That Metal Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    Eddie's also the one that gets Bruce pissed off on Flight 666, for suggesting that the Somewhere Back In Time tour is just a nostalgia cash-in
    Ironically enough, I saw them twice on that tour for that exact reason... I was just re-living the `Live After Death` vid that I grew up on. It was great show!

Carry on...

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
      Metal is a substance comprised of iron and carbon that is used to make swords that you can use as props in a Dio video. that is Metal.
      This comment made me want to watch Manowar videos on youtube.

Comment

I would rather see a show with Bill Z showing us how to shave the sack , than watch that fat annoying fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse Called War View Post
          I would rather see a show with Bill Z showing us how to shave the sack , than watch that fat annoying fuck.
          I hope Bill doesn't have a camera. Otherwise a link to the video will be posted shortly....

Comment

I've seen 4 episodes, cool trivia, guest players are great. Saw Broderick, Warren D, John5, and Billy Sheehan each jammin out for commercial breaks. Trivia is interesting, as are the guests that are talked too, but do away with the Trunk Top 5, and the Stump the Trunk and show more of the playing guests stuff, while the little blonde dances, naked.
            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
              but do away with the Trunk Top 5, and the Stump the Trunk and show more of the playing guests stuff, while the little blonde dances, naked.
              those are good suggestions. but I have an even better idea. how bout just replacing trunk with adam curry's hair. fuck it. I mean how much more metal can you get than that? just have more time with the guests interviews, the metal chick dancing, and guest shredders shredding.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

and I agree its cool to have a metal based show, but not at the expense of an egotistical jerk hosting it. I mean thats like saying its great to have a girlfriend, but not at the expense of one that bitches at you constantly. some things just aint worth having.

I mean the top 5 and stump portions are just like watching a whiny brat kid when he dont get the candy he wants. he bitches and pisses and moans when people disagree with him or they stump him on a question. I just think he is annoying. if you like him and the show, more power to ya. watch till your heart is content. its all good.

Personally I think they would be better off doing more interview based stuff and have someone like Lita Ford host it. She has charisma and knows metal and I think would be a fine host for it.

Comment

You guys are waaaay too uptight about those top 5 lists. I wouldn't say they are forcing their opinions on anybody when a) they often let the audience vote and b) they encourage viewers to go online and submit their own lists. And, c) those are really just improv sessions where Jim and Don get to ridicule Eddie severely.

I think Eddie does a lot of good, or at least he tries. He almost helped get John Sykes out of the weeds (although that project recently failed). He's also working on getting Ritchie Blackmore out of the weeds...and he does a great job tormenting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, let's cut him a little slack!

Comment

Oh, I gotta mention one gripe I got with this show and/or the channel as a whole. WTF is up with the love for Buckcherry?! Whatever metal show which was on VH1 in the late 90s kept peddling their vids saying they could do no wrong. They disband (unbeknownst to me, I could care less) then the guys on TMS have them on as guests, which kinda goes against their own credo of having newer bands on. OK, there's one song of there's which belongs in the strip club, and when there's TnA dancing in my face, I'll tolerate the song, otherwise, get em out!
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      ...and he does a great job tormenting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, let's cut him a little slack!
                      Yeah, his take on the RnR Hall of Shame is pretty accurate...But to cut the fatf*ck slack....NEVER! "Are you kidding me?!?!?!"
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by joshulator View Post
                        I do confess that Winger is the most extreme of the pop metal bands, and are almost a Phil Collins album.
                        I'm always interested in this perception of Winger. Is it based purely on Seventeen & Miles Away? Beavis & Butthead certainly had an impact on their perception because it became very uncool to like them. A lot of people didn't get any further than that.

It seems most folks consider Winger lighter than bands like Poison, Trixter, Warrant, etc. Reb crammed some serious riffage into those first 3 albums. The songwriting was significantly better too, even if some don't consider it metal. Compositionally they were way ahead of their contemporaries. I didn't hear those bands attempting things like Rainbow In The Rose - it wasn't particularly heavy, but it was epic and not radio friendly at all. Their videos may have been more polished but for most of their stuff as far as heaviness I've always considered them alongside bands like Ratt, Skid Row & Y&T. They were heavier than bands like Twisted Sister & Nightranger. Of course, Ratt had the lyrical genius of Stephen Pearcy (favourite lyric off the last album "Your wrong, I'm right. Two wrongs don't make a right" - brilliant how he rhymed "right" with "right")

I know almost nobody bothered to listen to Pull. Their 15 minutes was just about up by the time it came out. Metal or not, it's a damn good rock album.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

"Pop" and "Metal" should never be used together. I don't care if they had great compositional skills. I don't care if they had Masters degrees in music and can play the entire Beethoven catalog on anything that makes sound and make it sound great. It was fucking POP, not METAL. No, Beavis and Buttmunch had no influence on whether or not I thought Winger was Metal, I based my decision on the fact that despite having met most of the criteria for being considered Metal, they lacked the most important one: NOT BEING POP!

As for where I'd put them in a record store: I'd create a separate section bearing their name, because quite frankly it would be too insulting to put them in with Poison and Warrant and Bulletboys, because they were technically better than those groups, but since they weren't as hard-driving as Whitesnake, you can't really lump them in with the Corporate Metal because Corporate Metal doesn't have the artistic stylings. The composition of Winger's "Heartbreak" surpasses "Still of the Night" and "Is This Love" and all those, just for the changes alone. As Pop, it's done well. As Metal, it's not.

Just because you got a girl to suck it to that song doesn't mean it was Metal. Metal should never induce cuddling or blowjobs. That's what Pop is for.

And I do have to give Trunk kudos for his slamming the RNR Hall of Fame, but isn't it focused on Motown anyway? So there ya go, you're gonna have that prejudice against Alice Cooper, KISS, and many other bands that simply don't look like Michael, or Mahalia, or Kool Moe Dee.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Can you just feel the love on this thread??

Comment

Pop + Peeps = Poop ! These are facts.

Speaking of whom. I must check the Peep thread. See, Once upon a time, I was known for all things Metal. Now it's all things Peeps.

But I shall medicate first..for thy ass feels upped with fuck!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                Just because you got a girl to suck it to that song doesn't mean it was Metal. Metal should never induce cuddling or blowjobs. That's what Pop is for.
                                I thought that was what KISS was for....

I guess I'm lucky in never feeling constrained by musical categorisations. My balls don't get any bigger because I've convinced you guys that I listen to the heaviest or fastest or darkest or meanest or angriest metal. Or KISS. Maybe to you guys I do, but I've never perceived that I lose any street cred by listening to stuff that is NOT Metal. If it's good music, it's good music. Most of my collection is metal, of all shades. Still plenty of room for jazz & blues & rock & pop & all kinds of variations in between. My last trip to the music store I picked up the new Lamb of God, John Legend and the Roots (replacement - the wife lost my last copy), Michael Spiby (acoustic album by lead singer of the Badloves), Raphael Saadiq. All good music, whether it's to your taste or not.
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X