Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on happy pills...

..but they ain't makin' me very happy.

My doc put me on Paxil and I've been taking them for 5 days so far. The pharmacist said I might experience nausea, and if I did I should have something to eat. The thing is, the pills take away my appetite. On top of that, they aren't making me feel any better than I did before. In fact, all they do is make me feel unfocused.

Anyone ever take this junk?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I did prozac for a while....Maybe 6 months. I think it took a couple weeks for them to hit. They actually were good at first....then they kind of wore off so she put me on more. I then noticed that they made me unfocused too. Then I realized that I was just in a streesful period of my life (new house---streeful job--new kid----high maintenance wife ( )) so I went off them and just decided to be a miserable prick within limits and try not to have things get me down or pissed off. It works for the most part but I still drink alot which sometimes I think makes you depressed and on edge....anyway Zeegs good luck

Comment

I am not even going there. I am probably a bi-polar bear. Thank God, I only have to deal with myself. And you guys, but that keeps me sane. Zeeg, that's a big step into pharmaland. I hope it works for you. Oh. yea. I drink lots of beer and that's a depressant. I think I'm depressing my depression. At least, beer is a food.
      Last edited by fett; 07-19-2006, 06:48 PM.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Unless your bipolar, I would stay FAR away from stuff like that. I get in ruts too... everyone does. But when you pull yourself out and realize that you did it yourself, I think it helps you more than any medicine could. Good luck with it, if you REALLY think you need them, then give them about two weeks. If not, throw 'em in the trash!
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
          Unless your bipolar, I would stay FAR away from stuff like that. I get in ruts too... everyone does. But when you pull yourself out and realize that you did it yourself, I think it helps you more than any medicine could. Good luck with it, if you REALLY think you need them, then give them about two weeks. If not, throw 'em in the trash!
          I know what you're saying, and trust me, I'm the last person who would ever think I would have to go on anti-depressants. It's not just being in a rut in this case though. I have no good reason to be depressed, and I'll be fine one minute, and then a tidal wave of misery washes over me in seconds. It's fucked up. I tried ignoring it, fighting it, everything. Finally my wife talked me into seeing my doc. Maybe I need to smoke more weed.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Zeeg, I'm almost 56. And I have gone through more personal heartache and shit than you can imagine. Ups and downs are normal. Thinking bad things is normal. Being sad sometimes is normal. I think these types of drugs will put you in a state where it doesn't matter because your brain is being blocked out of these emotions. Sounds like a Zombie to me. And,I know that's not you.

Comment

that happened to me a while back. I made my usual deprecating jokes about being a loser in a funk and full expected to bounce back after a couple of days. It was a pretty normal occurrence, so I thought I knew what to expect and how to handle it. A brief bout of melancholia, and then back to normal. But after a while it become apparent that this was no ordinary rut and I wasn't able to just ride it out.

After several months, I saw my GP, we spoke at length and it seemed to him that I had been working my way out of it, so decided not to prescribe drugs to deal with it. I kind of wish now that he had, if there was any chance it would've got me back on track faster.

So after a miserable 4 years for my wife & kids, after becoming a recluse and shutting out just about all social contact (under the justification that I was doing it to prevent me from dragging those I care about down into my mire), after quitting playing music or sport with others (so that I wouldn't disappoint those relying on me when I inexplicably failed to show up, as was my wont), and after driving myself crazy with my self-analysis(yea, yea, I think too much), I managed to get my head pretty much right again. What was most frustrating I guess was that logic told me I had nothing to be miserable about - compared to a lot of folks on this ball of rock, I'm living a pretty privileged existence. Logic didn't make me feel any better though.

I now have very few friends, I rarely go anywhere socially, and I don't really care to. I'm amazed that throught it all I managed to keep my job! I'm not a miserable fuck who won't talk to a stranger, quite the opposite actually. But all relationships are transient to me now, and I'll have a nice time with someone now fully expecting that I'll never see the person again in my life. Even my workmates, etc. It took a while, and it was a shit of a time, but I found by not giving a fuck about anyone else (save my immediate family), I'm a much happier G. I don't know if any of the long-timers here noticed the change in me this last 12 months. It's good to be (mostly) happy again.

zeegs, I hope the drugs take effect soon and help you back onto your feet. And talk about what's bothering you, even if it seems irrational or unimportant. Exorcise your demons. Lighten your load. All that fluffy stuff. Good luck, man. With the support of your family, you'll beat this fucker on the head.
              Last edited by VitaminG; 07-19-2006, 08:05 PM.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I just took a "VitaminG". That's what I was trying to say.

Comment

Zeegs,
                  Come down to the BCB and i'll have you smiling wide as a motherfukker.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Where is Black Crows Beach anyway? I am in!!

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
                      Where is Black Crows Beach anyway?
                      That's Tommy's nickname for here: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57349
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A fatty a day keeps me......shit what was I gona say oh yea HAPPY.

Comment

So Huntington Beach is Black Crows Beach then?

You wanna know about AD meds, Bill has been on them all. He'll give you an experienced play by play on them all.

Comment

http://opposingdigits.com/vlog/?p=461

100% truth. Its all fact.

Something to consider when considering pshyciatry/pshyciatric medication.

....But I'm still seeing my shrink friday. First time in years.
                            I can't take it anymore. I'm also getting married.

Comment

I took effexor for almost two years. I got laid off ,lost insurance, and could not afford it any longer. Coming down sucked, my brain felt like it actually was shivering in my skull. I will also shoot you straight and let you know the term retarded ejaculation although sounding funny is not a term you want to associate with a medication you are on. The stuff generally doesnt keep you from swinging the bat, but all the swings seem to come up short of the fence if you get my drift. GG is 100% correct and I am very much like he is. I have a few friends, I am social in the work place, and I go out from time to time. I am also quite content to be totally alone with no contact at all. I make time for my family and we have fun with one another. But as far as letting people, situations, or circumstances get to me I just blow it all off. I have started riding a bike lately to get a work out and it has done wonders. In short weigh your options and think of the long term.

Comment

Working...
                              X