No announcement yet.

To those who hate Nirvana...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it's no surprise that the vast majority of Jackson/Charvel people are between the ages of 33-42. Heh.

That has 80s written all over it.

Comment

We're a bunch of old farts.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I like the whole 80's thing because it was fun.
        I like songs wich sound happy, I like guitar solos, I like great stage presence, I like hot chicks and groupies, I like songs about fucking groupies.

90's sucked for me because it was the time of teenage angst.
        I don't like whining, I don't like somone else's problems.

After the 80's there are no more real rockstars. The bands are faceless, "rockstars" don't look like rockstars, they look like dorks from high school.

And the worst thing, Grunge KILLED THE GROUPIE CULT!!!
        Grunge bands said that they don't want groupies, Courtney Love said that girls don't fuck all the men, play guitar instead (bazillions of sloppy girls bands came after that)
        I'm mean are they fags??? What kind of a man doesn't want to fuck all those babes??

You don't want no groupies, you ain't a real rockstar
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

*Ahem*
          I'm 20 and I still play my Charvel...
          But then again I can't say I represent the "vast majority" either.
          Most people claiming they do are usually self-rightious pricks anyway..
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Um, what Courtney Love SAID and what Courtney Love DID are two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
              I like the whole 80's thing because it was fun.
              I like songs wich sound happy, I like guitar solos, I like great stage presence, I like hot chicks and groupies, I like songs about fucking groupies.

90's sucked for me because it was the time of teenage angst.
              I don't like whining, I don't like somone else's problems.

After the 80's there are no more real rockstars. The bands are faceless, "rockstars" don't look like rockstars, they look like dorks from high school.

And the worst thing, Grunge KILLED THE GROUPIE CULT!!!
              Grunge bands said that they don't want groupies, Courtney Love said that girls don't fuck all the men, play guitar instead (bazillions of sloppy girls bands came after that)
              I'm mean are they fags??? What kind of a man doesn't want to fuck all those babes??

You don't want no groupies, you ain't a real rockstar
              Couldn't have said it better myself.
              I miss 80's rocker chick groupies!!!
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Adam

This is what killed 80's metal. Fags more worried about how they looked then what they played. Is this some kind of Crue/Ozzy hybrid tribute band? And WTF is wrong with the dude on the right? Looks like he is trolling for schlong. Nice pants choad.

I am 36 and dug Nirvana when they came out and still listen to Nevermind on occassion. Cobain may have been sloppy (no worse than Page) but at least they did something creative and original. All that hair crap was a retread of the same tired shit.
                "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

36, 37 on the 31st! Woohoo!

I don't hate Nirvana, but you can put me in the "what's the big deal" catagory as well...

On another note...80's metal and solos aren't dead, they're just in hiding and waiting for the right moment to strike and be king again!

Comment

36... Best note Cobain ever made was "Bang"

Note :: This is my attempt at trying to make a funny at the whole grunge scene and how much I wish it would end.
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by mwm70
                      I am 36 and dug Nirvana when they came out and still listen to Nevermind on occassion. Cobain may have been sloppy (no worse than Page) but at least they did something creative and original. All that hair crap was a retread of the same tired shit.
                      You're comparing Cobain to Page.
                      Blasphamy!!!

Cobain sucked worse at playing guitar than my 3 year old.

The best thing Cobain ever did was stop playing... and I personaly approve of the method he used to quit.

I personaly like Weird Al's version of SLTS. At least it was entertaining.
                      Last edited by rjohnstone; 08-21-2006, 03:11 PM.
                      -Rick

Comment

34. hated turdvana from day one.

Comment

Jimmy Page is the greatest riff writer in the history mwm70. Have you ever listened to Zep's records? Some of the most diverse and dynamical music ever made. And Jimmy played some awsome solos too.

Same tired shit? Wich band sounded like Zeppelin?
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

A guy I know once said:
                            Led Zeppelin are the greatest band ever, all other should be shot! Period.

And he was dead serious too..
                            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

43 here
                              Anybody remember when they came out on SNL? They were wearing dresses and they were kissing each other after they got done playing. That kinda did it for me.
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Dresses, spandex, what's the difference? I mean, I used to think Rob Halford was a tough guy because he wore studs and leather. I had no idea he just wanted to spank boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X