• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: \"Exact Jake E Lee replica for sale\"

[ QUOTE ]

Ray and I are square...no problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is great for you but what if some poor schmuk that did not have your connections had bought it, he would have been screwed. Sounds like Ray only gave in after some pressure.

I was actually on the RS guitarworks page getting ready to order two shredders when I fliped over and read this thread, now I'm going to re-think the order. I'm most likely going to go with EMGs now.

Comment

I'm glad this worked out. I remember admiring this guitar and came damn close to buying it. Glad I "slept" on it for a few days.
      "POOP"

Comment

The power of the JCF is a remarkable thing.

It blows me away to think that two people I've never met face to face, or at all for one of them, was in Georgia talking to Ray on my behalf, pressuring him to do the right thing while I'm up here in the woods of upstate NY, powerless and willing to accept the error of my ways...think about it! Connections, indeed!

I learned something, though. I've bought and sold literally hundreds of guitars online, and the only two times I've been burned were both by people I really didn't know offering something that was too good to be true. The much lusted-after "Screaming Deal".

There's a lesson to be had for everybody here.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I learned something, though. I've bought and sold literally hundreds of guitars online, and the only two times I've been burned were both by people I really didn't know offering something that was too good to be true. The much lusted-after "Screaming Deal".

There's a lesson to be had for everybody here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I was ultra paranoid when I got that B/W EVH for a screaming deal via an Ebay second chance offer. The guy was super understanding and it worked out great but I did a lot more to cover my ass than I normally would.

I'm glad it worked out for you Chuck.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Glad things are working out for you Chuck!

I would add that I would like to see adds that state urgency for the sale be watched...we all have bills to pay! We all have emergencies from time to time...shouldn't be a selling tool in my opinion. It feels like an attempt to get the "bro's" to help out...of course I know this isn't always the case. Just my 2 cents...

Comment

Good times! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Chuck, ya moving back to AZ to avoid the upcoming east coast winter?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just saw this... good to see it worked out for ya, Chuck. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I´m still quite interested in Roy´s side, though.....

Comment

Yup! I'm gettin while the gettin is good!

Naw, I've got a musical career, a job, and a place to stay in Chandler. I'm ready to re-engage my life now. I came back east for health reasons...well, I'm as good as I'm gonna be - short of a kidney transplant, that is.

RJ, I lived in Phoenix for 15 years, been gone a year and a half, coming back...to my stomping grounds!

Comment

Cool. Good luck with everything! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Re: \"Exact Jake E Lee replica for sale\"

He's just avoiding the snow dammit ..
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Heh...yeah, Wimp here!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

RJ, I lived in Phoenix for 15 years, been gone a year and a half, coming back...to my stomping grounds!

[/ QUOTE ]
                          I've been here going on 25 years now. Well I did move back to St. Louis for a year around 1988. Needed to get my head straight and that's where my family is.
                          As to this being your stomping grounds... we can talk about that. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                          Shoot me a PM when ya get into town.
                          And welcome back. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          -Rick

Comment

25 years! Oh hell, you can qualify for "native" status at that rate!

I will indeed...I can't wait! I'll be in Chandler, BTW.

Comment

Whassamatter, Chuck? Watertown not good enough for 'ya? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Snow. Ugh. Just got a new snowthrower. Your getting out just in time Chuckles.

Comment

Working...
                                X