The reason I don't have any newer Jacksons is because they come with Floyds

[/ QUOTE ]
    +1
    must have overread that post at the first time

Comment

• Re: Kahler Tremolos

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Soldering the ball ends of your strings will also help a great deal with staying in tune better.

[/ QUOTE ]

GHS makes a reinforced set that solves this problem. I've never tried them, but regular Boomers are the best strings I've found for Kahlers. Dean Markley Blue Steels snap like twigs at the ball ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

D'Addario used to make K-XLs back in the day that were reinforced specifically for use with Kahlers but I've no idea if they still do.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Ernie Ball still makes the RPS strings. That's what I use.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I like both Floyds and Kahlers because they each do different trem things well, and a Kahler flatmount responds more like a tunomatic with string bends and staying in tune when a string breaks, much unlike a Floyd. The Floyd nut is definitely superior, but the Kahler clamp is usable. I would deefinitely consider a new model with Kahler flatmount trem, they last much longer if you just clean and oil them.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Ernie Ball still makes the RPS strings. That's what I use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you find them? Nowhere around here sells them.

Comment

last time i checked MF and just strings had them.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

For what it is worth, I have been using GHS boomers with kalhers going back 20 years w/o issue.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Floyd.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    ...Floyds are what prevented me from getting into Jacksons after Kahler went under. I finally gave in, but I would rather have the Kahler.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    +1. The only reason I use Floyds is because it´s become notably easier to procure replacement parts. But with Kahler back in business that shouldn´t be an issue anymore, and I´ve heard the new trems are as good as the old ones.

I would gladly pay a small upcharge for a choice of Kahler 23xx series trem or 33xx series hardtail on Jacksons or Charvels, though with my current situation my vote is pretty worthless.....

Comment

I just got a model 5 with a kahler and want to put a floyd nut on it, would that be possible?
                      1986 Model 5 with Kahler
                      RH100 Randall head
                      4x12 cabinet with Eminence Blue Tick Hound speakers

Comment

Yes I'd be interested.

I'd buy two SL2H with Kahler 2320s right now if you made them available to me.

I own and gig guitars with OFRs and 2300 Series Kahlers.

IMO Kahler > OFR.

Bring on the Kahlers!

Comment

I would like a choice between the two, either floyd, or a kahler with floyd nut and better springs like others have been saying. I think the option really helps in the mind of a consumer, the buyer has a choice.

Comment

I clearly remember talking to someone in the custom shop back in the mid 80's. They were having trouble getting Floyds, because Kramer held the rights to them, so Jackson started using the Kahlers. Not because they were BETTER, just because they were easier to get in bulk. If you wanted a Floyd in the early days, you had to provide it yourself! The Jackson work order on my 85 Soloist says "Floyd Rose-Customer provided"!
                            Nothing like trying to get the smell of oil out of your hand after doing some palm muting with a Kahler Pro! Floyds forever!
                            '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
                            '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
                            '98 PRS Custom 22
                            '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

I would consider a guitar with Kahler, would be nice to try one though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                .....Nothing like trying to get the smell of oil out of your hand after doing some palm muting with a Kahler Pro!...

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, never had this... you you deep-fry yours? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X