To those who hate Nirvana...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by horns666
    I love Type O Negative..well I used to alot more..

I break out Bloody Kisses every Halloween, the weather in Ohio KILLS in the fall..and that's got a cool vibe.

back of their cover..is

"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"

hmmm..That actually don't make sense..not in their favor.
    Did you hear Pete Steele is getting Carnivore
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

• ....back together for a tour. Good stuff. Sorry for the double post, thumb slipped.
      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

• Carnivore ..really..Yeah I got both their cds..but nobody ever mentions them really..only when the topic of Type O comes up..that's weird ..but cool..

cool..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by drockilles
          Sorry for the double post, thumb slipped.
          You know you can edit the original post, right?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• 35 and WORD!
            "Nirvana Blows"

They started the anti metal phase IMO!

Comment

• Let me drop some medicine on you, and then I'm out. What killed the guitar solo ironically, was the electric guitar itself. The bar had been set so ridiculously high by the freaks of nature that came out during the '80's, that there were tons of people out there who could not play sweeps, and arpeggios, and 4 million "notes per millimillenium seconds", etc. and they sounded like like shit. Let's not forget that there were a lot of people who could play those kind of guitar parts and it turned into a freakin' karate battle instead of writing killer songs(a la Jimmy fukkin' page baby!!!!) along with great sounding hooks, and who has the highest hair , and next thing you know, you're watching t.v., Warrant comes on, you want to throw it out the window, or at least shatter the screen in some way because if you heard "Heaven"(pansy tune , you already knew that) one more time, you would turn to hard street crime to just make it stop. So in walks Nirvana, the kids have a new idol to worship(shoddy choice as well)and it's all of a sudden cool to have the "my father bones me with a pancake spatula nightly" look on your face, and everyone is miserable. I think everyone took it a bit too seriously, becasue I was not that bummed out. Not being able to to hear Firehouse is a good thing. The music died for good when Dave left the band, and rock and roll has needed a shot in the arm for a long, long time now.
              Bender weekend coming up.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• double the post headaches the most. I forgot, I'm 19 years old.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
                  double the post headaches the most. I forgot, I'm 19 years old.
                  He is..he's just a kid..Tommy The Kid..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• there was a cool interview with Richie Kotzen,

check it out

LINK

It's pretty hilarious what he says about Poison
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik
                      there was a cool interview with Richie Kotzen,

check it out

LINK

It's pretty hilarious what he says about Poison
                      This shit is priceless:

Well when I was in Poison I was the only one making any music so yes I fit musically. I’m not really sure if those guys even played on their own records before I got there, I know C.C. did. I know I played the bass on a few songs on native tongue. When I went on tour with them did I fit musically? Fuck no. I think if Rikki could have counted to four without getting confused it would have been easier to fit in.

It was nothing personal ... I think my mind was starting to rot away....g, c, d, over and fucking over - AHHHHHHH... The best thing about being in Poison was fucking... A lot of fucking.... I couldn’t stop fucking... At first it was fun but then I started to get so weak. At one point I was worried about my health... I’m so much better off now.
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

• Originally posted by MBreinin
                        This shit is priceless:

Well when I was in Poison I was the only one making any music so yes I fit musically. I’m not really sure if those guys even played on their own records before I got there, I know C.C. did. I know I played the bass on a few songs on native tongue. When I went on tour with them did I fit musically? Fuck no. I think if Rikki could have counted to four without getting confused it would have been easier to fit in.

It was nothing personal ... I think my mind was starting to rot away....g, c, d, over and fucking over - AHHHHHHH... The best thing about being in Poison was fucking... A lot of fucking.... I couldn’t stop fucking... At first it was fun but then I started to get so weak. At one point I was worried about my health... I’m so much better off now.
                        :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                        funniest shit I've seen in weeks.

good LOL on a Friday!
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

• That was funny..My friend played with Kotzen / Howe for a while in PA..he didn't like the three times a week hikes tho ..so he bailed.

They came out in the same Varney's spotlight column in GP..he was right next to Kotzen..Frank Gambale or Satch was on the cover..sept '88 I think.

Comment

• There was a short nirvana video on mtv today,the vma preview weekend thingy.And I could get a 10 times better guitar tone with a Digitech RP80.It was that awful.
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                            X