so...I grew a huge pair...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so...I grew a huge pair...

It's called FREE SPEECH and Freedom in advertising.
    it's also an equal right... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    much like someone posting something you don't like and/or agree with...you do have the option of not continuing to read it based on the subject title or the first few lines.
    no one has the right to judge anyone else...and if people CHOOSE to say something negative to someone based upon what their t-shirt says...well...that's their issue to deal with....not the person wearing it.
    i find it humourous and harmless...it's not like it said...All Christians are shit-eating fucks or something.there is no direct offense or personal attack with his t-shirt...*shrug*

Comment

Rory,

Have no fear, man! If the band likes your playing, and you respect them, then
      it's good, man! Play for the audience, not the 5 guys in the back with their arms folded (the jaded musos). Guitar players ma be critical, but usually they are itching because they aren't up there.
      Keep THAT in mind; YOU have what THEY want. You're the best fucking male lead guitarist on that stage! OWN that stage!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Rich
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
        Sorry man, I just don't understand it. I guess it's your desire to draw out the zealots and attact negative attention that I don't understand. There are times when I'm guilty of wearing a shirt to attract a little attention, but the shirt says "Buy this man a Beer!!!" or it's Opus with the words "Politically Incorrect", or even my Homestarrunner.com t-shirts, they're good conversation starters. But the shirts like "You say Tomato, I say Fuck You" and the like, stay at home to wear when I'm going to sleep.

Isn't life difficult enough to get through without purposely trying to bring people's negative sides to bear upon yourself?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those Blackhawk jerseys generate a lot of ridicule? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Sorry man...couldn't help myself [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Touche pussycat!
          Occupy JCF

Comment

The people that judge me by my surface appearance and don't like me can go fuck themsleves anyway ...I wouldn't and don't want those kind of people to like me ...so I weed out most assholes out that way..makes life much more simple for me

judge a person by their kind heart and credibility as a good human ....no matter if they are wearing a crucifix , Star of David or the almighty Pentegram...inverted or not !!!

Symbols , signs , shirts , race ..don't mean shit to me ...it's the person's character which is most important

I wear what I want , say what I want to who and when I want ...most people don't have a problem with that and the ones that do ...are assholes that can go fuck themselves in the middle of traffic as far as a care!!

Be yourself ...and fuck what people think!

Unless you're going for an important "Interview" for a good job ...then you have to play the "Game"....so to speak
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The judging goes both ways. I used to be a long hair back in the late 80's. I used to take offense to people who judged me because of it. Had a ***** of a time getting a job. Now I'm older and look like most any other short haired corporate cube dweller. When I visit places where long hair and freaks dwell, or pass them on the street, many give me the same look I got from the "normal" people when I long hair...
              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                You get the dumb ones with a shirt like that. If they don't realize you're trolling for them, I guess they deserve to get shaken up.

Smoking crack IS bad though; lots of guys
                I know have sold all their gear to smoke
                that shit. I have smoked it, but never sold gear or stole to do so. The rush ends too quickly though, then you jones waiting for the pipe to come back around the circle. Overall, not much fun.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah I know exactly Lerx. I"m no advocate for drugs at all. And, it is obviously the more stupid ass ones that came by and talked to me just to attack the content of my t-shirt. My friends (most of whom are christian). They know I'm just fuckin around.

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                  Sorry man, I just don't understand it. I guess it's your desire to draw out the zealots and attact negative attention that I don't understand. There are times when I'm guilty of wearing a shirt to attract a little attention, but the shirt says "Buy this man a Beer!!!" or it's Opus with the words "Politically Incorrect", or even my Homestarrunner.com t-shirts, they're good conversation starters. But the shirts like "You say Tomato, I say Fuck You" and the like, stay at home to wear when I'm going to sleep.

