2016-2017 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-2017 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Ok, I can't be the only one watching the playoffs. I'm totally shocked that the Blackhawks have been shut out two games in a row at home no less. I'm kind of surprised that the Wild are down two games to the Blues at home too. No surprise with me that the Leafs tied it up with the Capitals, and I'll be shocked if that series doesn't go to seven games. I thought Ottawa would stand head and shoulders above the Bruins, and I'm still surprised the B's turned it around like they did to even make the playoffs. There have been some damn good games so far.

I'm glad the Pens took the first two at home, and I hope that Fleury keeps up the great play. I felt Calvert should have gotten two games for his stupid crosscheck, but considering the time of year it is I'm shocked he got the one gamer. Hopefully the Pens can keep making the Jackets pay when they get out of position.
    Last edited by Razor; 04-16-2017, 12:33 PM.

The Wild definitely out played the Blues on Wed, and could've/should've won Friday. However, having a hot goalie, Jake Allen, makes life hard. Unfortunately for us Wild fans, he is making life difficult, that and our goaltender seems to be a little off recently.

Comment

Lmfao. Nashville, some luck and the refs just gifted you game 3 to OT.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Go Sens Go!

Comment

I am quite surprised that the Blackhawks got beaten so quickly as well as The Wild.

I thought that St Louis was weaker than they had been in 10 years but here they are...

Pittsburgh is killing Washington with their old goalie Fleury making a resurgence. Ottawa has surprised me against New York but I still love that New York took the Habs out...good job N.Y. but hopefully, see ya.
          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

I hear you on the Blues. I didn't think they were that strong either. I'm surprised the Blueshirts are down against the Sens too. I just didn't think Ottawa was that strong this year, but the do play a good defensive game and pounce on the mistakes though.

I'm hoping the Pens can go up 3-0 tonight. I like their chances against the Caps on home ice, and I'm still surprised they took the first two in DC.

Comment

Still can;t believe the Ottawa game from Saturday...wooo! Been very interesting so far. Tough to tell who's going to win this round.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                I hear you on the Blues. I didn't think they were that strong either. I'm surprised the Blueshirts are down against the Sens too. I just didn't think Ottawa was that strong this year, but the do play a good defensive game and pounce on the mistakes though.

I'm hoping the Pens can go up 3-0 tonight. I like their chances against the Caps on home ice, and I'm still surprised they took the first two in DC.

Ottawa's defense blows, the Rangers defense blows, no matter who wins that series, they get decimated by pittsburgh.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                  Ottawa's defense blows, the Rangers defense blows, no matter who wins that series, they get decimated by pittsburgh.
                  Doesn't look so good now with Crosby out with a concussion. Hopefully there's a lot of Pens who step up. I would love to send the Caps, especially Ovie's slashing ass off to the Disneyland early this year.

I didn't catch the game last night, but I watched the replay. Ovechkin is the whole cause of this with his slashing at Crosby, especially the swing at his shoulder/head. Niskanen is a victim of circumstance IMHO. Best way to make them the Caps pay is to send them home early.

Ottawa is pretty good at clogging up the neutral zone, and pouncing on mistakes. Their speed is as good as the Pens, especially when Karlsson is in the zone.

Comment

i think the rangers are a better team than ottawa they're just very soft, and they have motivation problems. and Alain Vigneault's video game hockey coahcing style is only good for the regular season. i think the rangers can get right back in this series but wouldnt be surprised at all if they tank it away too. they're a really frustrating team to root for.
                    i still think the pens beat the caps, the caps are snakebitten. love to see the oilers knock off the ducks so i can bag on all of my bandwagon neighbors and coworkers.

Comment

My face at the end of tonight's game.

Comment

nothing ever gets done in washington, be it with congress, politics in general, or hockey haa haa.
                        I knew the pens would stick it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          nothing ever gets done in washington, be it with congress, politics in general, or hockey haa haa.
                          You got that right! Now if we could get congress to stand on it's head like Fleury they might get something done.

Comment

So tired of how soft the no hit league is anymore. Kassian/Richie coulda been a great scrap, instead, the refs get in and give them 5+10 each. Turning into a fucking pussy league.

Comment

And lmfao.. the refs gift Anaheim game 5... what a fucking joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X