Any WW 2 buffs out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any WW 2 buffs out there?

This is a great set http://cgi.ebay.com/Warbirds-of-Worl...QQcmdZViewItem I'm sure. My problem is, I just bought one just like at an estate sale still sealed. Should I flip it on the Bay or open it and watch it.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Watch It!
    I think they showed the same set on the History Channel awhile back.
    I love all WWII shows.

Comment

man i love these shows. The P-38 is by far my favorite plane of all time. the fork tailed devil.

Comment

You ought to come to Seattle and see the "Flight Museum". They got P everythings. WW 1; 2 and almost 3. I even got to go through an SST. Reminded me a lot of my '66 Mustang Fastback. And that big black Blackbird, super-duperest best looking plane ever.
        Last edited by fett; 04-29-2006, 03:45 PM.

Comment

That was a great freakin price. WWII history is the shit.

Comment

That's the problem!!! I paid like a $1.50 for. This old fart died and left all kinds of unopened war sets and you name it sets. I just opened a director's cut, letter box John Wayne's "The Alamo". And it is just tits!!! I have an unopened 4 set of "Semper Fi. The Story of the U.S Marine Corps From WW2 to Korea" God!!! VHS rules.
            Last edited by fett; 04-29-2006, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I thought these were models at first until VHS flashed registered.

Yeah.. I used to spend alot of time watching Wings on the history channel and the aviation war documentaries. My favs were the WW1 guys.. iron, wood, guns and guts thousands of feet in the air. Plus, they were for the most part a chivilarous lot too.

Comment

I'm not a WW2 buff or anything like that, but here's a cool story for ya. My friend (whole family came from Poland and to the US about 18 years ago) moved to the upper west side a few years ago. When he was unpacking his stuff, he found an old chest that belonged to his grandfather. Inside that chest he found his grandfather's army uniform, battle plans, maps, medals and other WW2 related items in great shape! I think since then it's been put back with the rest of his family's stuff, but I told him it would be great to donate it or do something cool with it. I don't know what came of it, but I would bet it's still sitting with the rest of his stuff

Comment

It is the "Museum of Flight". They have a whole WW I section. They have a skinned biplane there. It's a lot like a soap-box derby car. Those guys had BRASS BALLS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
                    I'm not a WW2 buff or anything like that, but here's a cool story for ya. My friend (whole family came from Poland and to the US about 18 years ago) moved to the upper west side a few years ago. When he was unpacking his stuff, he found an old chest that belonged to his grandfather. Inside that chest he found his grandfather's army uniform, battle plans, maps, medals and other WW2 related items in great shape! I think since then it's been put back with the rest of his family's stuff, but I told him it would be great to donate it or do something cool with it. I don't know what came of it, but I would bet it's still sitting with the rest of his stuff
                    If they were Polish Army WWII memorabilia they'd be QUITE rare, since the Polish Army lasted about 2-4 weeks into the war. If he was in the Polish exiles units of the British Army, that's be another story, still rare.

Really horrific the way the Polish military were treated then, especially those who fell into Soviet hands! They made the Nazis look like girl scouts...
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Really? I had no clue. History isn't my strong point, but yah, he's got that stuff locked away. Maybe I should ask his parents if they know anything about that stuff and the history behind it. If I get an answer, I'll try to post it here with some pics of the stuff if anyone is interested

Comment

Where in Seattle is the "Flight Museum"?
                        My Daughter goes to "Seattle University".
                        Next time I vist I'll make it a point to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by finnman
                          Where in Seattle is the "Flight Museum"?
                          My Daughter goes to "Seattle University".
                          Next time I vist I'll make it a point to check it out.
                          It's a little south of Seattle at Boeing Field. You can't miss it and don't!!!!. It is the best flight museum I have seen, and I saw the one in San Diego. "Up and away, Junior Birdmen,"

Comment

ok,I drive past Boeing field from SEA to the city.

Comment

"Really horrific the way the Polish military were treated then, especially those who fell into Soviet hands! They made the Nazis look like girl scouts..."

my Father is from that area..which was Germany at the time but it was on the very Eastern front by the Baltic Sea which is Poland now. When the Soviets overan that portion of the front.. they were ruthless given Hitlers orders of slash n burn everything during the retreat of the Eastern front.
                              We're talking take no prisoners here...it wasn't just the military that was brutilized..rape, plunder and kill was the red rule.

Comment

Working...
                              X