Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sl2lover
    And ESP's, now those are just gay!!!!

I used to have an ESP Kh-2 before I jumped ship and got a USA jackson.

Some of them are great guitars, I hope to reclaim a Kh-2 someday

Comment

Well, my Rhoads custom shop was ordered with a Kahler brand new by me. It is RR2815, a 24 fret Rhaods, rear loaded electronics, no pickguard, poplar body with maple neck and ebony fretboard, tall skinny frets, Mystic paint, matching headstock, abalone logo, and coiled Cobra inlays in abalone and MOP. I like the Kahler Pro a lot. At the time I ordered it I had to call the custom shop and spoke with Tim Wilson to make sure it was still available. I'm glad to see Kahler back up and running, they were at winter NAMM.

Rudy
      www.wickedrocks.com
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Reverse Headstocks rule!
        btw..the Kahler/bad amp line..too funny!!..HILAROUS!
        DiMarzio Endorsee
        www.dimarzio.com
        Morley Endorsee
        www.morley.com
        "Intelli-Shred" author
        www.myspace.com/intellishred
        NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

yes I too luv reverse headstocks and being able to get colored binding now.

Comment

I like reverse headstock and forward headstocks. But I preffer a floyd over a kahler. Although I have had 2 kahler pros and the one on my SD strathead is pretty good. But I'm still thinking of tossin a floyd on it. It was originaly a Vtrem so the routs are already there. I just gotta figure out how to cover the cavity made for the kahler with out destroying the guitar. Hmm
            Gil

Comment

My opinions...

Jackson geetars with reverse heads > Jackson geetars with standard heads...

...strings thru body > Floyds > Kahlers

Comment

I don't like reversed headstocks.But i don't mind if you make them.As long as the standart headstock is possible ,i welcome every different shape!
                I prefer Kahler to any other brand!
                www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

love reverse headstocks and love floyds..

Comment

I like reversed headstocks...not the funnest to tune,
                    but there seems to be a lighter string tension bending the high strings and not as much string behind the nut to cause tuning problems when bending.

string through all the way... if a trem make mine a vintage trem... if a
                    locking trem
                    only a floyd truly works.
                    why kahler was ressurected I'll never know...

Comment

Can't Jackson buy the rights to the Wonderbar? I would buy any guitar with a wonderbar!! LOL
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
                        I guess this is pointed more the the jcmktgguy, but I'm sure some of you know!! Are we gonna see Reverse headstocks, and Kahlers on USA models in the future??
                        Let's 'turn back time' to the late '80's!:
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nLynchFull.jpg
                        & w/normal headstocks:
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...snakelong1.jpg
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...CharvelUSA.jpg

Comment

Those were the days...
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Kahlers are OK with me.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

IMHO there's no reason why they couldn't offer 'em now days. What with the production (hybrid) Kahler designs being a lot cheaper. Heck, if Jackson Stars can do it...
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by peedenmark7 View Post
                                why kahler was ressurected I'll never know...
                                ok im a noob here,but i have to say i own both bridges
                                Floyd and a Kahler,IMO i find the Kahler far more superior,
                                the only reason the Kahler died and dissappearedl,the japanese
                                had made a knock off version of the bridge and were putting the Kahler name on it,Gary Kahler spent everything he had on lawyers,to stop the production of these knock off's,and it basicly bankrupted him and was no longer able to run his company,so the Kahler company fell wayside,i believe in 2004 Gary Kahler and Neal Moser got together to bring the company out of the Ashes,for a rebirth,the nice thing about a Kahler,is you dont have to router out so much wood to place the tremolo on,thus giving your guitar more tonal qualities to it,to get back on subject here
                                i'll take any guitar with a reversed head stock and a Kahler ( as long as it a RR1 with 24 frets or a KellyStar,which Jackson stop making)
                                http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Working...
                                X