No announcement yet.

I'm on happy pills...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must have given my liver a shock or two in the past. I'm talking 6 -8 Tylenol in one pop. Not often of course, just in an emergency.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL
      Hydrocodone is vicodin.
      Yeah, my bad, I meant to say oxycontin. Got the # of syllables right but that was all!

Bill, I don't know if they make black mollies anymore, but they were a potent speed used for weight loss. I think they'd probably suck for someone with a lot of chronic and acute pain, but who knows?

Back in the day, docs on the Mississippi coast wouldn't prescribe them, but you could drive to Slidell, Louisiana, about 45 minutes away, and see a Dr. Feelgood. You could go to one doc and say you needed to lose weight, and they'd write a scrip for black mollies. Then you'd get jacked on the speed and go see another doc, tell him you're sprung and get tranquilizers - in those days Seconals, Quaaludes and Valium in strong doses were common. We'd get gakked on Gallo or Spanada red wine and uppers for a couple days, then when the speed wouldn't work anymore we'd take some downers so we could go right to sleep. Or, we'd get some weed, wine and Quaaludes, hook up with a chick and have some flexy sex with no inhibitions. Ah, the mid-late 70s were pretty fucking cool!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
        I must have given my liver a shock or two in the past. I'm talking 6 -8 Tylenol in one pop. Not often of course, just in an emergency.
        Dude, if you take that dose and have more than 3 drinks that day, you are killing your liver fast! When your liver dies, you will have to IMMEDIATELY quit drinking, or pretty much IMMEDIATELY DIE. You should switch to aspirin even if it makes you bleed. Bleeding is better than losing your liver.

If you've gotten away with it for awhile, it's like dancing on the freeway at rush hour. The longer you've gotten away with it, the sooner your number's coming up. When your liver goes it's downhill very fast. Please, find another painkiller to take man! It's not funny at all to watch someone die of liver disease.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

What if I just have 3?

Comment

The 3 drink thing is IF you don't exceed the recommended daily dose. I would say if you've been overdoing both up til now, and assuming you're not willing to quit drinking, you should quyit the Tylenol completely. You probably already have liver damage, and the figures they quote are for someone with a healthy liver. You are probably past that point already.

Like me, with my heart disease - I can'tr eat eggs at all anymore. Now several eggs per week is okay for someone in normal health, but because I've got a diseased heart, I've used my lifetime egg quota. NO more allowed.

I mean you can do what you want. I did, and my health totally hit the wall when I turned 40. That may not happen to you, but it happens to more people than it doesn't. I'd rather not see you go through it, it sucks.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

i took 22 vicodins one day and I was still dope sick as can be. they were 750's as well. that's another headache story though and I'm off headaches for the summer, and hopefully much longer than that-lol
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
                i took 22 vicodins one day and I was still dope sick as can be. they were 750's as well. that's another headache story though and I'm off headaches for the summer, and hopefully much longer than that-lol
                I took 8 Vics today the 500s..I took four the first dose..then two and two spread thru 16/17 hours..I try never to exceed that...I don't drink..a lil' weed tho..

I won't do that everyday..just on those "Oh godamm WTF my ass days!!!"..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh my doc won't give me Oxycontins..I may as well ask for crack..they are very touchy about scribing those out..

I'm kinda glad to be honest..because I love them..and I KNOW I will eat the hell out of them..so it's good that I don't get them..

They really help..but they really make feel TOO good..
                  Last edited by horns666; 07-26-2006, 03:03 AM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
                    The 3 drink thing is IF you don't exceed the recommended daily dose. I would say if you've been overdoing both up til now, and assuming you're not willing to quit drinking, you should quyit the Tylenol completely. You probably already have liver damage, and the figures they quote are for someone with a healthy liver. You are probably past that point already.

Like me, with my heart disease - I can'tr eat eggs at all anymore. Now several eggs per week is okay for someone in normal health, but because I've got a diseased heart, I've used my lifetime egg quota. NO more allowed.

I mean you can do what you want. I did, and my health totally hit the wall when I turned 40. That may not happen to you, but it happens to more people than it doesn't. I'd rather not see you go through it, it sucks.
                    No, I meant 3 Tylenols, or should I just take Ibuprofen instead?

I don't drink to excess very often. In fact, I usually have a beer a night, except for thursdays when I have 4 or 5. I'm a cheap date.

Comment

How can you tell if you have liver damage anyway?

Comment

A blood test will tell, I think. Ibuprofen you have to be careful to not take too much either. It was recently said that overdose of Ibuprofen increases risk of heart attack as much as Vioxx, which was pulled from the market.

Like I said, as far as I know the only ill effects of aspirin is that it causes bleeding and dehydration. Compared to heart attack and liver damage, a little bleeding is the lesser evil. I have blood in my shit all the time but the blood tests assure me it's not cancer, so it's inconvenient and sometimes painful, but not life-threatening.

See, for me, eventually with all the meds I take, they will overload my liver anyway. I just don't want to hasten the day. I don't mean to seem preachy about it, I just hate to see others ruin their health the way I have.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I don't think you being preachy Lerx, you're just a good guy!!

Comment

lerx is the stuff you wanna take. seriously. he's the the lerx-cat
                            friend to all and filled with knowledge.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
                              lerx is the stuff you wanna take. seriously. he's the the lerx-cat
                              friend to all and filled with knowledge.
                              +1000

you too Tommy

Me Too...well friend to the cool anywhoo..

Comment

Working...
                              X