X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yash View Post
    I think the best deal would be to go with KV1
    If not, KVXT, mod on it, I'll try and make it my 'Frankenstrat' and then CS
    By the way, on a side note, I LOVE SOLOISTS !!!
    Once I know wat i like and wat not, I'll get a CS soloist with flames finish and flames inlays...
    the CS will do it, right ???
    The custom shop can do a soloist with flames and flame inlays.

Comment

• The custom shop can do it, now will they do it right... thats another question and another thread
      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

• Originally posted by veemagic View Post
        The custom shop can do it, now will they do it right... thats another question and another thread
        very true

Comment

• Originally posted by Yash View Post
          Wat's an Apu voice ????
          Apu Nahasapeemapetilon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apu_Nahasapeemapetilon

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by neptoess View Post
            really i love all of them from the first 4-5 albums, but playing wise i love playing the wake up dead solos. of course in my darkest hour and the outro solos in hangar 18 and holy wars stick out. also, if you cant play the rhythm to holy wars, learn it. that song is unbelievably fun to play
            I was jamming to holy wars today, I didnt know how to play it exactly, but was pretty close, and YES, it was absolutely fun, I enjoyed playing and singing during holy wars, but the punishment due was a bit tougher to sing and play

Comment

• UPDATE : Getting this axe and modding it. Sincen I can't find a KV1

http://www.cmcguitars.com/Jackson-US...-v-kv2-sbd.htm

Here are the mods

- Duncan Jazz in the neck (add $75)

- The Custom Electronics I mentioned

5 Way Blade switch (add $10), positions are
              1. Bridge Humbuker, 2. Bridge Single Coil mode (coil tap), 3.Bridge and Neck Pickups, 4.Neck Single Coil mode (coil tap), 5.Neck Humbucker

Knob Controls
              Master Volume, with push-pull for additional gain boost (add $50)
              Mid Boost, pushed down to be engaged and pulled up for off, EMG SPC (What would be other function to the push pull I can assign, any ideas) (add $50)
              Master Tone, with push pull for phase splitter (add $20)

- A Killswitch (didnt tell me the price for this)

- Floyd Upgrades like trem stop and some other stuff the guy mentioned from http://www.floydupgrades.com. Not getting the Kahler, would charge $250 for that.

He's taking $300 for all the modding and setting up everything.

Questions

1. Should I change to the Planet Waves or Sperzel tuners or stick with the stock ones ?

Any other nice mods you'd like to recommend, shoot 'em.

Comment

• I recommend you don't buy a $2500+ guitar since you've only been playing a year.
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

• I read this thread almost 5 years later... Haha.. That was fun. Lots of cool info, and stuff I now understand.

PS - I got a 2013 KV Pro. With Floyd and EMG's. Love it. Next stop - getting a Mustaine KV1 or KV Pro. Or, even a Korina... I'd still really love to try a Kahler... And it's nowhere to be found even in Russia.

Anyway, I don't know if it's fine putting it here or not. But, did Dave's guitars have a 5 way switch or a 3 way? I've seen information that's says either way.

Comment

• Dave's personal guitars or the KV1 model? My KV1 is three-way. I'd love to find a Korina one too - good luck with that quest. They seem to go for serious money. As for the Kahler, it's not a trem - it's just a fixed-bridge but I suspect you know that already.
                    Last edited by Sanctuary; 02-08-2017, 03:05 AM. Reason: Been caught buttering
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                      Dave's personal guitars or the KV1 model? My KV1 is three-way. I'd love to find a Korina one too - good luck with that quest. They seem to go for serious money. As for the Kahler, it's not a trem - it's just a fixed-bridge but I suspect you know that already.
                      Both I always thought the KV1 is 5 way blade. I know it's a fixed bridge. I would really want a KV1 and also some kind of Jeff Hanneman or Kerry King guitar for trying out the trem.

Comment

• Yash,
                        If you are still looking, there is a silver custom shop KV1 on ebay, and the seller is in Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
                          Yash,
                          If you are still looking, there is a silver custom shop KV1 on ebay, and the seller is in Russia.
                          Yeah, I saw that. Been seeing that listing for quite a few years. But, the price is too high, and he won't lower the price at all. So, that's out of the question. And, I'd prefer a black one. Or a KV Pro in Sunburst. There is one on Reverb, I almost bought it, but Indian banks and high taxes made it impossible for me to buy it.

Comment

• love my KV1

Comment

Working...
                            X