Fun with Bondo!! ...Rhoads project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fun with Bondo!! ...Rhoads project

Got it cleared today. I used Omni urethane, one light coat, flash for 10 minutes, then 3 wet coats 5 minutes apart. This is right out of the booth, so it still needs to be color sanded and buffed. I'll do that tommorow. The EMG, OFR, and the rest of the hardware are on the way. I'll wait until it's completely done and set up for the finished pics.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Mannnnnnnnn, that looks so intense. You are amazing at this! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Whoa!! That's looking great [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Great Googlie-mooglie! That is beautiful! You, my friend, are an artist in your field. I especially like the fact that you supplies us with the order and timeframe of things. Certainly is informative for someone aspiring to do this sort of stuff, like myself. I cna't wait for the end product! Keep it comin'!!!
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow... Looking pretty amazing man, great job.

Comment

OK, the plan has changed. Looks like we're also doing white bevels on the back! Wish me luck! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                More to come........

Comment

Nah. You don't NEED the luck, when you gots da mojo! I'm still trying to figure out how to get a wrap-around snakeskin print, using fishnetting, while maintaining a consistancy around the horns and cutaways! Sheesh! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

Oh man, looks awesome so far! That's so cool, making a cheap looking import into something as nice as that. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                    -Janne

Comment

go check out his cars!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

More pics! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Anyhoo, I got the rear bevels done (thanks a bunch Jack [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]). I sanded the whole body with 600 grit wet, cleaned it, masked and painted the rear bevels. Here she is ready to be rolled in for another clear coat.

Today I re-sanded the clear, and got it all buffed out. I use 1200 grit dry, followed by 2000 wet, then compound and a sponge pad. After that I use Meguiars Hi Tech yellow wax by hand. The bottle in the pic is just to show a reflection. It was a cloudy day so I even got an outside pic. It's hard to photo black very well, but the finish looks a mile deep! I love urethane.....paint today, buff tommorow, string her up, and PLAY!! Fuck lacquer! [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Incredible [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            More pics! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Anyhoo, I got the rear bevels done (thanks a bunch Jack [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

*hehe* [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

great job dude, i cant fuckin wait
                            [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude, this project is killer! I can't wait to see the fianl results. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

WOW. So you jump straight from 1200 to 2000, huh? Sweet. Everything looks primo, dude. The neck pocket looks factory, from where I sit. God, I hope my project turns out at least HALF as nice as THIS one!
                                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                                X