NAMM 2012 Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rudy!
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Ranks Thudy!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Ranks Thudy!
        Wour Yelcome
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Warriors and wenches of ye Jackson and Charvel forums! Be'ith there photographs of ye fresh Charvels at NAMM MMXII? This knight hath scoured these very internets and nary a single depiction 'twas founde!

This post now concludeth!
          WITNESS YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT IN METALLIC, CINEMATIC GLORY!
          http://www.heavymetalsuperstar.com

Comment

O.K. I got a bunch of pix posted on Facebook. It was a royal PITA because Facebook would fail to load pix, freeze, post pix in random order, etc... but here are the links from NAMM 2012 to the main things people here might be interested in,

Jackson: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8127765&type=3

Charvel: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8127765&type=3

GMP Guitars: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8127765&type=3

GJ2 Guitars: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8127765&type=3

Gibson: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8127765&type=3

Marshall: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8127765&type=3

I hope you guys enjoy them!
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Is it just the flash or is the ebony board on the double neck 6/7 RR silverish?
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                In this case its not the flash, it sort of is silverish.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Awesome pics! I've been waiting to see the Charvel and GMP booths. Very cool to see that you got shots of the DeMartini Charvels before and after Warren signed them.

Any cool stories from hanging out with Dan Lawrence? That purple/green HRF firebird looks sweet.

Comment

Thanks Rudy!

Comment

You're welcome guys. No stories from Dan Lawrence, we run into each other at NAMM just about every year and BS a bit. Those GMP's are really nice. There needs to be a GMP in my future at some point
                      On the Charvels, I need one of those Demartinis too. I like the features of the snakeskin with the truss adjustment being easily accessible, stainless frets, and of course the snakeskin rules! I'm also partial to the crossed swords from way back when.
                      Last edited by roodyrocker; 01-26-2012, 08:35 PM.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

If I'm not mistaken...those appeared to be ALUMINUM fretboards in person!! I could be wrong but that's what they looked like to me.
                        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                          If I'm not mistaken...those appeared to be ALUMINUM fretboards in person!! I could be wrong but that's what they looked like to me.
                          There wasn't anyone from Jackson around for me to ask at the time I was there but the fretboard appeared to have some kind of covering on it or it's aluminum as Kurt said. I'm not sure which, it was a cool looking piece that's for sure!
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

THANKS for all the pics Rudy! I always love looking at them every year after NAMM! You get all the angles in there just like we were there looking at them in person!

Really liked the Charvel booth!

Comment

Thanks for the pix Rudy. About that Fishman thing - Any UK release date? I'm assuming at this stage, I'll need to go audio out of my PC to my mixer, or does the system come with a splitter (USB and audio)?
                              Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-29-2012, 11:19 AM.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                                THANKS for all the pics Rudy! I always love looking at them every year after NAMM! You get all the angles in there just like we were there looking at them in person!

Really liked the Charvel booth!
                                I try to get as many views as possible because I know some people will want to see specific things. The Charvel booth was really cool and many here don't realize how significant the location of it was this year. Charvel was on the main floor with a big and really well done display. They were right across from Peavey which is one of the bigger displays there every year. BTW, I still want that Charvel with the Fat Checkers graphis from a couple years ago. That thing was awesoeme!

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                                Thanks for the pix Rudy. About that Fishman thing - Any UK release date? I'm assuming at this stage, I'll need to go audio out of my PC to my mixer, or does the system come with a splitter (USB and audio)?
                                I'm not sure about the release date in the UK. But I could have swore they said it would be released here in the spring. Street price around $299.00. From what I saw it has the pickup on the guitar and a little wireless USB device resembling a thumb drive. I assume that it would be just like running your guitar through a computer to record ar whatever. You can also still run your regular guitar cable for your regular magnetic pickups as you normally do. I filmed a little demo using my Kodak Playsport but when I try to put the SD card in my laptop to download it the files are unrecognized. As soon as I figure out how to get it working I'll post the video for you guys to check out.
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X