• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roidster View Post
    ok im a noob here,but i have to say i own both bridges
    Floyd and a Kahler,IMO i find the Kahler far more superior,
    the only reason the Kahler died and dissappearedl,the japanese
    had made a knock off version of the bridge and were putting the Kahler name on it,Gary Kahler spent everything he had on lawyers,to stop the production of these knock off's,and it basicly bankrupted him and was no longer able to run his company,so the Kahler company fell wayside,i believe in 2004 Gary Kahler and Neal Moser got together to bring the company out of the Ashes,for a rebirth,the nice thing about a Kahler,is you dont have to router out so much wood to place the tremolo on,thus giving your guitar more tonal qualities to it,to get back on subject here
    i'll take any guitar with a reversed head stock and a Kahler ( as long as it a RR1 with 24 frets or a KellyStar,which Jackson stop making)

Sorry, but that is not the ONLY reason Kahlers died out. Kahler was still around for many years after that lawsuit with the Japanese copy.

#1 reason why Kahler went out: Floyd Rose made the smartest decision ever and let other companies make their own (much cheaper) Floyd licensed bridges. When that happened, all of a sudden every guitar company had their own Floyd Rose licensed tremolo on their guitars. Hell, even Kahler was making a Floyd Rose licensed copy tremolo!!!
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I'm not a big fan of reverse headstocks, but I'm a big Kahler fan. I'd like to try a new Kahler hybrid.

Comment

Considering Kahler is ramping up the Hybrid line (stud-mounts, 7 and 8 string versions are out!)...it should happen!
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Those pics have me wanting to order a 1 Hum Jackson with a Kahler Pro bad Short scale of course Jack.

Comment

reverse hs is my thing too. i really look for that as a key feature if i am going to buy now.

Comment

I love reversed headstock + full binding + floyd + maple fretboard
              Mayzan
              Webmaster Of www.MartyFriedman.com & www.7-string.com
              My website: www.mayzan.com

Comment

Always loved the way reverse headstocks looked, then when I played one it seemed totally unnatural to me. Felt like someone was coming at me with something in my peripheral vision.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Danacus View Post
                  My opinions...

Jackson geetars with reverse heads > Jackson geetars with standard heads...

...strings thru body > Floyds > Kahlers
                  +1

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                    Kahlers? Wouldn't it be easier to buy a bad amp?
                    :ROTF:
                    Hee hee, have to agree. I'd pick a Floyd over a Kahler any day.

Comment

Love reverse headstocks, either strat-style or Jackson. I hope they will continue to offer a large selection.

As for bridges, if I had to pick a locking trem, I'd opt for a good Floyd-style bridge. However, the last guitar I bought had a non-locking trem because I have enough Floyd-style bridges to deal with...
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                        Kahlers? Wouldn't it be easier to buy a bad amp?
                        Thank you. You just gave me a reason why NEVER to buy another Jackson in future. You rock!
                        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I have never played one but I love the way reverse headstocks look. Single hummer reverse headstock.......take me back to the 80's.

Comment

Comment

Thats what Im talking about.

Comment

Looks like you could drink coffee off of it.

J/K
                                Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                                Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                                Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Working...
                                X