Summer NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
    I had hopes Jackson would get their headstocks out of their ass and start putting OFR's on proffesionals and MG series guitars.
    I am currently trying to open a new store in Dothan Al, but for the first time I don't feel Jackson or Charvel have what it takes to go up against the Ibanez, ESP, Dean and Schecter dealers around Here.
    I am hoping to be a full dealer with out a $100,000 investment for guitars that don,t turnover from overpricing.
    Every store I have run has become a Jackson dealer and done well.
    Here's to hoping my dreams come true.
    the jackson trems are brilliant on the proseries line i dont see why they would need to change them

its all just snobery
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
      I had hopes Jackson would get their headstocks out of their ass and start putting OFR's on proffesionals and MG series guitars.
      I am currently trying to open a new store in Dothan Al, but for the first time I don't feel Jackson or Charvel have what it takes to go up against the Ibanez, ESP, Dean and Schecter dealers around Here.
      I am hoping to be a full dealer with out a $100,000 investment for guitars that don,t turnover from overpricing.
      Every store I have run has become a Jackson dealer and done well.
      Here's to hoping my dreams come true.

Well you wont get a dealership with FMIC talking about them like that..
      You think they dont read this forum?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
        I wonder if Dave's gonna dump Dean, even before releasing the E...Dean VHMT guitars to the market
        Here's to hoping!
        - Adam

Comment

From what I hear attendance is going to be VERY low at this show, many manufacturers aren't even going. I wouldn't be surprised if the Summer NAMM show is a thing of the past before too long.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

From what I've heard, there's not going to be anything particularly interesting from J/C - more Grover 'legacy' guitars with silly prices that no-one will buy, and some 'custom' Jacksons with artwork by the Fender artists (Pamelina etc). From what I've seen of their output, these will look like they've been painted by an 18 year old art student.... Jackson have DRL and ML, why do they need to Fenderise the graphics as well? I expect these will just be production models with graphics as well, so the underlying guitar won't be anything interesting.
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Any speculation on any new guitars? I wonder if they will officially announce / show the COW Mako seeing as I wouldnt even have known it existed if I hadnt gone to DCGL ( and then bought it ). That really surprised me that there has been nothing atleast that I have seen about it on the official site.

Their marketing/ hype machine is asleep at the wheel.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Matt.... Summer NAMM is something that brands feel "obligated" to do, but dont really put any effort into it... It's just not a big deal for them, and the hassle of doing a show just doesnt seem worth it to them. Winter NAMM is where it's at.

Matt may be right, that in the near future there wont even be a summer show.

Comment

Did anybody go? I need a Charvel status report.

Comment

Oh wow look the Jim Root Charvel tele became a Fender at the last minute. They relogoed the headstock spells mothball for Charvel. Look closely at the 12th fret spacing headstock and tuners and tell me it was not originally a Charvel.
                    http://www.electric-guitar-review.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                      Oh wow look the Jim Root Charvel tele became a Fender at the last minute. They relogoed the headstock spells mothball for Charvel. Look closely at the 12th fret spacing headstock and tuners and tell me it was not originally a Charvel.
                      http://www.electric-guitar-review.com/
                      Actually, I believe those were going to be Fenders to begin with. I read he got some Charvels and they had issues, so he went back to Fender awhile back.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                        You tell me how many $600-$800 guitars have OFRs please. As for Summer NAMM, I can't wait to see what little goodies are in store.
                        DUH
                        Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Floyd Rose $799.00
                        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                        A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                          Actually, I believe those were going to be Fenders to begin with. I read he got some Charvels and they had issues, so he went back to Fender awhile back.
                          Jims always been a Fender guy. He was doing Fender then when they relaunched the Charvel line he had them send him some because he loves the old San Dimas neck profile. They played nice and all but the last 3 they gave him were absolute dogs. I know, I was the one that had the task of trying to get them in playing shape. So that, plus the fact that they don't seem to know what to do with the Charvel line, made the decision easy...

He's always been a Fender guy. So this just makes sense. Can't wait to get my hands on one of those...
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
                            the jackson trems are brilliant on the proseries line i dont see why they would need to change them

its all just snobery
                            So the longevity and build of the OFR are just hype?
                            Show me the signiture model with a JT580LP and the picture of them using it for more than a smasher for the show.
                            If the OFR can't be done then bring on the Schaller LO PRO Floyd since licensed is cheaper supposedly

Comment

Originally posted by vwall guitars View Post
                              Well you wont get a dealership with FMIC talking about them like that..
                              You think they dont read this forum?????????
                              I,m sorry. I didn't know that Bush and Cheney ran FMIC.
                              Why don't you read the threads that constantly bring up QC issues with Jackson and Charvel. Then think about the importance of customer satisfaction in a new buisness. And they had issues before FMIC, so I doubt I was blackballed by FMIC for having a well founded gripe with the line based on your threads.
                              Critisism is designed to help raise the standard, not bash.
                              But I guess some De De De's are OK with a lower standard for the sake of not ruffling feathers.
                              No offence meant. Thought this was a free forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                                Jims always been a Fender guy. He was doing Fender then when they relaunched the Charvel line he had them send him some because he loves the old San Dimas neck profile. They played nice and all but the last 3 they gave him were absolute dogs. I know, I was the one that had the task of trying to get them in playing shape. So that, plus the fact that they don't seem to know what to do with the Charvel line, made the decision easy...

He's always been a Fender guy. So this just makes sense. Can't wait to get my hands on one of those...
                                I knew thats who I heard that from. As for the guitar, they look cool. Im hoping they won't be too pricey either (maybe $800 range?)

Comment

Working...
                                X