Fun with Bondo!! ...Rhoads project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fun with Bondo!! ...Rhoads project

i took mark's evercoat suggestion and have never looked back. i prefer it to bondo, but that's how i roll, yo. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Wow thats amazing! Great work!

Comment

damn dude. that is so frigging awesome. i wish i had the skill and patience for that stuff. very good work bro. congrats. your hard wokr paid off very well. beautiful axe.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          i took mark's evercoat suggestion and have never looked back. i prefer it to bondo, but that's how i roll, yo. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, am I right? Is it more like a light poly fill, not as thick, and bulky as bondo? And which one did you use? Prepping to purchase. Wanna get the right one. From what I read on Evercoat's sight, I would think that the Formula 27 would be the right one, this time, as I am down to bare wood. Do you concur?
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Yo, MM2002!
            Got a scenario for ya: I have a neck pocket that is more flat than round. I plan on taking a tip from you, and fill the "dead zone" in, much the same way you have done with this Rhodes, and that, to me IS the way to go. Now the real question: The body is just about all the way down to bare wood. I have some slight surface gouges on this body, from the previous owner, especially on the front top surface. Is something so minore better left up to the Evercoat, or should I tend to it with the bondo. If I'm not mistaken, the Evercoat is a lighter-grade poly fill, is it not? And since it would be applied to the bare wood, would the same type of everclear you used, be the right choice, or would I go with their Formula 27, or something like that? Just want to make the right choices on the foundation, the FIRST time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its RHOADS!!!!!!!!!!! Just a heads up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, yeah. Okay, I typo'd! LOL.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                And since it would be applied to the bare wood, would the same type of everclear you used, be the right choice, or would I go with their Formula 27, or something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why you thought I used everclear on this project. I was drinking Makers!! Good bourbon is always best for guitar work. (Gin and tonics work too.)
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

LOL. Man, I'm batting a thousand, tonight. I meant Evercoat.
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

You're batting a thousand???? Look at me...I just became Chicken Little!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        You're batting a thousand???? Look at me...I just became Chicken Little!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think Mark is drinking some makers as we speak [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

whoa! truely badass! your first round of pics reminded me of the ESPee Truckster, but still cooler.

I never really gave bevels a thought, until now.

I've always dreamed of filling the gaping trem hole in my KV3 and turning it into a fixed bridge. I like the trans red finish, but after seeing your project, I'm not so attached anymore.
                          www.WarCurse.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think Mark is drinking some makers as we speak [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think he might've had a bit much, cause notice he never actually answered my question. Alchies get easily sidetracked..............wait, what was I saying......... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Its RHOADS!!!!!!!!!!! Just a heads up

[/ QUOTE ]

It's It's!!! Just a heads up [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Man you sniff 'em out huh Ron!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X