No announcement yet.

RIP Ronnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Ronnie.. Metal will never be the same....
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

R.I.P Ronnie...going to be missed!
      My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

I'm absolutely devastated. I have no words. But I know there is a huge void in my heart and metal that will never be replaced.

The sign of the horns...from our grandmothers italian superstition ("malocchio"=Evil Eye) became the universal symbol of metal.

As I look around my home..his influence went far beyond music. I wish I saw his last show with John..he couldn't stop saying how amazing he was. To the very end.

Metal has lost Dio..Italian for "god"

Horns, Hail and much sadnesss.

Bill Z Bub
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Just found out, truly a great loss. RIP
          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I met Ronnie for the first time back in 1989 when I was still in high school. Talk about a huge moment in a young musician's life! He was nice as could be and posed for a picture with me. This is just a giant loss to the music world.
            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

RIP. A class act.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

I can't believe Ozzy outlived him.

My mom was even a fan, and went with my best friend and I to see him on the Sacred Heart tour in 1985. That's still one of the best if not the best metal stage shows ever put together. What a voice, and what great songs, he will always be my favorite singer in Black Sabbath...omg the mood he set with his voice and Tony's evil guitar riffs and eerie vibrato!

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                  I can't believe Ozzy outlived him.
                  Yeah, no shiite right? I'd trade 10 f-ing Ozzy's for Ronnie... Ozzy is a f-ing hack in comparision. Dio was infinitely more talented. Ozzy ran Sabbath into the ground and Dio brought them back. Then Ozzy sued over Sabbath making money on the name. Hope him and his trainer both get ass cancer.

Yeah Bill, devastated is pretty much it. Gods just aren't supposed to die...

Comment

Sad day as a legend leaves us. I thought he was on the rebound with the cancer. I seen an interview with him from the hospital in Texas, his spirits and energy were high. Very, very sorry he isn't with us anymore....
                    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

I remember seeing him with Rainbow in the late '70's. Great vocalist. RIP Ronnie .....

Comment

Man, peter steele and dio back to back. Two of my all time faves. Rip

Comment

Rust In Peace Ronnie!

Incredible artist. Sad day indeed.

Sending a letter to the gov't of Canada asking for a Ronnie James Dio day where every station across the company plays only Dio's material all day long and we get a day off.
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

There aren't too many of those types left... I loved Steele, and although not in the same class as Dio, losing him hurt.

Starting to understand how my parents must have felt when their icons started passing away... I'm just sickened. And, of course reading the various net rags all day and facebook friends reminiscing just really hurts.

Comment

RIP RJD you will truly be missed. \m/

Comment

I only got to see RJD twice, the Dream Evil tour and the Lock Up the Wolves tour. He truly was/is one of my favs. RIP, RJD!

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
                                X