• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also, why not a kv2?

Comment

Originally posted by Yash View Post
      k, i'll check jcf classifields for kv1, but i cant customize here
      and the lsr's look pretty cool to me, can you tell me about their stability ? and stuff
      You're not going to get the LSR's because they are out of business, and have been for quite some time. They are great tuners, but no more. His first KV1's didn't have LSR's anyway. Actually they were only on them for a few years. I seem to remember someone around here ordered an exact Mustaine KV1 replica not too long ago from the custom shop and got it to fly. I think it was Brian. I seem to remember all he did was not mention the Mustaine name. You still can get the Kahler bridge, I have one coming on my new GMP. Like everyone has said the neck profile is the speed neck. Good luck.
      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by neptoess View Post
        also, why not a kv2?
        Because it has a floyd, and Dave mainly used a fixed bridge.
        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

@sausageofpwer

I've seen that work order before.....
          I'm quite confused about neck shapes... and i dont know a thing about necks coz i am pretty inexperienced, just played for around a year and that too not very seriously coz i have some exams and tough studies goin on

currently dave's got a d-shaped necks in his deans. i dont know wat he had in the late 80s or early 90s

and i havnt got any chance to try the necks..... i'll try to find a mustaine sig dean around( its tough coz i live in india)

and the jackson website iz having the following neck backshapes in the custom order form
          -Classic - 735-825 (i think this is the thinnest)
          -Speed - 775-835
          -Standard - 790-850 ..... could you please explain me wat all this means

Q.wat's up with the radius, there are tons of them in the order form

and i will certainly tweak a lot...... coz i'm not dave, i just think his guitar will provide a kinda base for my order

and what's up with the wire u are saying
          btw thanks for the ans.
          There are rumors that Dave won a spelling bee contest back in '75 though...

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
            Because it has a floyd, and Dave mainly used a fixed bridge.
            Dave has used tune-o-matics, bc rich quads, kahler both fixed and trem, and floyds. and http://www.axcessories.com/products.asp?cat=103 it's 10 us dollars and some work with a screwdriver to make a floyd rose a functionally fixed bridge. Dave also used a mahogany bich then switched to his poplar or alder jacksons. now he's using mahogany. so really the kv2 is going to be the best off the shelf guitar to get you closest to mustaine-land if you dont buy one of his signature guitars

Comment

and the real big thing to remember here is that no matter what mustaine actually used, the OP has never used a kahler. They are very different than floyds, and cost alot more. Material-wise, they're pretty similar though. You'll still get mustaine tone if you play like mustaine. As I've said before. You could give dave

and

and it'd sound like Dave

Comment

I think what you are missing is that his original post was about ordering a Jackson KV to Mustaines specs with a Kahler 3300 or 3310 bridge. A KV2 has a trem, and it really doesn't matter how he plays, or how dave mustaine plays, that isn't a fixed bridge. It also doesn't matter what mustaine has played in his entire career because I think the OP was quite clear in what he was looking for. A KV2 would give him the neck shape, to try out, but as he said he doesn't have that luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                  I think what you are missing is that his original post was about ordering a Jackson KV to Mustaines specs with a Kahler 3300 or 3310 bridge. A KV2 has a trem, and it really doesn't matter how he plays, or how dave mustaine plays, that isn't a fixed bridge. It also doesn't matter what mustaine has played in his entire career because I think the OP was quite clear in what he was looking for. A KV2 would give him the neck shape, to try out, but as he said he doesn't have that luxury.
                  In that case he should get a KV Pro/KV1 or get a custom shop built to KV2 specs. TB-4 bridge L-500XL neck. Kahler 3300. Alder or poplar with maple neckthru. Ebony board. 6105/King V frets. MOP fins. KV2/Speed neck profile. That's Mustaine's early Jackson. You can do the LSR tuners but as long as the damn tuning peg moves it works. Later KV1s had regular Jackson tuners anyway as LSR went out of business. Only inconsistency really is the KV Pro had a Jackson bridge pickup even though Mustaine was using JBs in all of his.

Here's the specs organized.
                  products specs Body
                  Body Shape: King V™
                  products specs Neck
                  Number of Frets: 24
                  Fret Size: Medium Frets
                  Position Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Shark Fin Inlays
                  Fretboard Radius: 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
                  Headstock Binding: Binding on Headstock
                  Fretboard: Ebony
                  Neck Material: Neck-Thru-Body Quartersawn Maple
                  Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
                  Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
                  Neck Binding: Bound Fingerboard
                  products specs Electronics
                  Pickup Configuration: H/H
                  Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB4 Humbucking Bridge Pickup
                  Neck Pickup: Bill Lawrence L-500XL (The Bill & Becky ones are better than the Bill Lawrence USA ones.)
                  Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
                  Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
                  products specs Hardware
                  Hardware: Black
                  Bridge: Kahler 3300
                  Tuning Machines: Die-Cast Tuners
                  String Nut: Standard black plastic
                  Switch Tip: Black Switch Tip
                  products specs Miscellaneous
                  Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
                  products specs Accessories
                  Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Jackson® Molded Case
                  Included Accessories: Deluxe Jackson® Molded Case
                  Control Knobs: Black Knurled
                  Last edited by neptoess; 04-03-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I'm quite confused about neck shapes... and i dont know a thing about necks coz i am pretty inexperienced, just played for around a year and that too not very seriously coz i have some exams and tough studies goin on
                    On second thought, being that you've only been playing a year, I'd really recommend not buying a custom shop. Your tastes change and you start to realize certain features are anatomically better or feel better for you. I know my preferences now are way different than when I had only been playing for a year

Comment

I would recommend something like a KVXT or a KVXMG though. They play great, have good pickups, and will really get you oriented with the King V style of guitar. After a year or so of serious playing, you'll start nitpicking what you do/don't like about it. There's nothing worse than getting a custom shop guitar and not liking it.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                        I don't think you can get them to do the Angel of Deth graphic for your Custom Shop. If I were you, I'd just find an old beat to shit KV1 or KV Pro, (both Mustaine signatures), and get a renowned artist like Mike Learn to paint it, either the dragon graphic or the *sigh* Angel of Death graphic. It'd be way cheaper in the long run, and much more plausible.
                        +1

Comment

I've got another idea, i could get two deans, dean mab1 armorflame and dean vmnt angel of deth
                          those two guitars would give me pretty good experience of stuff, pretty contrasting guitars, alder/maple and mahagony/mahogany wood combo, emgs/duncans, but both are active, and both are bolt-ons
                          and the bridge wud be floyd/tone pros string through, so no kahler
                          and it'd save me money, and i love soloists,
                          but what i wont get is a compound radius neck
                          plus i'll save some money

BUT I STILL KEEP COMING BACK TO JACKSONS
                          I wish i could find a kv1 or kv pro.... then i'd buy a soloist, either the dean or a jackson cs

wat do u guys say ????

Comment

i would say if you want jackson, get jackson. they make a broad enough range of guitars that anyone can find one they like. for you id say kvxt if you dont want a trem, kvxmg if you do. they have great necks, and can be had new for a pretty low price

Comment

i dont know, gettin confused right now, but i wont get a kvxt, thats for sure
                              and, when i buy stuff this time, i wont get anything for probably two years or more

By the way, just wanna tell you of my new score today, i got a free Guitarmasterclass.net membership for 6 months and got a mentor, YAY !!!!
                              Now my guitar playings gonna get better

Comment

ive been selftaught since i started. cyberfret helps with learning new techniques like sweeping. if it helps though more power to you. also, whats your favorite mustaine solo?
                                Last edited by neptoess; 04-04-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X