Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blasting caps.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Termites will do the trick. They work for food too.

Comment

Termite grenades? yeah good idea =)
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Dremel. You're gonna have alot more control and precision, I think, if you go with the Dremel.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Well, I have a drill press, a dremel, a cordless drill, a hammer drill, a forstner bit, and a bunch of different sized drill bits. I ain't spending any more money on this guitar. You guys did see the picture right?

Right now I'm thinking the forstner bit in the drill press to do the major "routing" and then clean it up with the dremel.

This is *not* going to be pretty.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

f
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                f
                Very insightful. I had not thought of that approach.

- Newc

Comment

"Mind Bullets" ie mental telepathy

Before you use anything, put masking tape over the paint before you start - minimizes chipping.
                  edit **I guess the stickers will take care of that, nevermind**
                  Last edited by 442w30; 03-03-2007, 10:33 PM.
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    Well, I have a drill press, a dremel, a cordless drill, a hammer drill, a forstner bit, and a bunch of different sized drill bits. I ain't spending any more money on this guitar. You guys did see the picture right?

Right now I'm thinking the forstner bit in the drill press to do the major "routing" and then clean it up with the dremel.

This is *not* going to be pretty.
                    Ah man, I thought you were going to do a state-of -the art restoration complete with WWII graphics! Bummer!
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Jack Hammer? Just get a good set of woodworker's tools and have at it. It's really tough to put back the wood that was not supposed to be gone.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        Jack Hammer? Just get a good set of woodworker's tools and have at it. It's really tough to put back the wood that was not supposed to be gone.
                        Although with this guitar, an additional sticker or two over top of any screw ups would mask most wood butchery.

I'm sure it'll go just fine. The masking tape idea is a good one however, I use it all the time.

Comment

I'm all about the drilling it out a bit, cleaning it up with chisel or dremel. Try a side with each then see what you like better!

Comment

> It's really tough to put back the wood that was not supposed to be gone.

If you're going to repaint it, you can fix it with wood filler or fiberglass resin. Be sure to use enough primer though, because they absorb paint differently than the wood and the finish won't look uniform.
                            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                              > It's really tough to put back the wood that was not supposed to be gone.

If you're going to repaint it, you can fix it with wood filler or fiberglass resin. Be sure to use enough primer though, because they absorb paint differently than the wood and the finish won't look uniform.
                              Repaint it? :ROTF:

You're not following along very well

- Newc

Comment

If you chip out too much , just use a bandaid. Take out the cotton and use it like a sticker.

Comment

Working...
                                X