DIRTY RAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIRTY RAT

If the seller accepts the money, it's sold. Period. Where is the debate?

(Politics of backdooring aside)

Comment

Sorry you got screwed Joe, but it seems to me that if someone breaks the rules then they are asking for trouble anyway. This is exactly what I hate about guitar/car/comic book/baseball card/shoelace collecting.

Comment

Wow, Brett, I'm sorry that you felt you had to extend an offer you didn’t want to make just because you thought it would appease Joe and the forum (or at least that is what I inferred from your post, maybe I am wrong!). Meanwhile, while this ridiculous thread has been building steam, there’s probably some Eskimo up in Alaska that is shredding that V up and down because he offered the seller $750.

Would you please consider moving this post to the NON C/J Related talk?

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
          Your points are not the topic of discussion here in this thread. If I pay someone for something and they have my $ in their hands, the merchandise IS SOLD. Now, who here on the board besides Kev and Todd is going to say otherwise to that? Or will you delete this thread, Kev/Todd? Cash in hand means you deliver said merchandise. Fair is fair, gentlemen. I will not add another word to this discussion in this thread because I have explained my side entirely.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">With posts nowadays theres always tangents that are related. The, as it was termed, "politics of backdooring" is a related tangent. Very much in the same vein of complaining about the use of foreign currencies when someone is trying to verify a guitar on eBay. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Fair is fair when the rules are followed. For the record, you paid your money and you should get your item, or your money back.

[ November 24, 2003, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Joe your main beef should be with the seller. It looks to me that you and Brett made it appear that this guitar was worth more than $450. It looks like the seller played you. Should the guitar be yours...yes you closed the deal, but by backdooring it you opened yourself up, allowing you no recourse unless he doesn't refund your money.

Comment

I wouldn't say ending an auction early because someone made an offer the seller accepted is breaking the rules. Dealers do it all the time incase they sell the product on the retail market prior to the auction ending. I back doored one guitar on eBay. But I also bid on it and made sure I had the highest bid before the seller ended it. In my opinion your covered on all bases doing it that way and don't piss in anyones Cheerios as well. It's a bit different than Joe's situation because I was willing to spend a lot on the guitar whether it was done through the auction or via the back door. Joe saw a deal and took it. No shame in that either.

When push comes to shove this is Joe's guitar. He paid for it already. This is almost identical to Brett's Charvel V. Now as far as Brett being the rat I myself find that highly unlikely since Brett himself went through the same thing. When I got the seller of the back door deal I did to close he gave me a whole list of JCF members that had made offers. I'm sure Brett wasn't the only one to email this guy. He just got put in a bad position by emailing Joe after the deal went soar. Looks pretty bad since he was the one to contact Joe. But I doubt the person that ruined it would make that mistake. I've dealt with both Joe and Brett and know both are stand up guys of their word.

I think someone else is to blame for what happened Joe. I do hope you get your cash back if not end up getting the guitar. If this guy is free with giving out names like he did with yours I would ask who told him it's worth more. He probably won't tell you though since he's trying to play it down as something other than that.
              We must!
              We must!
              We must increase the bust!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!
              The boys are counting on us!

Comment

this whole thread is a tangent.. it should be bashing the seller that got the money but didn't send the guitar.. not the anonymous rat.

Comment

Joe, I understand your pont 100%, but this game is being played with two sets of rules and two sets of integrity.

The first set of rules is this is a gentlemens game and there is honor and integrity amongst us all wether we know each other or not, and when you send someone money, the deal is consumated. This would go hand in hand with a completed ebay auction where everybody plays by the rules.

The second set of rules is when you backdoor something. The new rules are: There are no rules. Its the Old West, lawlessness run amok, and sellers will indeed take your money, then sell to a higher offer, or not sell at all, because some RAT whispered in their ear.

You are trying to apply the rules of a gentlemens game with a backdoor deal, AKA The Old West.

You will probably get your money back, I sure hope so, but in the chosen arena, there are NO rules towards conduct.

Comment

Ok I'll chime in [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

A good collector ( such as Brett ) whould not screw someone out of a guitar, even more so some one in the JCF community. It just ends up hurting their credibility down the road.

Some one was either pissed they didn't get the guitar or just pissed some one got a good deal. I used to call it the old c*ock-block
                    in my cruise the bars for chicks days. Some f**ker was always tying to shoot you down cuz he had no game.

hammer out..................

Comment

You can say cock and the real word for f**k... The swear filters have been shut off. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

test

[ November 24, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck! Shit, it worked! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Whore! It doesn't tell you that you edited the post either. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You backdoor deals so you can get the all elusive "smokin' deal", Instead of letting the auction run its course and winning it "fair and square". I have bought stuff off ebay and never tried to do this...why...because I figure the person selling the item is trying to get the best price available, via the bidding process. I believe that is what this process is for...that is what I would want.

I understand wanting to get a "great" deal but...this isn't what it should be about. As far
                          as not feeling pity for someone because they didn't know the value of something...well...I
                          don't think I would feel all the great about myself if I KNEW that I was tooling someone. This "his loss" crap doesnt' fly here. Then again, I haven't tried it...

If the reserve isn't met or such, then by all means, contact the guy and work something out.
                          Heck, contact them and let them know that if the item doesn't sell, you are there to make an
                          offer.

I understand the fact that he has your money and such...that sucks...deal with the guy and
                          work it out one way or the other.

What do I know? Good Luck.

Comment

Here goes the neighborhood!

Comment

Sorry all bets are off when its a backdoor deal. I hope you get your money back. But lets face it, you are an ebay pro, no feedback, you had to set up his paypal acct. etc. If its to good to be true.......
                              www.kiddhavok.com
                              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Few points:

1) Looks like the seller has no feedback....should tell you something right there.

2) Why would someone who screwed you immediately email you saying congrats?? You'd have to be a moron to do that....I see no connection there whatsoever. If I had screwed someone out of a guitar I'd attract no attention to myself at all let a lone emailing them "Congrats".

3) I guess backdooring stuff is alright if there are no bids since that's basically a "Buy It Now" but still there are no rules....once the buyer finds out there is a high demand for his product you can expect to get screwed.

Comment

Working...
                                X