No announcement yet.

Any WW 2 buffs out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhh....and Fett, if I must add.....(I must I must).....out of your 3800 posts in two years should we go back and count all of your frivilous posts???
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I used to work at Boeing and I was a volunteer at the Museum of Flight. I worked on the B-29 restoration crew. That is a great museum and it got a big boost when they moved the Champlin Fighter Museum up there. I was really sorry to see it leave AZ, but I think it is a great compliment to the collection up there. I haven't seen the two combined, but I plan to next time I am up in Seattle!

Comment

yeah they have an sr-71 in omaha at The SAC museum. got to see a P-38 for the first time 2 years ago at the air show there. it was freaking awesome. beautiful plane.

Comment

For those of you who live more in the past (history buffs) here's a cool deal. You can actually join up with these folks and reenact all the WWII stuff.
          http://ww2reenactors.proboards35.com/index.cgi

Now for those of us who are interested in our present and future, and the well being of our children.................

I have a very serious question.....why are so many folks more interested in the past (things we can't change), as opposed to the present and future (things we can change). I know the first argument will be that we can learn from the past to make the future better. Ummm....ok........so who is actually going to do this "learning"?
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

why are so many folks more interested in the past (things we can't change)
            One of my favorite sayings, and this sums it up for me. Those that fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat the past.

I'm not saying live in the past, just to learn from the past.

Comment

I trust I'm not going to post a frivol here, but to have any real clue about what's happening now, you have to have a sense of history. It's all been done before in different times; different people and different cicumstances. As an indivdual, I am interested in my family history. It made me what I am today. As a member of this society and part of this world, I want to know the history that has led up to the current state of affairs. If this whole frigging place blows up, at least I'll partially know the reason why.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
              X