No announcement yet.

Rusty Cooley 7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol 'the greatest shredder of all' - yeah how many good songs did he ever write? uh none...totally talentless and widdly player

Dime's not strictly a shredder either, and he used them because he'd always used 'em to be fair...

Comment

Talentless? Yeah, sure. Play his shit. Go on.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

i can play speed kills..well most of it...but thats not the point...technical ability doesn't equal good....batio is all technical but nothing else no emotion and rarely much melody ....i can think of much better shredders namely jason becker, early marty friedman, paul gilbert, satch, vinnie moore, tony macalpine

Comment

No, no, you didn't specify "good". You specified talent. What Batio plays takes talent, and calling him talentless is a disservice to guitarists worldwide.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Come on guys.. We're all special in our own way!
            I do think that, regardless of what you think of MAB's playing/sense/choice of melody, or whatever, I think it would take a lot of practise to be able to pull it off as fast and smoothly as he does. When I say it like that it sounds like I'm talking about an athlete or something.. But seeing guitarplaying as a sport/contest (faster, stronger, higher) is a whole other discussion that doesn't belong in this here thread.. As far as I'm concerned anyway
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

i dont know why you all are so suprised about dean. They built him a guitar EXACTLY to his spec, no other company would do that for him. Hes told me on several occasions that hes never had a guitar that didnt have a problem playability wise for him. Either the cutaway was too short, or the frets wernt big enough, the neck not thin enough. Dean offered him to build his dream/perfect guitar, and thats why he went with them.
              www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Originally posted by guitar08man View Post
                Im a student of rusty's and he tells me that it will debut at winter namm 07.
                dude thats sooo cool.I'm jelous. hahahaaahhaah

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                  lol 'the greatest shredder of all' - yeah how many good songs did he ever write? uh none...totally talentless and widdly player

Dime's not strictly a shredder either, and he used them because he'd always used 'em to be fair...

Dont know much about dime, do ya?

Comment

btw. Anybody heard any rumours / semi-confirmed infos about pricing for those ?

Fingerboard is rosewood or ebony ? Bodywood is what ? OFR7 or a copy ? Made in Korea like the 79 series or in the US ?

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead View Post
                      btw. Anybody heard any rumours / semi-confirmed infos about pricing for those ?

Fingerboard is rosewood or ebony ? Bodywood is what ? OFR7 or a copy ? Made in Korea like the 79 series or in the US ?
                      not sure about the the actual specs, but i know there putting out a version with some really badass graphics. Kinda geiger-esque, but WAYYYYY cooler than the Ibanez.

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_j4Gsd7UmpM

ebony fretboard :-)

hopefully the binding will be white

seems like a badass guitar :-)

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead View Post
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=_j4Gsd7UmpM

hopefully the binding will be white
                          its pearloid, or whatever that stuff is.

Comment

7-string, dunlop 6000, ebony fretboard, emg707, ultra-thin neck...how cool is that? Cant wait to get one!!!

On a side-note
                            I love it how those whiners never fail to post another example of the perfect-technique-but-no-feeling cliche. Wherever somebody can play guitar, they are already there. What is it with people that they actively seek out guitar virtuoso videos/boards/whatever and try to explain to everybody why not being able to play guitar is the way to go.
                            It never came to me to spam the Eric Clapton forum with how he is way to slow and plays the same sh*t for what seems like 200 years. Weird!

Comment

Did you SEE the speed of his picking hand?
                              That guy's an alien, and I'm jealous cause I don't think I can ever get that fast. But, kudos to Rusty for doing his thing! He's an inspiration to many players out there today.
                              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Yeah, he has some fast picking. But I dont think picking is where he is best at, he seems to be more of a legato player when it comes to playing scales over a couple of strings - he's incredibly good at that. But mostly its those arpeggios that kill me, hahaha, insane stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X