Kahler Tremolos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kahler Tremolos

If Jackson doesnt sell SL2H's with Kahlers, I'll probaby buy a JacksonStar.
    I plan on getting a custom shop jackson with a 2315, but that wont be for a while.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I plan on getting a custom shop jackson with a 2315, but that wont be for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]It's a free country last time I checked. Kahlers,Floyds. Floyds,Kahlers....go with what you like! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]It's a free country last time I checked. Kahlers,Floyds. Floyds,Kahlers....go with what you like! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
        I'm still hoping that they offer Kahlers on the SL2H.
        As stated earlier...I'd buy two.
        A limited run with a black SL2H with a Kahler 2315 would be nice.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          .....Nothing like trying to get the smell of oil out of your hand after doing some palm muting with a Kahler Pro!...

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, never had this... you you deep-fry yours? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're supposed to oil the moving parts on Kahler trems every 3 months... that's why a 20-year-old Kahler can still be in great shape while you'd go through a couple of OFRs plus misc. parts in the same time period. As for the smell,
          it's not like you're working at Jiffy Lube, kinda pauncy to cry about that!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I dislike Kahlers. I have two of them on guitars, I have to keep them. but I wouldnt buy anymore. I am Floyd all the way!!!! I just think its the best option for a floating bridge. Stays in tune, all the time. Kahlers are always nudging out of tune on me. THe lock nut situation is a pain. The concept of a double locking trem is better IMO, just from experience.

My vote is for Floyd.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Let's look at this as if you have the cash in hand to buy the guitar. You're in the store, they have the guitar you want, but you have your choice of a Kahler or a Floyd. Which one would you take home with you today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Floyd.

Comment

For those of you Kahler aficionados......
                Look in the Limited Run Guitar Section.
                Matt is working with us to get a limited run SL2H with a Kahler.

Comment

Kahler cam: no

Kahler fulcrum: yes, but it also better have a locking nut, not just a string lock.
                  Just a guitar player...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    Let's look at this as if you have the cash in hand to buy the guitar. You're in the store, they have the guitar you want, but you have your choice of a Kahler or a Floyd. Which one would you take home with you today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Floyd.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
                    Because I don't say it
                    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Floyd. I have a Kahler on my SD strat head. ( i didnt do it I bought it that way) and yeah its ok and the tension feels like a floyd its just not the same and it feels differant under my hand. So umm yeah FLOYD.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        .....Nothing like trying to get the smell of oil out of your hand after doing some palm muting with a Kahler Pro!...

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, never had this... you you deep-fry yours? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're supposed to oil the moving parts on Kahler trems every 3 months... that's why a 20-year-old Kahler can still be in great shape while you'd go through a couple of OFRs plus misc. parts in the same time period. As for the smell,
                        it's not like you're working at Jiffy Lube, kinda pauncy to cry about that!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know about the maintenance, I heve a 22 year old Kahler on my flying V that works fine... the deep fry comment was aimed at the amout if oil I think would be necessary for my hands to stink notably [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

• I can see that the population here is either Kahler OR Floyd, mostly..

So trying out my first axe with a Kahler will be exciting

Comment

• MY ESP MII has a Kahler and my old Ernie Ball Axis had a Floyd and I really can't tell the difference between the two. They keep the strings in tune, and they let me go weeeeiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr and woooooooououuurrrrrrrrr whenever I need to. Well actually the Floyd on the Axis was blocked from going up so I could only go woooooooououuurrrrrrrrr with it.

I sure didn't know you had to oil the Kahler. Maybe that's why it creaks when I use it.. jk!

Comment

• I love Kahlers. and floyds and JT6's. The new kahlers are simply aweful. I have experience with one. Horrible. If you can get bakc tothe older design I am all for it as a option of production type soloist option. Juts my .02

Comment

• Originally posted by jcmktgguy
                                Would you be interested in buying a Jackson or Charvel with a Kahler?
                                YES!!! I Picked up a 1983 San Dimas Rhoads with a Kahler, and i was pleasantly suprised with it's sustain, ability to stay in tune and ease of use. I have used Floyd Rose, NOS Vintage replacements, Steinberg, Wilkinson, and PRS tremelos. This has to be one of the best. The cost of these used to scare me away.

Comment

Working...
                                X