• Show
Clear All

That is truly a fuly guitar...
    Originally Posted by guitarsjb
    Get rid of the stupid dots!!
    +2

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      LOL He never played ESP before Jackson either, did he?
      yeah I knew my argument didn't make sense haha
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I'll take the Jackson King V any day over that!!! What are these going to be going for?

Comment

Originally posted by rattojack View Post
          I'll take the Jackson King V any day over that!!! What are these going to be going for?
          an arm and a leg?
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by rattojack View Post
            Roughly $3800 I think. Most of the high end limited editions are around $4k, and the import version might run around $999ish, again, just guessing based on the price of their other imports

Comment

The limited to 150 flame/quilt top is coming in three colors trans black trans red and trans amber and is selling for 3999.00. Not sure on the regular usa model though

Comment

Originally posted by Megalightning View Post
                I sure as hell hope that they change the inlays and put matching headstocks on the cheaper models. That headstock sure reminds me of B.C. Rich.
                In looking at the back page of the catalog, the import one has the same headstock shape and same inlays (including the 'dot'). Has black hardware. 25.5" scale 24 frets. Has Dave Mustaine Live Wire USA custom active pickups, dunlop flush mount straplocks, includes hardshell case. First 500 guitars to include Megadeth CD autographed by Dave Mustaine. Available in Silver and Black. Headstock has same Dean wing logo and also say s Dave Mustaine Signature just like the USA one.

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801 View Post
                  Roughly $3800 I think. Most of the high end limited editions are around $4k, and the import version might run around $999ish, again, just guessing based on the price of their other imports
                  Yup,

Quoted from a Dean dealer,

"Both guitars have V necks, classic dean neck feel, ebony fingerboards, are being built now, usa is $3899 import is $999
                  my orders are in and we expect them in 60 days or so."

Comment

China manufacture for the import as the razorback?

Comment

• This guitar is awful, the ESP looks great imo. You can't beat the Jacksons but damn thats just plain nasty. Dave, anything but this... Gibson, hell even something sick like being Ibanez endorsee.

The inlays are cack, the headstock is an abomination. I will be suprised if it does as well as the ESP models. But one thing you will know for certain is that it will play great.

As for the Custom Live wire set, doesn't appear to be any sign of them in the pics unless they actually are open coiled hums.. (to my knowledge they aint)

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalightning View Post
                        That headstock sure reminds me of B.C. Rich.
                        Except...BCR got it "right".

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

• The headstock looks very BC Rich to me too... +1 on BC Rich getting it right. Maybe if they make it a reverse design. The Inlays are wierd. I think they should have just put a Dean Shrimpfork headstock on it and called it a day... Not really diggin' it. I like the DV8 better but I am not a big fan of that one either so.... Anyway. Good luck to both Dean and Dave on making a lasting relationship.

Comment

• I can't call new Dave's sig ugly, but it's weird for sure...

On the other hand, what could Dean do? Dave used to play KV's and obvviously wants something that is basically KV. So there's Jackson KV, there's another version of KV from ESP, also Dean themselves already have a line of V's (rounded and pointy),. And now they have to build one more pointy V that should be similar to the original KV but a bit different from it and all other forementioned V's as well. Now that's a challenge.
                            Because I don't say it
                            Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

• Damn that guitar is ugly IMO... if anyone cares, haha!
                              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

• It's kinda cool in an ugly way

Comment

Working...
                                X