No announcement yet.

picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all you guys who think the jazz III's are slippery... I just got two packs of the eric johnson's Jazz III and I must say there seems to be subtle differences which are for good. First, it feels a slightly thinner. I always thought the Jazz III's were a little too fat for my tastes. Second, its much grippier than the Jazz III's. Third, its got that lil gritty feel and sound that the jazz III's dont. they still have a warm,fat sound, yet that grippy, gritty and all that. So far, its just been two days and I still havent practised on a hot sweaty afternoon, but I like it so far.
    Sam

Comment

I used Dunlop Stubby 3 mmm.

'90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
      '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
      '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
      '92 Fender Strat scallop
      '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
      '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

you can try drillling holes in where the fingers grip.
        This and sandpaper...anything else is practice.

Once you can hold them, you can choose piks by there sound...
        '97 KV1 alder

Comment

cool. i play jazz III's and also at times thought they were a lil fat. i'll have to check out those new ones. i also use the small dunlop tortex sharps i cant remember the name of em.
          drill holes or go old school and carve a grid pattern where the finger grips.

Comment

Green Tortex here. I don't sweat on my fingers much though.
            Scott

Comment

Dunlop Tortex Jazz. Love that pointed tip!
              Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

Jazz IIIs for me
                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

umm, fingers
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

For a long time I would pretty much only use the Red Jazz III's, I wasn't particularly fond of the black ones. Within the past months I noticed I developed a weird picking technique, I pretty much pick with my thumb and wrist, as opposed to just wrist, it's kind of odd; but I noticed that I would really try choking the jazz III's off even more, and sometimes my hand would just be so fucking tense!

I had happen to have a Dunlop Sharp (1.35mm) lying around and decided to give that a try. What a fucking difference it made, everything is still as clear as they were with the Jazz III, the tone is 10 times better, it doesn't sound like I pick sooo incredibly soft anymore, and I feel like I have way more control over my playing now!

So..Outside of the story... Dunlop Sharps (1.35mm)..
                    Originally posted by horns666
                    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Dont the tortex wear out faster than the nylons? I mean, in a short while, will the tip become blunt? therefore defeating the very purpose of using the sharp tip?
                      Last edited by emperor_black; 09-11-2008, 02:16 PM.
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                        So..Outside of the story... Dunlop Sharps (1.35mm)..
                        +1 , I use these to, great pics!

Comment

+2 Purple sharps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
                            Jazz IIIs for me
                            Do you use the wee little red ones? I do. After using them for so long other picks just seem too big when I use them.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Gator 1.5's, awsome
                              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                                Dont the tortex wear out faster than the nylons? I mean, in a short while, will the tip become blunt? therefore defeating the very purpose of using the sharp tip?

They manage to last quite a while, I'm sure there are other picks that have a longer lifespan, but whatever.
                                Originally posted by horns666
                                The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Working...
                                X