• Show
Clear All

Buzz Killington is more like it:

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
      Buzz Killington is more like it:

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
        Well Dave, I guess Hendrix, Vai, Satch, Eddie van halen, Randy RHoads, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Kirk Hammett, Jeff Beck all SUCK at solos.
        Actually, Kirk Hammett really does and a whammy can't save him.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Trembelos
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Cumbalos!!!

Who gives a shat. Fucky Sucky..Kirk Hamster is a fag. Dave is a gingery fag. ..he's got freckles on his shcmeckle. That's why Dave Mustaine is so peeeeed off. He had to find Jesus because of all that gingatude. It consumed his life. fuggims.

I gotta wash my ass, and genitalias with Irish Spring..I like that fresh feelin'.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DeadThread.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	2445637
              sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

lol, Jazz. I had actually forgotten how New Brian left the show. Poor Rupert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  Cliff was the pops among kids yet he was a hippy with a very obscure musical taste compared to the other guys. Lars was the metalhead, James and Kirk were more classic rock fans but if Cliff were alive I'm guessing Metallica would have eventually gone into some pretty experimental stuff. I personally would have loved it but for those who only love the classic albums and hate Load, Reload, St. Anger etc. Cliff's fantasy project would be even bigger abomination for them.
                  I agree. I think they would have gone more progressive and less rock. I actually would have enjoyed it as I enjoy the heavy end of progressive (Rush, etc.) quite a bit, but I think it would have gotten much of the same hate as the turn they actually took while almost certainly not garnering them the commercial success.

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                  Actually, Kirk Hammett really does and a whammy can't save him.
                  It isn't the damn whammy, it's the wah on every single @#%@$^% solo that kills it for me. I love a bit of wah, but as an effect not as a integral part of the tone.*

* With some notable exceptions: Schenker could pull this off, but that was an open wah. Plus, it's Schenker!

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
                    ITT: Metallica hate bandwagoners. Just jealous that they are successful and other bands aren't anywhere near their fame and hate on them because its the cool thing to do. U mad.

80s Metallica > 80s Megadeth

Early 90s Metallica = Early 90s MEgadeth

2000s Metallica < 2000s Megadeth

Wrong, Wrong, Right
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

• Oh boy, a metalica megadeth war.

I think Billzee's personal ball hygiene is the most valid part of this thread.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

• Why don't we just ask dave what he thinks. He's the most honest, humble metal musician there is.
                        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	dstt55d5d55.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	2445638
                          sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 3reach View Post
                              ITT: Metallica hate bandwagoners. Just jealous that they are successful and other bands aren't anywhere near their fame and hate on them because its the cool thing to do. U mad.

80s Metallica > 80s Megadeth

Early 90s Metallica = Early 90s MEgadeth

2000s Metallica < 2000s Megadeth

some people just can't accept that not everyone adores early Metallica. If it's a bandwagon, many of us were on it in '84. Metallica may have been the first metal band you heard back in the day and so you feel an eternal debt of gratitude to them. More power to you, everyone looks back on their first time with some fondness. Not everyone shares your experience though.

As for Kirk's playing ability or how memorable his solos may be, I can't recall a single one. Never listened to enough Metallica to remember any of them. I'm sure anyone who didn't listen to Megadeth would say the same thing about Marty's solos. Those who say that Chris isn't the player that Marty is because they can't remember the solos on the new album after listening to it twice, could you say the same about Marty back when? Or did you start to remember them after a half dozen listens over the first weekend you bought Rust In Peace? See if Broderick's solos seem a little more memorable after you've listened to them for a decade or so.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

• Just going by my experiences... I listeded to Endgame for probably 4-5 weeks straight. At work, in the car, at home... Its still one of my all time favorite albums! The solos are SICK, and thats just it... theyre super fast, super technical, but not very memorable. They dont have a "trademark" sound or feel to them if you get what Im sayin.
                                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                                X