DIRTY RAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIRTY RAT

Joe, either tell us who it was and let everyone here know who among us is pulling this sh!t, or if you don't want to do that then at least inform the admins and maybe they'll do the right thing and ban his fuKKin sorry ass!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Definitely let us know the name of the rat and the seller, if allowed. Thanks, and best of luck with dealing with the guy... hopefully he doesn't ruin your outstanding Ebay feedback (how could one forget that impressive score?). [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Inconvenience the seller. If you don't receive your exact amount back in a ridiculously short amount of time, call the police in their area and start screaming fraud.

Comment

No. Dig in your heels, Joe; the completed auction is binding. We got that other fukkhead to give it up!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Is this the item #?

Comment

I say screw the politically correct route...don't wait for him/her to explain....air it out in public [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

This needs to be brought to the attention of the entire JCF community.

As far as the Ebay thing...your winning bid was a legal binding agreement, he is bound to that...if you sue he will be responsible for expenses, court costs etc.

Just really ****ty it had to happen to you. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

God damn that sucks man. Maybe these truly are the devil's guitars, so much backstabbing happens over them. It's a real shame there is no common courtesy anymore.

Comment

I'm with LPC. Backdooring the guitar while the auction is going on by making a legitimate offer is one thing but undermining someone else's winning bid is another entirely. Post the names so we can all avoid these jerks in the future.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Wonder if this same person ended up with the GGF Soloist I had the deal sealed on??? I would really like to know.-Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Here she is/was.

Now, here's exactly what happened. I had seen this on eBay a few days ago. I decided to ask the seller for a "back door" deal on Saturday afternoon. In an AOL instant message, the seller agreed to a sale of $450 plus $35 shipping. I offered to pay up through PayPal. The seller wasn't familiar with that, so we spent AN HOUR setting up his account to accept my payment. In that HOUR we chatted and spoke about the history of the guitar and such. Finally, payment got into his account and he agreed to ship it Monday after he packed it for delivery Sunday.

Then, I get an email from a JCF member saying, "Congrats on the King V." How did this JCF member know I was the one who got the axe? There was no public sale knowledge, it was a back door deal. As far as eBay is concerned, there wasn't even a sale. But wait...

There's more. The seller emails me this morning and says he can't sell it. He claims it's got neck warping, fret wear, it's unplayable. He is sorry but he cannot sell it me, the deal's off. Now, why wouldn't he have disclosed this during the HOUR WE TALKED SATURDAY?! Why wouldn't he have disclosed this on the eBay auction?! I'll tell you why: the RAT told him $450 was too cheap of a sale, that's why! My money was in the seller's hands and he's being told by the RAT that the deal should be cancelled. So, the seller makes up this bs email and tells me the deal's off. What a crock.

No, I don't have my $ back either. But ask yourself the questions I have. How would the RAT know it was me who paid for the guitar? More importantly, why would the RAT talk the seller out of the deal even when the seller is still sitting on my $?! What a crock.
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Wow. I used to live in Amarillo (and my family still does). I wonder if I know the seller (the auction says the item is in Amarillo).

Comment

Joe -

IMO, and I don't use E-Bay much, what you did ought to be considered a "Buy Now". I don't see how the seller can pull-out without losing his account. That should be a binding contract. If it were me I'd run them both through the ringer. And damn bro, get your $$$ back! Good luck.
                          How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollin' Thunder:
                            Joe -

IMO, and I don't use E-Bay much, what you did ought to be considered a "Buy Now". I don't see how the seller can pull-out without losing his account. That should be a binding contract. If it were me I'd run them both through the ringer. And damn bro, get your $$$ back! Good luck.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well.. I wouldn't exactely say that.. Back dooring a deal is against Ebay rules, but it's done all the time.. I'm a firm believer that if you see something that you really want, back door it if at all possible!! If you don't, somebody else will.. There is a certain 750XL on ebay right now that I've been trying to do this with and the guys damn email address is screwed with ebay and keep getting my emails returned!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] But that's the way it goes.. And I'm sure I'm probably not the only one who's tried it with this 750XL too... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] So if anyone here sees this and managed to get ahold of the guy, if you not gonna take it.. GIVE ME HIS FREEKIN' EMAIL ADDRESS!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That being said, I think that Joe is doing the right thing by withholding the guys name until he's sure this guy is the one that queered the deal for him.. it would do no good to bring somebodies name into this and turn loose the wolves on him, only to find out later that maybe he didn't have anything to do with it.. Albeit that it seems pretty "coincidental" to me that the guy knew he bought it before there was any "public" record of the deal.. Regardless, there has seemed to be alot of this going around lately and I have to say that it's really getting old... I for one believe in integrity and doing the right thing and whether you realize it or not, it takes at least two people to queer a deal like this.. the "RAT" and the seller that wants to be greedy.. Both are just as guilty in my opinion!!

God have mercy on this poor seller after the JCF "lynch mob" get done emailing this poor smuck!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But he deserves what he gets!! JMHO, and that's all it is..

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, I've thought about this since the last episode of "As the eBay Turns" last aired on this channel...

If the rat is exposed, what good is it really going to do? Said rat will be shunned by this community but the rat will continue daily life.

Then think about this. Maybe the rat's nose is a little out of joint by being shunned, what's to say that the rat wouldn't continue these same antics out of spite?

So I put it to you, what can we necessarily do?
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Banish the rat...take away it's home [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X