No announcement yet.

2011-2012 NHL Hockey fans.....anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been around here much but a couple of things. Bruins look strong but as good as they are odds are way against them that they'll repeat, hasn't been done since Detroit did it in 97-98.

Parity is still sucking, as are shootouts and giving the losers a free point for failing. Its so hard to gain points leads with everyone getting a point whether they win or lose in OT.

How is this for odd, in the Western Conference there could be 4 of the 8 teams who make the cut come from the Central division. Detroit, Chicago and St. Louis are neck, neck and neck and playing pretty good hockey. 2 of those 3 teas will get fucked int he seedings as the NW and Pacific division champs will have less points and wins than whoever finishes 2md and 3rd in the Central.

Surprises for me are the New York Rangers and the St Louis Blues......

Crosby needs to come out and say he is out for the remainder of the year so the circus around him will stop. I think the guy is done myself and its sad. Even if he does return, the way he plays he'll get another concussion. It wont matter what type of helmet he uses the brain still sloshes around withing the skull. More and more players will continue to be shelved by concussions. They need to put back the red line, remove the trapezoids, and reduce the body armor of eh shoulder pads and elbow pads. When you have a 200lb man traveling at top speed wearing bulletproof EQ they have no fear of hurting themselves by initiating contact. Until they get the rock hard shoulder and elbow pads out of the game your going to see more of this shit. These pads are over protecting the hitter but they become a weapon to the opponent upon contact.

Sheriff Shanahan is already getting old. Although I like the detailed explanations consistency makes no sense a lot of times. Same play, same call, same type of player, one is suspended and the other is not.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I dunno, I think the 5 minutes of 4 on 4 and the shootout are great additions. They're certainly entertaining. I definitely love the shootouts.

And yeah, I wonder what the NHL is going to do about all the injuries, bring back the 2-line pass rule?
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Blackhawks vs Panthers pushed back a 1/2 hour because of the snow. :-|
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
        X