims of Katrina. Bush dont care about the poor ? Neither do about 90% of the democrats. black and white.
    All I'm saying is that there's a reason they call it FEMA. It's because this stuff is so far over the head of city officials. I live in a decent sized city and our mayor is concerned with such petty stuff that this would literally make his head explode.

Plus, the people at LSU did a study and they predicted this would happen, that the levees wouldn't hold, and even the representatives knew it. The problem is, that city could only be saved by a billion dollar investment on the levees, and it never happened. They were asking for federal help.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666

I think this is how you do it..I wished we had more black dudes here. So you could see how this shit works..
      No doubt. There is another board I post on and we have the best discussions on race... No one gets offended but we have Moslems to Black Christians asians Jews Hindi Indians everything there and no one gets offended everyone can laugh and see each others points.
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo
        No doubt. There is another board I post on and we have the best discussions on race... No one gets offended but we have Moslems to Black Christians asians Jews Hindi Indians everything there and no one gets offended everyone can laugh and see each others points.
        Exactly..we are mostly white here..things get more "uptight" amoung ourselves..that's a big NO SHIT!!

Let me tell you something..if there were more "brothers" here..we'd be rolling..period!!

I know this!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No question about that at all. One of my best friends he would be in line for reprirations as his family line is easily traced to slave ownership but the idea is just laughable to him. Just being able to talk about it though with people who are level headed and have a better perspective is a good time. Here with a similar sampling of america (mostly white males in their 30's and 40's) it is tense because no one can speak for other groups and give perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas
            All I'm saying is that there's a reason they call it FEMA. It's because this stuff is so far over the head of city officials. I live in a decent sized city and our mayor is concerned with such petty stuff that this would literally make his head explode.

Plus, the people at LSU did a study and they predicted this would happen, that the levees wouldn't hold, and even the representatives knew it. The problem is, that city could only be saved by a billion dollar investment on the levees, and it never happened. They were asking for federal help.

Are you saying that the state of lousiana couldnt raise a billion dollars? Its not the feds job to pay for levees. louisana could have taken care of it. FEMAs job is to help with food and stuff like that. Its the polices job to secure the place. The thugs there looted guns and went on a rampage. Alot of local cops quit because of it. The govenor could have called in the national guard sooner. FEMA dont carry guns. The thugs could have helped out a little more too instead of terrorizing the place. Now that the mess is over people want to throw the race card out rather than help out with clean up. How many refugees did spike take in? What about sharpton? Its time to clean it up and stop the blame game.

Comment

This is on HBO right now

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/whe...ategory6_show0

Is there a race card being played in this documentary? I know Spike does do that but is that so in this case it being a documentary? Kinda like Oliver Stone not making any statement with WTC? Spike isn't anywhere as bad as Jesse Jackson (even his son says he is over the top) or Sharpton and it is possible that Spike is just making a documentary on this I have no idea though.

Comment

I was just thinkin' while on the shitter..that's where I do my best thinkin'..

You know..

Guys like Al Sharpton, Jesse, Farakon, and ect..need to justify their roles, jobs and extistence..

Their sole purpose is so self serving it's nuts..

"Reverends"..on a soapbox..these guys have Charisma..that's what makes it work..

I have Charisma..I got that..my soapbox is to kick their soapbox and laugh..while they try to keep a straight face..

You know, I should bring this to a much higher scale. I could make a good living..I know I could..I'm just too lazy..

So I'll just keep my soapbox on the JCF..for now.

Keep talkin..I like to hear more what Rich and Newc have to say..or anyone with family , friends there that were balls deep in that mess..

To tell you the truth I watched a total of 15 minutes of this ordeal on TV..I don't watch TV 'cept for South Park..I get most of my news thru you guys..

Bill

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ya know, I look at it as a prime example of how you should not rely on your Government for anything. When the order was given to evacuate, get the hell out. You don't fuck around with a Hurricane like that. I hear a lot of "They were too poor to get out" but I sure as hell see a lot of cars in those flood videos.

BTW, there were a lot of resources offered to the mayor of New Orleans to get a lot of those people out and he refused them all.

Yes Bush was late getting Fema in there, but Fema can run on it's own. Also, you sure as hell did't hear much about the rescue Choppers having to abort missions in there after FUCKIN BEING SHOT AT. Yes George was late getting the National Guard in there, but the Governor could have sent them in.