Isn't life difficult enough to get through without purposely trying to bring people's negative sides to bear upon yourself?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just got curious today I guess? I don't usually wear this stuff in my regular day...because of the demographic I'm surrounded by most of the time. But, I just wanted to see what would happen. Nothing terribly bad really. Just some dumbasses, damning me to hell. The smart ones just rolled their eyes and told me I was crazy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

personally i dont care for any fashion statements or personal statements such as band preference, religion, beliefs, or just trying to piss people off

but i dont waste my time judging other people for what they choose to wear or how they choose to physically represent themselves

though i would like to make a shirt that says
                    "smoke blunts and pop caps in whitey"

no offense to anyone of course [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

now that's a classic!! LMAO [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Originally posted by stsk:
                      though i would like to make a shirt that says
                      "smoke blunts and pop caps in whitey"
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by fr0sty:
                        The judging goes both ways. I used to be a long hair back in the late 80's. I used to take offense to people who judged me because of it. Had a ***** of a time getting a job. Now I'm older and look like most any other short haired corporate cube dweller. When I visit places where long hair and freaks dwell, or pass them on the street, many give me the same look I got from the "normal" people when I long hair...
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was actually in line with my ex-fiance at the grocery store that she worked in. At that time my hair was a lot longer than hers was. An old lady walked up to her, looked, at her and said, "How can you stand that???"

"Stand what?" she asked.

"His hair is longer than yours."

At this point she squeezed my hand because she knew that I was going to say something, but in all honesty I was blown away by the sheer rudeness of the whole thing. She then replied, "Well, unlike you, I don't judge him by his hair. It attracted me at first and then I got to know who he is. I'd caution you before you go judging someone's fiance to her face. Next person may not be as nice as I am."

At this point the old lady huffed and walked away. I however couldn't contain my laughter!
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey Rich....thanks for the vote of confidence bro!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          i appreciate the kind words of wisdom.
                          you're right too...Venus has said many times that she really likes my style of playing....but per the usual guitarist...i think i suck...but she continues to tell me different.
                          so be it.
                          if i can get this one particular song nailed down...then she's interested in me playing live for them and adding some leads to their other songs...both old and new.
                          this from a guy who doesn't read music and wouldn't know the name of the notes if they bit me. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                          so thanks again Rich
                          Rory

Comment

Rory should wear a KQRS shirt or a Bush/Cheney shirt for all future dealings with this band.
                            See how fast he gets the gig then. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like some Minnesota boys here? I'm from Sartell, up St. Cloud way. My shirt suggestion would be a variation on the Bush/Cheney. How does "Kerry licks Bush" sound? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

It really is funny watching so many "true" christians' real colors shine through. My shirt doesn't show any sort of disrespect to their beliefs, it just has a blunt phrase on it, that is totally meant to get a rise out of them. IT works really well too. It's pretty much been the people I expected to be judgemental as well. I am finally devoloping a good eye for those people with ignorant beliefs.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1) It's interesting that you complain about the very thing you were trying to create (attention). Maybe next you should wear your "beat your wife today" shirt to a women's convention and then complain when you get funny looks...you might call those women ignorant as well for not completely ignoring you (oh wait, that wouldn't provide the attention you want);

2) Part of the "true colors" of Christianity is being concerned about the well being of your fellow man... and I would think smoking crack and worshiping satan would cause someone to be concerned about your well being.

3) Just as you should not judge all middle aged white guys based on my behavior (most of them wouldn't be happy with that!), I'd prefer you not judge all of us based on the few Christians you encountered today (giving you your un-desired, no wait, desired, no wait undesired attention).

4) I always find it amusing that people label beliefs they don't share as "ignorant". Just because you don't share my beliefs doesn't make them ignorant, nor does it make your beliefs ignorant. More and more people these days are claiming to be tolerant, but in reality are quite intolerent of those who don't share their "anything goes" beliefs. Sort of ironic.

Not trying to be mean or nasty, just throwing in my 2 cents. I'm just one of 6 billion, so hey, most of the world probably disagrees with me....

Comment

Working...
                                X