• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so...I grew a huge pair...

Not me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

>>posted March 30, 2004 04:59 PM Rory should wear a KQRS shirt or a Bush/Cheney shirt for all future dealings with this band.
      See how fast he gets the gig then.<<

TOO FUNNY!...i'd bet Shannon...the dancing chick with the grinder...would chase me with said grinder!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Fr0sty...i'm in the twin cities..mnpls...and i'll pass along the "Kerry licks Bush" to Shannon...it may end up emblazoned across her half-nekkid body. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      you ever get over here to mnpls?Charvelguy is here as well...guess there are a few others too...
      you should come see the show!
      Rory

Comment

Originally posted by EVHwannabe:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> It really is funny watching so many "true" christians' real colors shine through. My shirt doesn't show any sort of disrespect to their beliefs, it just has a blunt phrase on it, that is totally meant to get a rise out of them. IT works really well too. It's pretty much been the people I expected to be judgemental as well. I am finally devoloping a good eye for those people with ignorant beliefs.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1) It's interesting that you complain about the very thing you were trying to create (attention). Maybe next you should wear your "beat your wife today" shirt to a women's convention and then complain when you get funny looks...you might call those women ignorant as well for not completely ignoring you (oh wait, that wouldn't provide the attention you want);

2) Part of the "true colors" of Christianity is being concerned about the well being of your fellow man... and I would think smoking crack and worshiping satan would cause someone to be concerned about your well being.

3) Just as you should not judge all middle aged white guys based on my behavior (most of them wouldn't be happy with that!), I'd prefer you not judge all of us based on the few Christians you encountered today (giving you your un-desired, no wait, desired, no wait undesired attention).

4) I always find it amusing that people label beliefs they don't share as "ignorant". Just because you don't share my beliefs doesn't make them ignorant, nor does it make your beliefs ignorant. More and more people these days are claiming to be tolerant, but in reality are quite intolerent of those who don't share their "anything goes" beliefs. Sort of ironic.

Not trying to be mean or nasty, just throwing in my 2 cents. I'm just one of 6 billion, so hey, most of the world probably disagrees with me....
        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">who ever said I didn't want the attention? IT was like a sociology experiment. I knew what I was getting into. REad the other posts...I wasn't judging anybody. I don't have a beat your wife shirt. The people who confronted me (negatively) today were not doing so for MY well being. Rather for their own. That much was obvious. I didn't say anything about anybody being ignorant? Where do you get all this information?

you obviously read into things alot more differently than how I meant for them to be interpretted.

Basically all I was doing was trying to get a feel of how the people I'm surrounded in my everday life would react to something....it was no big deal..some people overreacted, most people ..as the day went on, just figured, "oh, there's Kyle..with his crazy ass shirt." And everythign was fine. Some people gave me a hard time about it, just because they like to tease me...and do so on an everday basis, that I didn't have a problem with either. I really didn't have a problem at all. I was just sighting my findings here because I thought it was interesting.

Comment

The whole shirt thing is pretty funny. I've been almost assaulted by someone for wearing a Zyklon T-shirt (They're an extreme metal band from Norway, in case your wondering.) The guy said to me "You do know what that means, right? Zyklon is what the jews were killed with" and I informed him that the gas he was thinking of was called "Zyklon-B" and he told me I was wrong and said I should be ashamed of myself for wearing a shirt that promoted the killing of Jews...

Another great story I have is that I play bass in a death metal band called Evangelist and I was told by someone who was a 'christian' that I should change the name of the band because they found it disrespectful of their religion.

Originally posted by chopper45hd:
          funny how society veiws things like this, i have worn shirts with iron crosses on them for many yrs,carry an iron cross keychain i made back in high school and took alot of flack for it. jessie james becomes popular and now its cool to wear an iron cross.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have an interesting story. The bass player for my main band made an Iron Cross welded sculpture he made for his art class and it was taken away by the Administrative Dean (a vice principle that only handles discipline) at his High School. He had to schedule an appointment with her and she basically lectured him for a half hour about how racism was wrong. He had no idea what she was talking about and then when she asked "Do you understand what you did wrong?" and he said "No I don't..." and she replied with "You know that the Iron Cross was invented by the Nazis right?" and he calmly informed her that the Iron Cross had been around long before the Nazis were around. She didn't believe him. He brought in a book of medals from different countries the next day and showed her the section that had Iron Crosses and the part about how the Iron Cross had been around for a long time and she just replied with "Oh... Well its widely accepted that the Iron Cross is a symbol for Nazism." Just because one group of people use a symbol for a cause that people disagree with doesn't mean that EVERYONE who uses that symbol is a supporter of the group's beliefs. That's like saying that the cross is no longer allowed because KKK / white power organizations use it to promote their agenda of hate.

Comment

pretty much the same happened to me at school, i got suspended for 5 days for refuseing to give up the cross i made, which i still carry to this day. i also presented the same arguements your bass player did but in small town bible belt usa it didnt matter.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
              I wasn't judging anybody. I didn't say anything about anybody being ignorant? Where do you get all this information?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I got my information from your initial post:
              judging those you accuse of judging: "but I am against the hatred and disrespect that most religions vicariously end up breeding."
              where you indicated ignorance: "I am finally devoloping a good eye for those people with ignorant beliefs."

