Ibanez Reissue RG770DX Laser Blue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
    Slight derail..I've been jonesing for an RG for a while, bit I don't understand the model numbers . As far as I can work out, the higher the number the better the model? (eg RG770 better than RG550?), I have seen some pretty cool looking RG's on ebay at decent prices, but don't know if it's a bottom feeder or not
    Out of the old ones, the 550s on up were made in Japan and are superior and have the edge trem . The differences tween the 550, 570,770 are mainly cosmetic. Wizard neck, edge trem. 550-pickguard, 570 no guard, 770- clear guard, colored inlays.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Any pics of these from NAMM (assuming they are there)?
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Wow, the amount filler round the inlay in the last link is pretty grim...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks, those weren't up when I checked a few days ago.
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              Wow, the amount filler round the inlay in the last link is pretty grim...
              That's worse than most cheapo budget guitars...WTF are thinking doing poor inlay work like that on a high end piece?

Comment

thats is quite a shit load of filler :S

Comment

Is that filler or clear plastic? It looks to me like the inlays are coloured paper inserts dropped into machined recesses in the fingerboard, which are then sealed with clear plastic covers.
                  Still a good guitar, I had a blue one back in the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                    Is that filler or clear plastic? It looks to me like the inlays are coloured paper inserts dropped into machined recesses in the fingerboard, which are then sealed with clear plastic covers.
                    Still a good guitar, I had a blue one back in the old days.

yeah they did look a little like a transfer of summin to me...would be a bitch to cut accurately i would imagine those things

Comment

Originally posted by mike-o View Post
                      The RG550's are a little cooler IMO, but these are right behind them. But the new Charvels dominate both!
                      you said it best BRO!
                      for $1000 i would much rather have this
                      way more bang for the buck !
                      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

From a technical standpoint, however, you do get 2 more frets on the Ibenhad, an extra pickup, more switching options and therefore more tonal variety, and a more intricate inlay design.
                        IMO the "bang for the buck" is related directly to features.

But the downside, IMO, is that you're getting an Ibanez
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

But the downside, IMO, is that you're getting an Ibanez

the prestiges are quite good though
                          I played this brand new out of the box RG2550z which is a RG prestige and it was friggin unbelievable for the $800(played and sounded like a $3000 axe) and the zr trem is the best ever! I almost bought it till i saw the newer charvels

look at this shit! this trem is technical!

Last edited by savage; 07-17-2008, 05:08 AM.
                          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

i had an rg 2610e with one pick up in it. I droped a duncan blackout in -killer guitar but I sold it to get my so cal

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                              I have the 770's on order if anyone wants to grab one.

Matt

How much??

Comment

Working...
                              X