No announcement yet.

Dave Mustaine: "God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mustaine: "God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo"

I just read an old magazine interview and Dave Mustaine said in the interview with "Masters of Metal and Hard Rock" magazine:

"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."

Well Dave, I guess Hendrix, Vai, Satch, Eddie van halen, Randy RHoads, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Kirk Hammett, Jeff Beck all SUCK at solos. Maybe you could give them pointers?

What a tool. WHy must he always talk shit about people in his industry? Always talking shit about others bands and even his own band members. Musicians should have respect for one another.

This reminds me of when Dave said "Chris is far better a guitarist than Marty ever was". Even if you believe that, keep it to yourself. Do you have any respect for fellow musicians that have created music with you for years? How do you think that makes Marty feel?

He is just an asshole period. Axl Rose number 2.
    Last edited by 3reach; 09-29-2011, 06:36 AM.

It's a safe bet that heroin had a lot to do with that comment. Although the "tool" thing is probably a contributing factor as well...

Comment

Dave Mustaine > You

Comment

MAB's quad-neck shits on Dave's double-neck and makes him look like half the man he is
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

What's funny is Dave used Floyds on a few of his Y2KV sig models.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dave has diarrhea of the mouth - sound familiar - he can't help himself obviously. He was cool to me though when i met him in 86, cept he asked me if i knew where to get any blow, and i was a 16 year old kid. Not that i couldn't get some, but i acted opposed to it, and brought up the fact i had just heard him on the radio doing a psa on drugs. He was caught off guard and just said he was tired.

Comment

What year is this magazine, and why are you bitching about it now?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

lol, Trem.

Comment

Yeah, what year was this?

Though I agree the whole Chris is better than Marty thing was disrespectful... better is all subjective. While Chris could play faster and more precise than Marty, Marty was the one who wrote solos people remember, and to me thats what counts. As much as I like Chris' playing, I really dont remember any of his solos from Endgame. Theyre more about squeezing in as many notes as possible, not feeling. When you hear Marty play, you KNOW its him. When you hear Chris play, you just hear a shredder.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                    Yeah, what year was this?

Though I agree the whole Chris is better than Marty thing was disrespectful... better is all subjective. While Chris could play faster and more precise than Marty, Marty was the one who wrote solos people remember, and to me thats what counts. As much as I like Chris' playing, I really dont remember any of his solos from Endgame. Theyre more about squeezing in as many notes as possible, not feeling. When you hear Marty play, you KNOW its him. When you hear Chris play, you just hear a shredder.
                    this

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
                      WHy must he always talk shit about people in his industry?
                      Good job continuing to be a hypocrite.

Comment

I can see where Dave is coming from. I feel the same way after listening to Slayer.
                        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                          Good job continuing to be a hypocrite.
                          fellow musicians \=/ people who discriminate others based on how they are born

great comparison

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
                            fellow musicians \=/ people who discriminate others based on how they are born

great comparison
                            Nah, I think he was equating your state of musicianship and Daves state of musicianship. Youre in effect, being hypocritical by talking shit about others in the industry by bitching about other musicians in the industry talking shit about others in the industry. Say that 5 times fast!

I agree though, Dave can be a tool. We all know it and we love him anyways.
                            Last edited by Twitch; 09-29-2011, 03:52 PM.
                            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I was born a raging metal guitarist. God made me this way........
                              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Working...
                              X