Comment

I suspect a counter movie by the right on Katrina..it's crunch time for elections..

if this movie makes a wave as big a Katrina I would think so..

we will see..

Bye..I got the house all to myself..My Wife and Kid is at Cedar Point..I'm not blowin' this day..peace and quiet!!

Bill

Comment

You know..

Guys like Al Sharpton, Jesse, Farakon, and ect..need to justify their roles, jobs and extistence..

"Reverends"..on a soapbox..these guys have Charisma..that's what makes it work..

I have Charisma..I got that..my soapbox is to kick their soapbox and laugh..while they try to keep a straight face..

You know, I should bring this to a much higher scale. I could make a good living..I know I could..I'm just too lazy..

Keep talkin..I like to hear more what Rich and Newc have to say..or anyone with family , friends there that were balls deep in that mess..

To tell you the truth I watched a total of 15 minutes of this ordeal on TV..I don't watch TV 'cept for South Park..I get most of my news thru you guys..

Bill
                      Undoubtedly true. Jackson and Sharpton want power so they go after any cause to stay in the limelight.

Comment

You know..

Bill

You should write a book about your experiences on the street good bad or ugly. I bet it would be theroputic. I bet it would be very imformative as to whats really going on as apposed to what the regular news is saying

Comment

Good Lord, you are clueless, so I am going to address each of these misguided points one by one.

Are you saying that the state of lousiana couldnt raise a billion dollars?
                          Lousiana is one of the poorest states in the union. Yes, Louisiana cannot raise a billion dollars for this. Louisiana can't even pay their own civil servants and school teachers.

Its not the feds job to pay for levees. louisana could have taken care of it.
                          Wrong. It IS the Feds job to pay for Levees. The Army Corps of Engineers designed the Levee Protection System and it was implemented with federal dollars. New Orleans is the nation's most important port, which is why the FEDS are so interested in protecting the city.

The thugs there looted guns and went on a rampage. Alot of local cops quit because of it.
                          Alot of local cops were criminals themselves who do their fair share of looting, even helping themselves to new cars. Alot of them were honest and overwhelmed. Alot of them lost their homes and didn't know what happened to their families and loved ones. Alot of them buckled under the stress of having to contain a war zone with a medium sized police force.

The govenor could have called in the national guard sooner.
                          The Governor asked for the guard and other troops very early on. The Feds wanted her to assign the State's Sovereignty to the Feds, which she would not do. This was a condition for troops. The feds held up the National Guard, not the Governor.

FEMA dont carry guns. The thugs could have helped out a little more too instead of terrorizing the place.
                          Helped out? When do thugs ever "help out". Don't be so fucking naive. FEMA don't carry guns, true. But FEMA was nowhere to be found when all of this shit was going down. There weren't in town. The military carries guns and should have been deployed on Monday. Again, see above.

Now that the mess is over
                          The mess ISN'T OVER. People are all, "I'm sick of New Orleans and 9/11...this stuff is played out...". Played out to YOU. New Orleans is still crippled. It is just that people want to pretend it is all fixed and happy again. Well, its not..New Orleans is totally fucked up to this day, and little has been done.

people want to throw the race card out rather than help out with clean up. How many refugees did spike take in? What about sharpton? Its time to clean it up and stop the blame game.
                          Good point. But only those with an agenda in the black community want to use the race card. Most people down here just want normalcy again.
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

^ BTW excellent point about how the "Mess" is over. What? It isn't even close. Some of the comerece areas are cleaned up but well what we far away don't see hmmm it simply doesn't exist. We are a week away from the one year anniversary and yet people are sick of it. A small tear runs down my face like that indian's.

Comment

does he mention the violent crime rate in Houston going up because of all the folks who fled Katrina and moved to Houston???????

Also I understand the political elements assiciated with Katrina but I really doubt it (outcome) would have mattered who was in office...Republicans & Democrats collectively could fuck up a wet dream......politics suck
                              Last edited by Shawn Lutz; 08-22-2006, 12:37 PM.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz
                                does he mention the violent crime rate in Houston going up because of all the folks who fled Katrina and moved to Houston???????
                                Oh I totally believe this but I am wondering if you have any documentation on this or an article?

Comment

Working...
                                X