No announcement yet.

Kahler Tremolos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the new Kahler Hyrbid, you can lock the bridge so it's effectively a fixed bridge. As the price has come down (being mass-produced), I'd love to see these pop up on some Jacksons. I've heard some other manufacturers are contemplating using this bridge...
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
      With the new Kahler Hyrbid, you can lock the bridge so it's effectively a fixed bridge. As the price has come down (being mass-produced), I'd love to see these pop up on some Jacksons. I've heard some other manufacturers are contemplating using this bridge...
      Sounds similar to the Auto Latch thing Kahler was using on their Floyd copies on a lot of Carvins back in the day... flip a lever and it would take it out of floating mode and make it fixed.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• I would go with the Kahler!
        Better to adjust
        Better sound
        Easier string change!
        Bring it On!
        www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

• Look what the guy over at Halo Guitars got Gary to make him:

The 7-string trem pic is too big to direct link.

Comment

• I have a number of '86-87 jap charvels with Kahler trems....but would love to try out the other Kahler models of trems...but there are no guitars that come with them....making it impossible to try them out without buying one and replacing the trem on one of my guitars....! I have put the "wilkinson" tremolo on my two of my strats, along with the "wilkinson" (no not the one that fender sells) roller nut - which I love.

Comment

• Originally posted by noodlesatf View Post
              Look what the guy over at Halo Guitars got Gary to make him:

Nice!! Any idea of the cost?
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

• Unfortunately, I have no clue. The owner of Halo Guitars talked to Gary personally about them, to put on his guitars. I have no clue if Kahler plans to make them available to the general public. Halo is making a few of them available for individual sale, though, so it is worth asking.

Comment

• i had a Kahler on my old neck thru round horn v and it sounded great. While I didn't use the trem bar much I the tone better than the FR. However I think the Kahler had too many moving parts to clean and mess with compared to a floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by noodlesatf View Post
                    Look what the guy over at Halo Guitars got Gary to make him:

THAT BASTARD!!! I spoke to both Steve and Gary about the possibility of a seven string trem for a personal custom axe not 6 months ago and they said it was a definite impossibility at the moment, regardless of who asks *grrrrrr*

For christ´s sake, that´s the only reason I bought my Ibanez 7 instead of building my own w/ a Kahler....
                    Last edited by Zerberus; 12-03-2006, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• WTF?? An 8 string kahler bridge? Weird.....

Comment

• The only place I'd like to have a kahler would be on a B.C. Rich. Jacksons and Floyds just go together really well.
                        Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                        Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                        Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

• i had a kahler hybrid(locking) installed on my flamed maple bodied jackson(For sale) and it's all back together!

my tech said it stays in tune perfectly(wammied the hell out of it) and the lock feature is neat. i bought a chrome one....and will be picking it up tomorrow night.

i'll post back with feedback.

Comment

• Just had the opportunity to try out and yes "put my hand into the wound" the new line of redesigned Kahler cam tremolos and I was completely "knocked out" ! I just bought three floyd units which I put on a my guitars and I now want to take them all off and replace them with the new 2300 Kahlers. This new design is superior to the Floyd - it is a one of a kind origional.....What a great product. I will be ordering two units to replace one of my Kahler 2500 units on my Model 3 and for one of my strats......!

Anyone else see them/try them out at the NAMM Conv.......What are your thoughts?

Comment

• I've probably posted on this thread before. But yes. I love the feel of Kahler's, I love that 'spongy' feel they have to them when using the whammy bar.
                              93 USA Soloist EDS
                              USA HT6 Juggernaut
                              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

• I was trying out a guitar downstairs (one of those smaller guitar companies). It had a cool trans green finish. Anyway, it had the new Kahler hybrid I guess it's called. Loved it! Better than the old Kahlers.
                                Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                                www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Working...
                                X