new project w/pix suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new project w/pix suggestions please

ok, I just have one question. How much you going to be charing me to do mine? [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Looks great bro, kinda makes wanna experiment. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I missed this thread earlier, but read all of it now and I gotta say that you've done an absolutely amazing job! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I simply love the look of it! I think just about everyone that reads the thread wants to do something like this themselves, including me! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Can't wait to see the finished guitar!

Anders
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I must agree. Looks great! =)

Comment

Originally posted by RR_1525:
          ok, I just have one question. How much you going to be charing me to do mine? [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Looks great bro, kinda makes wanna experiment. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually I was thinking of doing a tutorial on the web using this guitar as the example especially since I have LOTS more pictures that I didn't post here.......if enough people show some interest I'll put one out there to help people out that want to take this on,there are a couple out there,but I got so much more information I think anyways that just isn't in any of the others.

I also sparked an idea up with a bolt-on rhoads,that may or may not happen,depends if I can find a nice body for cheap enough... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Any pics of this project now that it's complete??

Comment

Originally posted by Krash D Party:
              Any pics of this project now that it's complete??
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow,this thread came back to life [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              It's not complete yet,I just finished painting the back and spraying the guitar with sealer.I royally screwed up my tape line so I has to sand back the black paint on the edges and do some touch ups as well.This weekend I'll be sanding the sealer then starting on the first coats of laquer.Even if all goes well this won't be done for another couple of months or so [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

BUT! This weekend I did pick up another dinky that needs to be refinished,I haven't yet decided what I want to do to it yet but most likely I will start on that one while the laquer on the purple guitar cures.

Comment

I brought it back!
                I was looking for your progress pics because I'm thinking of doing a body veneer like you did.
                Not because of damage, just want a nice top so I can see some cool grain.
                I needed some inspiration!

Comment

I brought it back!
                  I was looking for your progress pics because I'm thinking of doing a body veneer like you did.
                  Not because of damage, just want a nice top so I can see some cool grain.
                  I needed some inspiration!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm working on putting up a website with the progress and all but my work is kicking my ass right now [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Good luck with your project,post pics when you get it going! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

There are alot of people here that have plenty of knowledge about this type of project,so I say ask as many questions before you take it on.I think that really lessens the chance of something going wrong,when in doubt trust people with experience.

Comment

I have been doing guitar repair for what seems like my whole life....the nice thing about doing a veneer.... if you mess it up you can always sand it off and start over.

Comment

I have been doing guitar repair for what seems like my whole life....the nice thing about doing a veneer.... if you mess it up you can always sand it off and start over.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True,but I would rather spend the time doing something else,like maybe getting laid [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I would hate to get this far to start over again,I swear I have spent double,triple,maybe even more of the time thinking about how to do it than actually doing it.
                      I would rather make my mistakes on a piece of scrap than a guitar it took hours to prep.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
                        DO THE NEXT ONE IN HOT PINK!!!!!!!!!!!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Good damn job bro!! I've been keeping track of your progress and it's coming along nicely! I can't wait to see the finished product. What type of clear coat are you going to use?
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                            Good damn job bro!! I've been keeping track of your progress and it's coming along nicely! I can't wait to see the finished product. What type of clear coat are you going to use?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm using nitro laquer...here's the test piece from above with about 75% of the laquer coats on it...I couldn't get a good shot of the gloss since my camera sucks but you get the general idea:

Comment

Holy crap!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I don't know how I ever missed this thread. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Anyway, that looks awesome. Love the color. Great job!!!!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

DO THE NEXT ONE IN HOT PINK!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                                X