No announcement yet.

floyded LP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LP's with floyds? bleh. Doesn't suit them at all.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Personally I think the Floyded LPs look killer. I think there is a market out there for them (even if it is a small one) and I think Gibson realized this too.
      I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
        Doesn't look like Gibson can setup a guitar correctly either or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

They actually just may intonate perfectly fine. I, as well as at least one other forum member, have had Floyds where the saddles were in a straight line and had perfect intonation. It does look weird, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's mine
          Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

I love that guitar!! What's the history on it? Custom? Is the floyd after market? Did you black it out yourself?

Comment

Well, it looks kinda odd, but not as bad as a Bigsby - and the OFR will stay in tune!

MD's and TUO's actually look pretty cool. The blacked out hardware looks tough. I bet one of those "Raw Power" Les Pauls with a black OFR would look pretty cool.

Comment

The Floyds in the NAMM photos look like the are pitched back where MD's look flush to the body. I would like to have a LP style Mahogany guitar with a Floyd.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by joshulator View Post
                  I love that guitar!! What's the history on it? Custom? Is the floyd after market? Did you black it out yourself?
                  1989 Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite with factory floyd . Was originally cherryburst which didn't go well with the black hardware IMO . Professionally refinished in nitrocellulose sp? black . Bill Lawrence factory pickups .
                  Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

I like that silver burst alot more than I thought (although I guess I have always had a thing for the silverburst).
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Personally I don't think the trem suits the guitar. Something just doesn't look right to me. But to each their own.
                      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I'll have some of these if anyone is interested.
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

This is probably off topic, maybe but I've wondered for a while what a ES335 type with a Floyd would be like, Ibanez actually made one, I can't be arsed to research it, any one the model?

Comment

You might be thinking of the Kramer Nightrider. I recently got one in trans Black. Slightly neck-heavy, as expected, but otherwise pretty neat.
                            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                              These are Custom Shop guitars. I happen to know of a Gibson Custom Shop dealer if anyone needs info!

Matt's Music Center
                              35 Pleasant St
                              Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                              781-335-0700
                              www.mattsmusic.com
                              I recently called the Gibson custom shop because I wanted a custom Floyded Nighthawk made and they told me they don't make one offs anymore. I thought that was what custom shops did? Anyways I told them I would spend my cash elsewhere and they didn't seem to care...
                              Last edited by NunoSoWylde; 01-23-2008, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Were there any non-Floyd LP Axcess guitars displayed? I see on the Gibson custom shop website that they've got both Floyd & traditional TOM versions, in both Standard and Custom. Curious to see pics and get specs on the TOMs.

Comment

Working...
                                X