Clear All

• To those who hate Nirvana...

...How old are you? I'm curious.

36... and Nirvana blows.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
      ...How old are you? I'm curious.
      42. I never really liked their music. I am a fan of Foo Fighters though.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

37 and never liked them
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

When I saw that video for SLTS in, what, 1992...I knew it was over. I also hate Pearl Jam and most of that movement..although I liked Temple of the Dog and I love Alice In Chains. However, I don't group AIC in with the grunge guys. Never was a big Soundgarden fan either.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

33, but for me hate's too strong a word - put me down in the "2 good songs but can't see what all the fuss was about" category....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

"I think Kurt Cobain made the whole Grunge thing because he was sick of hearing all the Def Leppard type of music" - Joe Elliot

I'll take Def Leppard please
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

30. I remember that a local channel played a lot of videos of then-unknown bands, and they had the SLTS video airing months before radio picked up the single around here. My cousin got the Nevermind album when it came out, and I just didn't understand the hype. Of all the Seattle bands, Nirvana was the only one I truly disliked. Pearl Jam had a couple good songs, Soundgarden had several (I liked the pre-Badmotorfinger albums best), and Alice in Chains remains a favorite of mine. Mother Love Bone had some good tunes too.
                sigpic

Comment

22 here..
                  Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                  The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Kurt Cobain single-handedly killed our precious 80's metal. Heh, thanks a lot Kurt, you jerk
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

23 and I live in Seattle.

Comment

32. i think they sucked and blew at the same time. i hated hair metal too, so i didn't mind them killing that.....but to get all the praise they did for not being all that great really bugged me. my band had a hard time gigging for a few years because of the nirvana thing!!
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                          When I saw that video for SLTS in, what, 1992...I knew it was over.
                          When you say "it," do you mean:

?

And if so, don't you think that music had sort of run it's course by 1992?

Comment

nope, Kurt didn't killed the 80's metal, Warrand or Poison didn't killed metal,

MTV did, MTV decided that they needed a change, and all the people followed everything that MTV did.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                              nope, Kurt didn't killed the 80's metal, Warrand or Poison didn't killed metal,

MTV did, MTV decided that they needed a change, and all the people followed everything that MTV did.
                              +1
                              MTV killed the guitar solo.
                              People are sheep.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X