Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ronnie

And it's over...

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

I just heard. This really sucks. I'm glad I got to see him a few times before he was taken. Ronnie was fucking ace. RIP Ronnie!
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

He will be sorely missed! A friend told me a bit ago.. and it hit hard!!!
      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

blah... what's with all the weird info going on on the net?

fucking sucks anyhow
        Last edited by Endrik; 05-16-2010, 03:01 PM.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

As I was putting a new bumper on my Tahoe, the woman poked her head out and told me the news... I dropped everything and came inside to see if it was true. Man, what a sad day. We lost one of the greats, one of the godfathers of metal and no one will ever be able to replace the legend. I was really hoping he would have beat this stomach cancer. RIP RJD. \m/
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

RIP Ronnie.

Saw him numerous times.
            Was my favorite rock and heavy metal singer, no question about it.

Comment

RIP Ronnie. Bummed.

Comment

Crushing... Ronnie was "the voice". His timbre was the soul of metal it seemed to me. No could come close to his unique quality and the emotion he put into the material...

So glad I saw the last US tour last summer. We was so on his game. Wasn't going and something told me I had to go, and at the last minute, I just got in the car and went. Sad, of all the metal people I've met, I've somehow never met him, or any of Sabbath... Ironic as they were my fave.

Rest in Peace Ronnie, thank you for all these memories and your influence.

Blessed be....

Comment

Wow, shitty news. I thought he would beat it. RIP Ronnie. Time to put Last in Line on repeat. I only ever got to see him live once on the Last in Line tour and he was awesome.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Ronnie... as in Ronnie Dio? Goddamit! I really hoped to see him at least once. Sad news indeed.
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Wow, just found out...Im glad I was able to see him with Heaven and Hell. RIP

Comment

Goodbye, Ronnie James Dio

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=140129

Hate to be the ghoul, but there you go. Godspeed, Ronnie.

Comment

The King is dead; may he rest in peace and may his memory live in the hearts of metalheads forever. I'm so glad he went out on top with the recent Heaven & Hell album and tours. He could belt it out to the very end, like so few of his peers.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I really thought he'd beat it. But he fought to the very end. I saw a clip of him at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards just a couple weeks ago and he looked good! God rest his soul, he was one of the true kings of rock and metal, and he never lost his pipes!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Major loss.
                              I feel fortunate to have seen him on Mob Rules, Holy Diver, Last in line, And with Heaven and Hell.

Hopefully he didn't suffer in the end and was able to go with peace, dignity, and grace.
                              He deserved the the best.
                              Models
                              The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                              I dont need furniture.
                              If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                              If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                              And rock that sucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X