No announcement yet.

floyded LP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epiphone makes a Floyd Rose equipped version of their Gothic Les Paul.

And they have done so for several years already, as you can tell by this picture, the Floyded Epi has a thinner body, I guess that makes sense seeing how one would have the rout away a lot of wood from the back to make a Floyd Rose fit an LP-style body.

Another company that have been making Les Pauls with Floyd Roses for years is Fernandez, their Burny range features a couple of Les Paul Custom style solids with Floyd Rose Bridges and cool features such as the sustainer. Both Steve Hackett (Genesis) and Robert Fripp (King Crimson) use those as their main guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
      Epiphone makes a Floyd Rose equipped version of their Gothic Les Paul.[/IMG]
      Not anymore. They also did the Goth Flying V and Eplorer with a Floyd, but it was only for one year.
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

They make a Alpine White one.
        http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...olo?sku=519398
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
          This is probably off topic, maybe but I've wondered for a while what a ES335 type with a Floyd would be like, Ibanez actually made one, I can't be arsed to research it, any one the model?
          I dunno about the Ibanez but Yamaha came out with a guitar like that for Wes Borland:

http://www.yamaha.com/guitars/produc...25253D,00.html
          I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey you guys I can't believe we forgot about another Les Paul styled guitar with a Floyd.

And I guess the ESP KH3 must be the best known Floyded LP out there.

And earlier versions even had a matching body outline.
            Last edited by Blazer; 01-28-2008, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I never counted those as LP with Floyds just for the fact they are not made of mahogany.
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

That KH headstock is ghastly.
                Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
                  That KH headstock is ghastly.
                  But it's also a nod to one of Hammet's first Gibsons: a melody maker.

Comment

Reading John Entwistle's guitar collection book there's a Les Paul standard in there with a locking nut and what looks like a Kahler on it.

It's a 1960 std...
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                      Reading John Entwistle's guitar collection book there's a Les Paul standard in there with a locking nut and what looks like a Kahler on it.

It's a 1960 std...
                      Yeah but don't forget that back then there was no such thing as a vintage guitar. Entwistle probably thought that that Lester was a perfect canidate for a Kahler because it was "Just an old guitar, no harm done."

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                        Yeah but don't forget that back then there was no such thing as a vintage guitar. Entwistle probably thought that that Lester was a perfect canidate for a Kahler because it was "Just an old guitar, no harm done."
                        Nope, he said he got it to save ware on his '59!

I wish I was rich and what a way to go, coked off your tits with a lady of ill repute! My hewo...
                        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Here's some more shots of the Floyded LPs:

And here is the Alex Lifeson Sig ES-355 which I'm surprised no one mentioned:

Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I was excited about the Floyded Les Paul until I realized it was non-floating...basically a glorified Wolfgang.

Comment

Originally posted by Devnor View Post
                              I was excited about the Floyded Les Paul until I realized it was non-floating...basically a glorified Wolfgang.
                              Huh? I wouldn't exactly call it that.

It's not routed as deep as some, but I think there's at least some pull up. Plus it's a Les Paul.
                              Last edited by JDouglee; 02-02-2008, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Looks like that Silverburst has some up-routing. Placement of the controls is what bothers me.

Look at the way that guy is "fondling" the horn of the SG in the background...
                                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                                X