No announcement yet.

Rusty Cooley 7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, he's blindingly fast,but that video shows there's more to him than just playing legato. I was half excpecting his picking hand to start emitting smoke!
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
      Yeah, he's blindingly fast,but that video shows there's more to him than just playing legato. I was half excpecting his picking hand to start emitting smoke!

Comment

http://drumcityguitarland.com/inventory/images/2539.jpg
        looks pretty cool to me!

Comment

No tone knob, thats good. The fact that it doesnt have inlays bugs me a little bit. I also hope there will be some better colors, like...erm...black for example.

Comment

No tone knob, thats good. The fact that it doesnt have inlays bugs me a little bit. I also hope there will be some better colors, like...erm...black for example.
            yup , ferrari red etc isn't the most popular choice for guitars nowadays

Do you really think that the lack of the inlays would make it uncomfortable for you to play ??

To be honest I doubt it - most players after some time don't even look at the fretboard or look at the sidedots.

Comment

That's right. I had a BC Rich Kerry King some years ago, all it has is an inlay on the 12th fret. I was kinda worried about it first, but it wasn't a problem at all, besides it had sidedots just in case. Anyway, it wasn't a problem at all, and at that time I pretty much sucked, so I wouldn't worry about it max
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

You guys are right. I have a 7-string with no inlays and its not like I cant play on that thing. I just find it an unnecessary inconvenience.
                I seldomly look at the fretboard, but when I look, I want to reorient myself with a quick glance. Like when you do a large jump on the fretboard and you kind of look at the fretboard at an angle, that kinda confuses me.

Comment

Rusty's a dick. I would never buy his sig. He always has an "I'm better than you at guitar because I can shred 64th notes at 300bpm." attitude.

And sonicsamurai, you obviously know nothing of Dimebag Darrell.
                  My Main Rig:
                  '87 Charvel Model 4A
                  Peavey KB100 amp
                  Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                  '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                  '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                  '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                  '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                  '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Originally posted by chvl_91 View Post
                    Rusty's a dick. I would never buy his sig. He always has an "I'm better than you at guitar because I can shred 64th notes at 300bpm." attitude.

what the fuck? have you ever met the guy? he has no attitude like that at all, maybe you dont dig his playing, and thats cool, but hes definently not an asshole.

Being a student of his for a year now i can say that he is one of the most down to earth "Rockstars" out there, and is very humble about his playing. So i see no reason to why you say he has a "im better than you" attitude.
                    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

It may only be his playing that says that to me. I guess you know him better. Sorry for the false assumption.
                      My Main Rig:
                      '87 Charvel Model 4A
                      Peavey KB100 amp
                      Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                      '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                      '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                      '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

I corresponded emails with Rusty a few years back. I recall him being such a nice guy, and answered quite a few of my questions, and seemed quite humble when I praised his play.

You sir, should STFU before slandering someone you dont know!

Comment

I apologized, OK? He may be a nice guy, never met him.
                          My Main Rig:
                          '87 Charvel Model 4A
                          Peavey KB100 amp
                          Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                          '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                          '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                          '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_wint...ycooleysig.htm

Looks much better than in the video.

Comment

It may only be his playing that says that to me. I guess you know him better. Sorry for the false assumption.
                              I met him twice and he was a very laid back, down-to-earth, gracious dude.... was more than willing to talk gear

Comment

Yeah, I have had the pleasure to see and hold Rusty's new Dean guitars during their build stages. I was very impressed!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X