That Metal Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Metal Show

Yes, I've seen the thread from last year, but didn't see the show until just recently.

My question is who are these three fucks and why should I concern myself with their opinions? I mean, are they "someone" in "The Metal Scene" i.e. former viable members of former viable Metal bands? Or are they just 3 'tards who got on TV?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Eddie Trunk was a New York KISS fan who wangled his way to a VP position at Megaforce Records, then became a local DJ, doing lots to promote metal on the radio in the tri-state area.
    The other 2 guys are small-time comedians & metal fans most known for prank-calling bits, like Crank Yankers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_Metal_Show
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ok, so I shouldn't care about their opinions :p

And why do the programmers at VH1C keep including Winger's Heading For a Heartbreak in the Metal Mania show? I mean, has no one informed them that Winger is not Metal? Seriously?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Eddie Trunk is also on satalite radio. If you see any VH1 show on metal or the shows on 80's metal bands he will be in it. He's probably the most knowledgable person on worthless metal trivia there is.
        Just because you dont' like Winger doesn't mean they're not metal (as metal was in the 80's). Is somebody a Beavis and Butthead fan?

Comment

If the guy is into metal enough to work his way into the second most powerful position at Megaforce Records, have a radio show, a television show, and works to promote metal, seems like just the kind of guy you might want to pay attention to once in a while. Form your own opinions, as most people do anyway, but his credentials carry more clout than anything "most" people have done or ever will do. The other two guys on the show being fans of metal will have their opinions on what they do or don't like, which may or may not coincide with what you like, but they've probably met more big name metal musicians than "most" people. As far as Winger goes, while they may be closer to metal than Nelson (lol) they just don't quite reach the metal category.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Eddie Trunk was a New York KISS fan who wangled his way to a VP position at Megaforce Records, then became a local DJ, doing lots to promote metal on the radio in the tri-state area.
            Eddie's also the one that gets Bruce pissed off on Flight 666, for suggesting that the Somewhere Back In Time tour is just a nostalgia cash-in
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Eddie is an over opinionated annoying jerk IMO. he has to shove his opinion in everyone's face like he is some sort of metal authority. give me a break. he gets all pissy like a little kid when he loses on "stump the trump". that show is so stupid. they sit and argue about stupid shit like "the best whitesnake album" I mean who really gives a shit what these guys think? I sure dont. the other 2 jokers....... I have no idea why they are there..... just because they like metal? all they do is sit and make smart ass remarks the whole time that are all scripted and you can see them coming a mile away. Trunk is even annoying on XM radio. you can tell how popular the show is by the 17 people sitting in the studio audience.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I like the show. At least it is showcasing metal.-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                  I like the show. At least it is showcasing metal.-Lou
                  Exactly. At least there is a show that revolves around metal, even if it is super opinionated

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                    Eddie is an over opinionated annoying jerk IMO. he has to shove his opinion in everyone's face like he is some sort of metal authority.
                    Oh, you mean kind of like some JCF members?

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                    all they do is sit and make smart ass remarks the whole time
                    Again, kind of like some JCF members?

Not knocking anyone in particular, just saying that much like here in the forums, some will enjoy some people's humor and opinions more than others. We're not all the same and honestly, the world would suck if we were. I've actually been introduced, by some people I don't really seem to get along with, to some great music, learned something new everyday about what I consider to be the best brand of guitars in the world, and have been almost constantly amused (sometimes more than others) by some off the wall stuff I never thought of until it was brought up here. We can all learn something from just about everyone. Like Lou said, at least it's a show about metal. Unfortunately there aren't as many of those as I believe we all here would like to see. The show does have its "groan" moments when it gets kind of cheesy but it sure beats no metal show at all IMO.

Comment

eddie trunk is a fat turd. his show sucks, and metal is better when listened to, not commented on too much. while some may want their metal in the spotlight, there are many of us that prefer metal to survive in the underground where it can stay true and mighty!!!!!!

now, where is my manowar loin cloth?????
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Without metal going at least somewhat more mainstream, alot of very talented artists are going to continue to be unsigned. Many will give up after trying their hardest and not getting anywhere thanks to the record companies and most radio cramming pop down our throats. While there's nothing wrong with being a big fish in a small pond and getting semi-famous rocking local or regional venues, the brick wall most people run into trying to get signed and promoted is enough to discourage more players than actually make it. Even if metal did make it mainstream, you could always choose to listen to "underground" metal that you consider to be "true and mighty".

Comment

First of all I'm glad that artists I dig get a chance to get on a show and promote their projects. Not like people are tripping over themselves elsewhere on the dial to interview Frankie Banali, as awesome as he is.

Florentine and Jamieson are as mentioned comedians. They're on there because one the are obviously big metal fans and two they are comedians. Not just for funny comments BUT FOR ANY COMMENT AT ALL. In my life I do alot of public speaking. Sometimes I am on panels with people who don't do alot of public speaking. It can be fucking painful. You need someone who can and will say something in the empty spaces. Not just to blab but to keep things moving along.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post

now, where is my manowar loin cloth?????

Comment

CFH, you seem to defend EVERYTHING! Almost as if you're scared to be biased, or have an opinion, because of what others may think. You also get waaaay bent out of shape when anyone dares to poke at you. So much so, that it just drives people to do it more.

You defend Eddie and the gang by saying things like (paraphrased), they have their own opinion, so we should just accept it. The question at hand here is, how are they qualified? Professional boxing and MMA don't just pick people randomly to judge fights, with us the viewers to just accept their questionably qualified opinion.

Then you say, they met more big name metal musicians than most people here have. Doesn't matter, especially since they've only met people BECAUSE of the show.

I've met thousands of women in the adult entertainment industry, but that doesn't automatically make me an expert cockmaster, though I am

I happen to know that both of your examples probably point at myself, perhaps not deliberately, but nonetheless true. I accept that. I stand firm, always. Don't like it? Can't please everybody, nor will I ever try.

Eddie's a cunt by the way.
                              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Working...
                              X