I understand it's no big deal. It doesn't matter to me what you wear, look like, etc. My commentary was that I find it amusing when people do things with the direct intention of getting a reaction, and then make a big deal when they get the reaction they were seeking. It's like posting "Jackson sucks" on this board, and then providing a commentary about how narrow minded we all are when we get testy.

If I missinterpreted, sorry. I also didn't mean to flame, so please don't take my responses that way. I am Christian, and it seemed to me you were directly or indirectly calling me ignorant and judgemental with your comments. I probably read too much into it and got my gander up for no reason.

Comment

no man, I wasn't trying to label anybody. It's all good. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I kinda took it the same way EVH.
                  I've been in the same boat of where I felt persecution early on as a Christian by those more well read or devoted in faith.. so it was with Saul when he came to join the disciples they did not believe him initially. I think we all tend to cross the line of self righteousness and righteousness at some point.

Anyways, testing a sociology experiment for shock value is like walking around in an office full of women or in public with your dick out..it will garner a reaction not so welcomed. (one would assume) Just the fact that this deals with Christians is antagonistic to another group, which according to the book of John, if you do not believe, you already are condemned.

Comment

That's like saying that the cross is no longer allowed because KKK / white power organizations use it to promote their agenda of hate.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But their cross is usually burning while promoting. BIG DIFFERENCE.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Jesus LOVES YOU. Even if you toy with people's ethics and emotions. I love you too!!!
                      1990 Jackson Professional
                      1992 Dean ML
                      2004 Epiphone Flying V
                      2005 Epiphone Dot
                      2009 Fender Stratocaster
                      2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                      2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                      2006 Fender P Bass
                      2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                      1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                      1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                      Custom Pedalboard
                      ADA MP1
                      ADA FX2
                      Tascam 2488

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                        no man, I wasn't trying to label anybody. It's all good. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now, if I could only find that strat head for under $500 I've been looking for..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes I have to agree. Jesus loves you and will forgive you no matter what you do. When it comes down to it, if people have a problem with the clothes you wear they can avoid you. I am a christian, and I follow God very closely. If I see something that terribly offends me I do my best to pay little/no mind to it unless things start to get physical with other people or something. IMO clothes are clothes.. they serve little purpose other than covering up body parts and keeping us warm in the winter. ( I live in Minnesota)

Bill Z... I hate to say this, but the people that judge you really do not closely follow what the Lord tells them to do. The Bible says "Judge not lest ye be judged" (Spelling) people have no right to make any judgement of you. Being the pacifist I am, instead of telling them to go F*** themselves, I would go tell them to read their Bibles. When it comes down to it, we are all Earthlings. Regardless of how tall,fat,skinny,short or whatever we may be. If people do not like how you present yourself then they can simply pay no attention to it... Not all Christians are bad. A lot of them just choose to write their own story.
                          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed:
                            The whole shirt thing is pretty funny. I've been almost assaulted by someone for wearing a Zyklon T-shirt (They're an extreme metal band from Norway, in case your wondering.) The guy said to me "You do know what that means, right? Zyklon is what the jews were killed with" and I informed him that the gas he was thinking of was called "Zyklon-B" and he told me I was wrong and said I should be ashamed of myself for wearing a shirt that promoted the killing of Jews...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I get that when I wear my Zyklon hoodie. I usually say it is Zyklon-B or that they are saying they are lethal and make some kind of hand gestures and use a tone that makes them seem like jackasses.

EDIT: Well I've found the actual reason why they chose the name Zyklon and it is better for battling those judgementalists.

The name Zyklon is still stirring reactions from media and distributors. Do you always feel the need to clarify the name and the connections that come with it? After all, it really is "cyclone" in German.

Well, let’s not blow this out of proportion. There have only been a few slightly narrow-minded journalists who apparently have some issue about the name. I don’t really feel the need to clarify anything. But anyway, let’s go over it once more. Zyklon simply means cyclone! The name represents a massive, intense, destructive force, as in the natural phenomena of a tornado. This is symbolic of our musical expression - an aggressive force of energy! If people still decide to see a "war reference" in the name, that reference would simply represent the extremities of human madness. Simple as that! People often go banning people for what they think they believe in, and are too quick to point fingers. You never know, some day it might be you!

[ March 31, 2004, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: RattleHead ]

Comment

I find it odd that some of the people on this board get offended if I were to slam on gays or whoever, but they feel it's ok to slam on Christians. (Oh they're so narrow minded and ignorant.)
                              Look, someone on here said earlier that (nobody has the right to judge anyone else) WRONG! We all have the right to judge! It's called freedom! But we don't have the right to push our opinions on someone else! I remember standing outside of a building I worked at, smoking a cigarette and an old man walked up. He says to me "You know that's bad for you."
                              I replied "No shit? Oh my God I didn't know that! I must have been living under a rock! Fuck Off!"
                              Keep your fucking opinions to your fuckin self! I hate when people do that shit! I didn't ask for advice ASSHOLE! This last paragraph had nothing to do with the board, I just wanted to vent. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Let me clarify something, as the idea behind the word "Judge" has turned into somewhat of a semantic issue. IMO we all have the right to have our own opinions... That (amongts other things) is what makes America cool. The problem is people seem to want to take their opinions and force them on people. The word judge, to me anyways, means to form an opinion about something, then act on it based on said opinion. Now as long as we keep our opinions to ourselves, we should not have a problem. However many people, both religous and non-religous alike, have problems with this. Basically, it comes down to the idea that if you do not have anything nice to say, do not say it at all.
                                Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                                The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
                                X